Orwell
Pettytyrant101
Amarië
Eldorion
Norc
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Anyone gonna watch Lilyhammer? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone gonna watch Lilyhammer?

Post by Orwell Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:37 pm

Intelligent Americans -- how confusing that's going to be for me from now on! Shocked And isn't 'Intelligent American' an oxymoron anyway? Suspect

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Anyone gonna watch Lilyhammer? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone gonna watch Lilyhammer?

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:39 pm

who are you calling a moron? Suspect
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Turembar Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:19 pm

I haven't heard of this series before, but from the description, the image came to mind of a Norwegian version of 'Eastenders'. I haven't been to Norway either, but spent a year among their long lost relations on Iceland, though I heard in culture the Icelanders are closest to Denmark.
I find all the Nordic countries pretty facinating and when it comes to ways of thinking, often quite unique to my experience.
Turembar
Turembar
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:48 am

Mrs Figg wrote:who are you calling a moron? Suspect

Are you an American, Mrs Figg? Shocked If you are, I'll make an exception for you - natch! I love you

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:03 am

If Figgy turns out to be an American, my whole world will be turned inside out.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:14 pm

I am Welsh with English bits sticking out at odd angles. Moon
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:36 pm

It seems my new theme is being mooned by Mrs Figg - a not unpleasant way to spend a day I must add. cyclops

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:40 am

Ahem, smoothing over certain anti-certain-countries-sentiments earlier in this thread...

I did watch the first episode of Lillyhammer. I quite liked it! I'm also in the middle of The Sopranos, so it was fun to see Steven Van Zandt in his own show.

The problem is that I don't think Netflix offers seasons 2 and 3 on disc... What a bother!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:12 am

Holy nostalgia trip, Batman! Shocked The first page of this thread takes me way back. I didn't remember that Lilyhammer was what convinced me to first sign up for Netflix and I hadn't thought about Landover Baptist in ages, glad to see they're still online. One of the most dedicated satire sites I've ever read.

Ahem. Anyway, glad that you enjoyed the first episode, Forest! TBH I don't remember very much about the show but I hope you continue to have a good time with it. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:50 pm

last season is, as most series are, not that good as the first two, but def give it a go!

on the nostalgia bit... i don't dare read back Razz
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:51 pm

Eldorion wrote:I signed up for NetFlix (first month free, how could I resist? Laughing) and watched the first several episodes of Lilyhammer tonight.  It was kinda silly at times but I laughed consistently throughout and enjoyed watching it.  NetFlix already has the rest of the first season so I'll try to get through them over the next few weeks.  All in all a really fun show that came out of nowhere for me.  I'd never heard of it before it came up on this forum. Very Happy

aw... look how cute he is writing NetFlix
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2