Wisey Banks
Ally
Pettytyrant101
Baingil
Orwell
12 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Richmond Football Club The Tigers - Page 2 Empty Re: Richmond Football Club The Tigers

Post by Orwell Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:42 pm

That's true after a fasion in some aspects --- and coming from a Foreigner! I'm amazed! Shocked

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Richmond Football Club The Tigers - Page 2 Empty Re: Richmond Football Club The Tigers

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:30 am

How can I be foreign? Thats ludicrous. Everyting is sensible and proper here- men in kilts, air filled bags for instruments, offal stuffed sheeps stomach for food- what could possibly be construed as foreign about that? Mad

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by The Archet Bugle Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:34 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:How can I be foreign? Thats ludicrous. Everyting is sensible and proper here- men in kilts, air filled bags for instruments, offal stuffed sheeps stomach for food- what could possibly be construed as foreign about that? Mad

In some quarters they would be sound arguments, Petty -- foreign quarters!

Lesbo Proudfoot
Editor
The Archet Bugle
In-Confidence
The Archet Bugle
The Archet Bugle
Forumshire's Most Respectable Journal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:26 pm

If I ever opened a cash bureau all kind of money would be accepted! Apart from goats. They don't convert very well y'see. Now sheep convert excellently. They take their chance when they come about, that's for sure!

" is the ONLY sport in Forumshire worthy of it's OWN thread!"
Which should have read:

"is the ONLY sport in Forumshire worthy of it's OWN thread created by me (i.e ORWELL!)"

No need to thank me!

Long live the Lions...!

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:21 pm

"Now sheep convert excellently."- Ally

Welsh.. That's all I'm saying, but Welsh.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:48 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:"Now sheep convert excellently."- Ally

Welsh.. That's all I'm saying, but Welsh.

Religion-hopping Welsh sheep? Shocked Only in Wales! Rolling Eyes

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:51 pm

[quote="Ally"]
" is the ONLY sport in Forumshire worthy of it's OWN thread!"
Which should have read:

"is the ONLY sport in Forumshire worthy of it's OWN thread created by me (i.e ORWELL!)"

And is there no finer observer of the sporting life to have done it? (The answers btw Ally is "No.") It's not like anyone else here would have had the nous to do it. Oh Ally, you are so wise in some ways, but so obtuse in others.... Rolling Eyes

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:13 am

One reason folk should barrack for the Tiges!

Jack Dyer = Captain Blood. Famous Aussie Rules star and later a Sports Broadcaster. (Played and Coached from the 30's to the 60's. Commentated up to the 90's).

Here are some of his commentary gems: called "Dyerisms":

(From Wikipedia):

Not the most articulate on-air personality, Dyer's malapropisms became legendary. According to press obituaries, he was responsible for such gems as

"Yes, we had an enjoyable time on the French Riverina" (The Riverina is a highly productive agricultural region of south-western New South Wales)

and describing the problems with younger players by saying that "All they want to do is sit around and smoke marinara".

"I won't say anything in case I say something."

"Bartlett's older than he's ever been before."

"Johnston missed one from the 10 yard square – it was impossible to miss that."

"The only way to tackle Justin Madden. I don't know."

"That's the beauty of being small – your hands are close to your feet."

"Bamblett made a great debut last week, and an even better one today."

"The ball goes to Marceesie … Marcheson … McKann, er …" before co-commentator Ian Major interjected: "Actually, Jack I don't think Marchesani was in that passage of play."

"Mark Lee's long arms reaching up like giant testicles."

"It's as dark out there as the Black Hole of Dakota."

"The goal posts are moving so fast I can't keep up with the play."

And on World Of Sport, Dyer declared that Fitzroy had "copulated to the opposition".

I think my beloved Jack was in fact a hobbit from Bywater! Very Happy

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:20 am

Thought I better bring this thread back to a prime position. Only about four months until the new season starts. We've picked up some good recruits. I fully expect big things this year. And, unlike every other season in the past thirty years when my full expectations were dashed, I fully expect these big things to eventuate this time. Nod

Last edited by Orwell on Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:22 am

Keep the faith, Orwell! Keep the faith. cheers
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:23 am

That was a quick response, Eldo! Shocked Been keeping an eye on this Important Thread, I see. Good for you! Very Happy

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:30 am

Hurray! New Season about to begin. cheers I've put you all in the Forumshire Tiger Fan Club btw. No need to thank me! Very Happy

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:39 am

AFL starts tonight for the Tigers!

At last - a real sport to watch again...

Hooray! cheers

I've signed you all up as Honourary members of the Tiger Army, my friends. (I've decided to not give you a choice, as AFL is confusing enough for the unititiated without troubling you with deciding on who you like the best.

I'll keep you posted.

{{{Chris, I've decided to tolerate your Weagles --- because you originally came over from some unmentionable country, and didn't know any better when you first came over all sports-ignorant and naive. That's amazing tolerance coming from a Tigers supporter as you know. Very Happy --- Of course, I'll mark you down as a 'secret' Tigers supporter! That's only fair! Nod }}}

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:03 am

Not looking good at halftime
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:42 pm

It was worse at the end... Sad

But I won't give up yet... If you're not an Eternal Optimist, you can't be a Tiger Supporter, now can you?

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:17 am

At least Collinwood lost Very Happy
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:31 am

Sad I guess so... Sad

{{I suspect there were a few trolls and orcs in the Blues' side... Suspect You can't tell me, Chris, they were all hobbits from Archet...! Banghead }}}

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:21 am

Lets hope The Eagles win 2day, that should cheer you up Very Happy
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:07 am

I'm not so sure about that.. Sad

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:56 pm

I'm so happy lol!
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:23 pm

Anyway - this is a Tigerland thread, Chris... Extremely Crabbit

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:27 am

Bali zoo

Richmond Football Club The Tigers - Page 2 27067410
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:44 am

chris63 wrote:Great mark by Rioli

Richmond Football Club The Tigers - Page 2 Funny-gifs-scuse-me-bro

May as well make this the Tigerland/AFL thread, Chris. Really, this kind of thing is too good for those who follow the Minor Northern Team Sports... Might make them crabbit knowing AFL (Aussie Rues) is sooo far away from their cold and boring North parts.... Nod

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:01 am

The below copied from the "All things (minor) Sporting."

Get hold of one of the recent Grand Finals, Eldo.

Spectacular "marks", like the one you just saw.

Fifty to sixty metre kicks (like your Gridiron kickers kick - except nearly every Aussie Rules player at the top level can kick ' em).

Every player can go anywhere on the ground (pitch, park).

Kick the ball, handball the ball, mark the ball, twist and turn, tackle anyone with the ball, fly into the sky (like the video), you even get one point for missing a goal (so long as you don't miss by too far, it's called a 'behind' - a goal is six points).

Democracy gone crazy.

Oh yes, never mind the rules, there are too many to learn, and they change every year anyhow!

No padding or crash helmets, played at break neck speed - and if you fake an injury or play for a 'free kick' your own supporters kill you. A game for Men.

It might not, however, appeal to your American womanly sensibilities... Very Happy

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Wisey Banks Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:29 pm

The Great Tigers killed - for all their schemin's -
the slow and useless proud ol' Demons,
Now one from three we're cock-a-hoop,
Next we'll squash the Cats like ripe fruit!
Very Happy

Chief Forumshire Channeller

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum