Bluebottle
Eldorion
Wisey Banks
Orwell
The Wobbit A Parody
15 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Excerpts from The Wobbit (A Parody) - Page 4 Empty Re: Excerpts from The Wobbit (A Parody)

Post by The Wobbit A Parody Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:55 pm

PT and Azriel- Windy indeed! 
Ringdrotten and all- I'm great, thanks. Not doing much writing lately. Too much real life, as I said. It's been fun to sell at comic cons, though. The Harvard Lampoon parody has become a non-issue: Tolkien fans haven't embraced it, and it didn't become a bestseller. Now if I can just turn MY books into best selling fan favorites. I guess that's the trick.
The Wobbit A Parody
The Wobbit A Parody
Ringwinner

http://thewobbitaparody.com

Back to top Go down

Excerpts from The Wobbit (A Parody) - Page 4 Empty Re: Excerpts from The Wobbit (A Parody)

Post by bungobaggins Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:28 am

Any news about the next installment in the "Chairman of the Board of the Rings" series? Did Paul give any indication about a time-frame for release?

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:30 am

No idea - I've still not read the first in his LotR parody Embarassed So many books to read! Mad

Excerpts from The Wobbit (A Parody) - Page 4 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:28 am

I haven't read any of this parody stuff yet either. Is it scrumptiously crunchable and all that good stuff?

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:49 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed The Wobbit - not sure if it is "scrumptiously crunchable", but it's hilarious and highly recommendable Very Happy

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:33 pm

Sounds excellent!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wobbit A Parody Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:34 pm

Hello Forumshire! I've been gone for a while (prostate surgery, which went very well), so I really appreciate ANYONE asking about my parodies.

Sadly, my Tolkien parody writing is on hiatus. My German publishers didn't get the sales they had hoped for, because the Hobbit films didn't create the expected "secondary market." I have started work on The Two Towers Strike Back, but that work is on hold, because...

My German editor has contracted me to write a Star Wars parody! It will be a available in English this summer, and in German this fall. The secondary market for Star Wars has always been HUGE, so I'm hoping to get two more book deals out of this. Until then, I am keeping my day job.

I'm not going to go on about it, since it has (sadly) nothing to do with this forum. As always though, thank you for your kind encouragement and support!
The Wobbit A Parody
The Wobbit A Parody
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:09 pm

Oh well done Wobbit ! Very Happy Thats encouraging news ! Ive got your books in my basket on AMAZON & I intend to treat myself after all this Christmas hysteria. Good luck to you Very Happy

Excerpts from The Wobbit (A Parody) - Page 4 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Excerpts from The Wobbit (A Parody) - Page 4 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:29 pm

The Wobbit A Parody wrote:

I'm not going to go on about it, since it has (sadly) nothing to do with this forum.

On the contrary - it's got everything to do with this forum Very Happy Writing and Star Wars belong here as much as TH and LotR do. If your publisher allows it, keep us posted with an excerpt or two of your Star Wars parody, and let us know when it's available on Amazon Very Happy

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:30 pm

Great to hear from you again Paul- sorry to hear about the German publishers decision- something else to be crabbit at PJ about- not making good enough films to create a market for you! Mad

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:27 pm

Ringdrotten wrote:
The Wobbit A Parody wrote:

I'm not going to go on about it, since it has (sadly) nothing to do with this forum.

On the contrary - it's got everything to do with this forum Very Happy Writing and Star Wars belong here as much as TH and LotR do. If your publisher allows it, keep us posted with an excerpt or two of your Star Wars parody, and let us know when it's available on Amazon Very Happy

Yes! Keep us updated!

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:34 pm

I love Star Wars almost as much as I love LOTR, so I'd love to hear more about your new parody when you're able to share information about it, Paul. Very Happy I'm glad that the international market has been kind enough to you to open up this opportunity, even if The Hobbit films fell a little flat.  (And it's not just you; I pay a lot of attention to trends and activity due to running the forum, and The Hobbit sparked considerably less interest than me and other admins I know were hoping for.)
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:33 pm

You should really read those Shakespeare editions of Star Wars, Eldo, I believe you'd love them Smile They're not long (in fact, they're too short!), so you won't have to set aside lots of time for them either. And you work in a bookstore - read a chapter on a quiet shift or something Very Happy

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wobbit A Parody Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:51 am

BungoBaggins- thanks for reviving this thread!
Ringdrotten- thanks for recommending my book!
Forest Shepherd- if you like Forumshire, you'll probably like The Wobbit.
Azriel- if you read Kindle, I will gladly give you the eBook versions of my entire two-book catalogue. If you remind me, I'll set up a Free Book Promotion in early January.
Ringdrotten- posting some excerpts from Jar Jar Wars here would be fun, thanks. I want to have the book available to sell as a paperback at the Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo (AND on Amazon) in late April.
PT- the nerve of the Peter Jackson! I was counting on him to sell my books! I hope George Lucas is more reliable.
Eldo- I appreciate the industry insider information. Piper Verlag told me the same thing, but it's helpful to hear it from you too.
RD- the Shakespeare versions of Star Wars are published by (I was amazed) GEORGE LUCAS! I hope he is patient with an unauthorized parodist. I know The Disney people aren't. My work is absolutely legal, but I still worry.
It's great to hear from you all!

Last edited by The Wobbit A Parody on Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
The Wobbit A Parody
The Wobbit A Parody
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:39 pm

Hello, Paul! I'm hoping you're following this thread as I recently re-read your Wobbit parody, then I read your FotR parody which was every bit as good. I hope you haven't given up on the trilogy, I'd love to see how your version ends (and the undoubtedly glorious return of Pantsoff). Any chance we'll see the second book anytime soon? If you read this, let us know how you're doing, and how your writing projects are coming along Smile

Edit: Once I get back from my vacation I'll write a review on Amazon, of course, I forgot to mention that Smile

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wobbit A Parody Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:53 pm

Hello Ringdrotten!

It’s great to hear from you!

Thanks for your encouraging words about “The Wobbit A Parody” and “Superfriends Of The Ring.” I look forward to your review on Amazon, and I hope you have an excellent vacation.

“Jar Jar Wars, Episode IV: A New Dope” is available in English on Amazon, and in German (under the title “War was?: Die Krieg-der-Sterne-Parodie” which is very funny if you know German, I’m told) on Amazon.de. The reviews of the English version have been good, while the German reviews are mediocre which has been typical for me. I hope my German publisher wants another Star Wars parody, but they haven’t asked for it yet. I KNOW they don’t want any more Tolkien parodies, so I’ve suggested a James Bond parody, which I know would be fun. But like I said, there’s no response yet. I hope they reply soon, because I need a way to pay for my 25th wedding anniversary. My wife deserves something wonderful.

I would enjoy writing parodies of the TTT and ROTK, but I want to generate some income if my publisher is still interested. A book deal isn’t much, but it’s far more money than I can make selling the books myself, either online or at comic cons. It’s too bad that Jackson’s last two “Hobbit” films had so little to do with the book, but that’s show biz. I remain cynically hopeful that the new Star Wars film will be better than the other recent ones. And If it’s a wonderful, profitable film, that might help my parody.

I hope that you (and all the people at Forumshire) are doing well. Your post is a welcome reminder of how good all have been to me over the years.

If anyone on Forumshire is interested in a free Kindle version of “Jar Jar Wars,” please let me know. I will be happy to arrange a Free Download Day specifically for Forumshire (and your friends). If you want, I can give away my Tolkien parodies the same day, in case anyone doesn’t have them yet.
The Wobbit A Parody
The Wobbit A Parody
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:16 pm

I already purchased a copy of Jar Jar Wars, and it's on my "to read"-list Smile Shame about the lacking interest in further LotR parodies, but I really hope you finish them some day, if only for fun and to please the fans. I'd gladly pre-order if that helps Wink

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4