Ringdrotten
Pettytyrant101
Gandalf's Beard
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

I'm Back - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm Back

Post by Gandalf's Beard Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:21 pm

Okay, I'm BACK AGAIN....sort of. Things have been a little rough for me since Mum died (totally unexpectedly) last November. Crying or Very sad

I'm not sure how much posting I'll do. I've been a bit active on Facebook recently, so I figured I should drop in now that I've warmed up a bit. But things are up in the air regarding Mum's estate (minimal such as it is). So my posts may be a bit scattered and inconstant. But I've MISSED ALL OF YOU SO MUCH. Crying or Very sad

Thanks Eldo, Odo, and Petty for your encouraging emails. Very Happy

SO much has happened since I've been gone. New Decor, thousands of new threads. Obviously I won't be able to catch up, so bear with me as I will just post afresh. And obviously there is a lot of other stuff I've been following and I can't possibly repost ALL of it here. So please find me and friend me on Facebook so we can keep in touch even if my posts here are sparse.

GB's facebook wall:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002588430365

I'm not sure where to start, so give me a chance to browse a bit before expecting new posts. Embarassed

GB

The very first Hobbit Films fanfiction on the Internet, formerly known as The Adventures of Bilbo and Itaril when first posted waaaay back in 2009, revised and retitled as The Adventures of Bilbo and Tauriel

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5678122/1/The-Adventures-of-Bilbo-and-Tauriel

I'm Back - Page 2 Main-qimg-25b60ec8346a6008664b1df35a2131cd

"It is like a finger pointing at the moon. Pay no attention to the finger or you will miss all that heavenly Glory"--Bruce Lee

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence."--Carl Sagan
Gandalf's Beard
Gandalf's Beard
Emeritus

Location : In the Headmaster's office at Hogwarts having tea with Dumbledore, Merlin, and Obi Wan Kenobi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:24 pm

Whatever time you find to spend with us here GB is time to be savoured. Welcome back. cheers

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf's Beard Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:28 pm

Thanks Petty. Very Happy

I'll start off slow at first, but I expect my Hobbit Forum addiction will come back full force now that I've slipped off the wagon. Wink

GB

The very first Hobbit Films fanfiction on the Internet, formerly known as The Adventures of Bilbo and Itaril when first posted waaaay back in 2009, revised and retitled as The Adventures of Bilbo and Tauriel

"It is like a finger pointing at the moon. Pay no attention to the finger or you will miss all that heavenly Glory"--Bruce Lee

Gandalf's Beard
Gandalf's Beard
Emeritus

Location : In the Headmaster's office at Hogwarts having tea with Dumbledore, Merlin, and Obi Wan Kenobi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:29 pm

welcome back ^_^ Don't think we've met, hello anyway Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:31 pm

Lifes so much better on a wagon GB. Well, ok its not, but it seems a lot better and thats what counts! Nod drunken

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:32 pm

Glad to have you back GB - we were all chattering along on some thread (your name actually came up) when SsWhoooshh everyone suddenly disappeared. Couldn't figure out where they'd all gone, then discover you have returned...like all the paparazzi rushing out of the room on an Elvis rumor.

But GB, seriously, FACEBOOK = MORDOR. Don't go there!

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf's Beard Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:36 pm

Norc wrote:welcome back ^_^ Don't think we've met, hello anyway Very Happy

Thanks Norc. Nice to meet you too! Smile

Watch out though, my Crabbity posts can give Petty's Crabbity a run for the money. Cool So watch out for collateral damage.

GB

Gandalf's Beard
Gandalf's Beard
Emeritus

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf's Beard Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:38 pm

halfwise wrote:Glad to have you back GB - we were all chattering along on some thread (your name actually came up) when SsWhoooshh everyone suddenly disappeared. Couldn't figure out where they'd all gone, then discover you have returned...like all the paparazzi rushing out of the room on an Elvis rumor.

But GB, seriously, FACEBOOK = MORDOR. Don't go there!

Good Lord. Shocked "Halfwise," you wouldn't be another of Odo's and Wisey's extended family are you?

GB

Gandalf's Beard
Gandalf's Beard
Emeritus

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:41 pm

Orwell almost took me in when his kid stopped eating his scrumptious veggies, but no, that would have been an outright adoption if it occurred.

I was on the old forum a little bit. Wouldn't necessarily expect you to remember me, though some did.
halfwise
halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:42 pm

GB comes back and suddenly theres 9 folks on and its a party! Very Happy drunken drunken

Halfwise is definetly an independent soul GB from our old forum, but you may because of the name be confusing him with Biffo Banks who is certaingly half wise. But not the good half.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:43 pm

Hello GB,

good to see you here!

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:43 pm

Its great to finally meet you Gandalfs Beard, you are quite a Legendary figure, and I cant wait to see you out crabbit Petty, he's been driving me nuts.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:43 pm

WELCOME BACK, GB! cheers

I'm so glad to hear that things are getting better for you. I'm sorry that so much is still up in the air for you but it's good to see around here again. I sent you a friend request on Facebook, though my account there is under my real name. I look forward to seeing you here for as much as you feel able to post. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:57 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:Its great to finally meet you Gandalfs Beard, you are quite a Legendary figure, and I cant wait to see you out crabbit Petty, he's been driving me nuts.

Actually Figgy, GB's closer to your sensibilities. That's why they tangle. Don't get jealous....

And make no mistake, Petty's the Crabbitmeister, and what most gets under his skin is when people should be crabbit but they ain't.

Though if I remember my ancient history I believe Odo was the one who first introduced the term.
halfwise
halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:00 pm

Well if he is liking film Denethor it will be interesting to go back for round two. ding ding. Ill get the hot flannels and masseuse ready. Very Happy

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:00 pm

I you mean 'crabbit' Halfwise it was a word of such splendiferuosness that Oz hobbits were ignorant of it, although it was I believe Odo who first queried my use of it and demanded a definition.

Mrs Figg GB likes everything PJ did. Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:03 pm

I knew he was cool. That just confirms it. cheers sunny Kissing
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:08 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:I you mean 'crabbit' Halfwise it was a word of such splendiferuosness that Oz hobbits were ignorant of it, although it was I believe Odo who first queried my use of it and demanded a definition.

Ah, so I just caught wind of it when he first started using it. Makes sense that it originated with you.
halfwise
halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf's Beard Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:51 pm

Thanks for all the kind welcomes. Very Happy

As far as being Crabbity, Petty and I mainly tangle over PJ's version of LotR Razz , and his crabbitiness far surpasses mine on that topic. But we share many of the same Crabbity views when it comes to politics. In that regard I only Out-Crabbit Petty with my strong language when I rail against Right Wingers. Mad javascript:emoticonp('Mad') (bloody bastards)

GB

Gandalf's Beard
Gandalf's Beard
Emeritus

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf's Beard Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:53 pm

PS: My memory is coming back. My apologies Halfwise for not instantly recalling you. Embarassed

GB

Gandalf's Beard
Gandalf's Beard
Emeritus

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:18 am

is okay, I was just a disembodied voice back then.
halfwise
halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:37 am

Just posted on the other thread, not knowing you had already posted here - welcome back, GB Very Happy It's great to see you here again, I've missed your voice among Petty's screams of rage and dismay Laughing Take your time and come back in full when you can. Once again, nice to see you back on here Smile

I'm Back - Page 2 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:38 am

Ooh, so you're are actually back! Serves me right for not reading all the threads-- there are just so many nowadays!
Really happy to see you here again!! :)x

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:13 am

Oh my goodness. Shocked So it's come to this: the old Arch Liberal is back! Rolling Eyes

Me send emails --- Suspect Must have been that silly Orwell... For all his tough masculine talk he's a sentimental pussy cat when it comes to you, Mr Beard! Mad

{{{And there's me thinking we got rid of him once and for all.. Rolling Eyes }}}

Respectable Hobbit of Needlehole

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:14 am

Miaow! cheers

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next