Lorient Avandi
Orwell
Eldorion
Ally
Pettytyrant101
25 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

FREEDOM!!!! - Page 40 Empty Re: FREEDOM!!!!

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri May 17, 2013 10:32 am

"There are apsects of the SNP that are facist"- Farage on the radio today

Laughing This is class.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri May 17, 2013 10:33 am

Well now that's just sour grapes.

I guess "how's it feel being treated like an asylum-seeker" must have really stung. Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri May 17, 2013 10:35 am

"filled with a total and utter hatred of the English"
"For some reason the British media has never talked about the excesses of Scottish nationalism and how deeply unpleasant they can be,"
"These people were supporters of Scottish nationalism, virulently opposed to the English"-Farage

An SNP spokesman said: "Anyone who heard the interview with Nigel Farage on BBC this morning would have thought he has completely lost the plot."

Farage ends the interview on BBC Scotland when they question UKIP's policies with - 'this is the same sort of hatred I saw on the streets of Edinburgh yesterday and frankly Ive had eough of this interviiew. Goodbye......(hangs up on interviewer)

Laughing

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri May 17, 2013 10:41 am

Incidentally my favourite part of this whole story is that when the protests started, before he thought it was clever to hide in a pub! Idiot! Farage tried to escape in a taxi- but the driver refused the fare. Very Happy

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri May 17, 2013 10:47 am

Found the official UKIP quote from yesterday-

"Was it anti-English? I doubt it, I don't think they thought that far," he said. "I don't think he was shaken up by it. He was laughing, in fact.

And now today he is all over the media claiming it was anti-english racism!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri May 17, 2013 10:48 am

"It was a demonstration dressed up as being anti-racism but in fact in itself was deeply racist, with a total hatred of the English...I mean, my goodness me, if this is the face of Scottish nationalism it's a pretty ugly picture.
The anger, the snarling, the shouting, the swearing was all linked in to a desire for the Union Jack to be burnt and extinguished from Scotland forever."- Farage today.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri May 17, 2013 11:27 am

Dunno if it plays outsde the UK, but the radio interview from BBC Scotland today with Farage-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-22566180

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri May 17, 2013 11:55 am

Had a read Eldo, overall very good- here's my notes on a few thngs.

Case Description

1. Wales is no longer technically a country. The Uk actually consists of three countries- Scotland, England, Northern Ireland and the Principality of Wales. It is due to a historical anomaly property of the Royal Estate, and the Heir to Throne also holds the title Prince of Wales.
But in practical terms as far as devolved government and Westminister is concerned, and as far as its inhabitants are concerned, it is treated just like a country.

2. "The Scottish Government is controlled by the Scottish National Party (SNP), which pushed for the creation of a parliament for decades and achieved this goal in 1999."

Labour are the long standing proponents of devolution not the SNP. And the late Donald Dewar, Labour Minister was instrumental in founding the Scottish Parliament, creating the legislation and getting it through Westminister and was its First Minister when it sat. His statue stands outsde the Parliament. The SNP originally opposed devolution and refused to take part in the drafting legislation. They have always campaigned on an Independence platform.

Case Study

1. Scottish parliament elections are a List PR system, not first past the post. The only time Scots vote in a First Past the Post system is at the General Election for electing a UK government.
All votes wihin Scotland at all levels are forms of PR.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Fri May 17, 2013 12:46 pm

Hey! Wales is to a country!

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri May 17, 2013 12:58 pm

I would vote UKIP, I think Farage has some good points. if I was him I would not go further than Hadrians Wall, it will end in tears. No whats relevant or logical for England is obviously not ok for Scotland, he was a bit naive, he probably thought the Scots were as disenfranchised from main stream politics as the English are, he probably thought immigration was as big a problem further North, its a huge problem in England and theres no point being pc and saying its not. I remember Tebbits infamous 'rivers of blood' speech, it seemed extreme then but on hindsight he was right. People have had enough with one eyed terrorists getting council houses. We should have tougher immigration laws like Australia which is fair for the inhabitants and for everyone. If you move to a country it should be for study or work or because you are escaping tyranny or death from war etc, not because you want to be a parasite. maybe my views are right wing, but I believe I have always voted Labour and that I am fairly Left wing, but its got to breaking point, thats why UKIP and Grillo here in Italy have gained the protest vote.

