Lord of the Rings: the Musical

2 posters

Go down

Lord of the Rings: the Musical Empty Lord of the Rings: the Musical

Post by halfwise Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:29 pm

How come nobody told me there was a Lord of the Rings musical?  Probably because it (predictably) face planted.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/lord-rings-disastrous-west-end-164814684.html

Somewhere in there is 10 minutes of excerpts.  I don't recommend trying to watch it.

Oh, and there's an old Russian TV series! Looks more like a stage play. Laughing

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/russian-lord-rings-adaptation-makes-201148437.html

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Lord of the Rings: the Musical Empty Re: Lord of the Rings: the Musical

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:13 pm

Never mind the failed musical, what's this about Martin doing a stage play now, set to premiere in 2023?? Can the man finish his damn book series?!!?!?

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:29 pm

I posted some notes on that on the SOIF thread.  It seems he's not too deeply involved in the play, though a distraction is a distraction.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri May 14, 2021 12:36 pm

Can't found where I had last posted on the Russian version of LotR (actually just Fellowship, since it was more "idealogically pure"), but here's some more background on it.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/inside-soviet-lord-rings-cast-142124700.html

halfwise

Back to top Go down