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Fri May 17, 2013 1:26 pm

Immigration isn't the problem its low pay, poverty, lack of social housing- immigrants are just the scapegoats.
Just 1.8% of social housing tenants moved to UK within last 5 yrs. Fight the Tory/UKIP lies.

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri May 17, 2013 2:33 pm

I dont think immigrants are the scapegoat at all. its got nothing to do with the usual 'they come over here and take our jobs' rubbish. its nothing to do with racism. its about taking care of the British people first in their own country, if people feel like second class citizens in their own country it causes bad feeling to boil over and it gives ammunition to the real fascists. there has Always been poverty and low pay and for half a century integrated immigration, if immigration is left unchecked it makes for ghettos and unrest and an us against them mentality building up into race hate. thats why UKIP has a voice it has a voice because of these deep seated feelings of anxiety, that the mamby pamby politicians have let political correct idiocy run mad.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri May 17, 2013 2:52 pm

if immigration is left unchecked it makes for ghettos and unrest and an us against them mentality building up into race hate.- Mrs Figg

I think this is a difference between us Mrs Figgs. Its not that such attitudes dont exist here- they do in the very urbanised areas and to leser degree.
But two other factors come into play, we try to spread immigrants out more so they dont all end up in one block of flats or one estate or street, and we simply have less urbanised areas.
Glasgow being the main one. So a lot of the population who live in more rural areas might have seen an increase in non Scots residents, but nothing alarming to give a sense the English seem to have of being swamped, and losing communitis to new cultures.
And ost of us grew up in Scottish towns where there already were immigrants, all be it in traditional roles- the Indians ran the Indian restraunt, the Chinese the chinese one, and the Itialians made ice cream and ran a cafe.
So the idea of different cultures bubbling along into one is how Scotland works.
And that plays into a sense of being a mongrel nation in the first place and Scots have travelled the world and emmigrated, we have a long proud tradition of Scots leaving here and being infuluencial elsewhere in the world, and you cant have it both ways.
And lastly the type of immigrant is different. Most of the work needed here is skilled, we have less demand for low level workers and more for highly skilled ones. And they get very good wages and liive in nice areas.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Fri May 17, 2013 3:02 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:I dont think immigrants are the scapegoat at all. its got nothing to do with the usual 'they come over here and take our jobs' rubbish. its nothing to do with racism. its about taking care of the British people first in their own country, if people feel like second class citizens in their own country it causes bad feeling to boil over and it gives ammunition to the real fascists. there has Always been poverty and low pay and for half a century integrated immigration, if immigration is left unchecked it makes for ghettos and unrest and an us against them mentality building up into race hate. thats why UKIP has a voice it has a voice because of these deep seated feelings of anxiety, that the mamby pamby politicians have let political correct idiocy run mad.

I think we can ignore such delightfully bigoted and moronic ramblings about British citizens feeling like 'second class citizens'. Gated communities can be areas of white British people too. UKIP has no policy on urban planning or helping the poor. UKIP has no voice and it will gain no power.

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri May 17, 2013 3:12 pm

Ally whilst I agree competely about UKIP not being the answer there is a problem clearly.
And its a perfectly understandable one. If the area you grew up in, the high street you have always known becomes a place of shops you dont know, selling clothing and food stuffs that belong to a culture that seems alien to you. Where you hear more voices speaking in languages and accents you dont understand than you do people speaking your language, people naturally feel intimidated, disenfranchised, and cut off.
You cant pull up someones roots and alter it beyond recognition and not expect a reaction.

But out politicians have allowed this to happen. If the planning was in place, if there was a strategy from the start ths sort of thing could be avoided.
What UKIP are feeding off are unfounded fears and urban tales about immigrants and johnny foreigner.
But the anxiety which is underlying it in people an dmaking them turn to UKIP is not imaginary, and if its not addressed it will eventually unmask itself for what it is once it gets some power, racism.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Fri May 17, 2013 3:18 pm

Name me one area where an entire community has been replaced by another one. You can't. It hasn't happened. Local highstreets still have all kind of shops, as they always have. If there is an anxiety it is one held by the minority & I think we can ignore them as there is actual evidence which counters all of their arguments.

----------

http://www.hobbitmovieforum.com/t685-freedom-2

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40