Ultra HD 4K Blu Ray LOTR and Hobbit boxsets announced (presumably this will be the long talked about 'Ultimate edition')

+4
Lancebloke
Pettytyrant101
halfwise
malickfan
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Ultra HD 4K Blu Ray LOTR and Hobbit boxsets announced (presumably this will be the long talked about 'Ultimate edition') - Page 3 Empty Re: Ultra HD 4K Blu Ray LOTR and Hobbit boxsets announced (presumably this will be the long talked about 'Ultimate edition')

Post by chris63 Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:47 am

I couldn't wait to watch it on blu-ray when it came out and I still havnt watched Return of the King .

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Ultra HD 4K Blu Ray LOTR and Hobbit boxsets announced (presumably this will be the long talked about 'Ultimate edition') - Page 3 Empty Re: Ultra HD 4K Blu Ray LOTR and Hobbit boxsets announced (presumably this will be the long talked about 'Ultimate edition')

Post by halfwise Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:52 pm

So how long have you had the blu-ray? Did you not keep watching because it wasn't worth it?

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:27 pm

I'd watch the first and second movie then be asleep for the 3rd. Besides Th Ere are so many clips in HD on blu-ray that you can watch it in 10 minutes. Bad excuse I no but I've watched the movie to death on DVD. It's on sky now but I don't want to spoil it for my 4k experience. Just in case I do get it. 😉

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:49 pm

I have no idea what this guy is talking about. I thought nuts was something you got in your hair. It sounds positive .

Seen a few negative reviews as well, so it's probably up to the individual I suppose. There's one negative review where  the guy must have watched it in super slowmo to pick up every flaw.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:14 pm

Looks to me like people with way too much time on their hands.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:46 am

Bought the 4k over a month ago. Still haven't watched it.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:11 am

Have watched LotRs in 4k and the picture quality was very good.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:19 pm

{{ I hear that despite its Ultimate claim it is in fact missing quite a lot. All the previous special edition behind the scenes documentaries, and the entire Hobbit editions, theatrical and extended 3d versions. So not really Ultimate at all- what I wonder do they call the next edition? }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:58 pm

How can they miss the special edition appendices? That's what made the special edition a landmark production.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:23 pm

{{ Replaced as far as I can tell by fan expo style panel stuff and web cam interviews from duing lockdown with various cast getting together- all of which you can probably find on youtube }}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:28 pm

What a waste.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:11 pm

{{ My first thought was maybe the cost of upscaling them all to 4k was prohibitive, but then if they have replaced them with web based material they wont be in 4k either so I dont really now whats going on with leaving them out a supposed 'Ultimate' collection. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:48 pm

The appendices basically doubled the value of the videos in every possible way.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:35 am

$500 to buy here in Australia. Got LotRs in 4k already. $50 will get The Hobbit 4k. That will do me. The extras and 3D version's I have on other discs. Would like the ring though. Don't think he mentioned it on the video.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:42 am

{{ Just as well you already have the 3D version Chris, fas I can tell they arent in the 'Ultimate' edition either. Its just the theatrical cuts and the extended vesions of each film. So you'd need to shell out on top of your 500 for the 3D ones anyway.}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:52 am

Good job I still have a 3D TV. Keep meaning to watch The Hobbit 3d again. The first film anyway.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:27 pm

$499 last week for the box set. This week 30% off only $350. Still not getting it. The Hobbit trilogy only $45 on 4k. I'll have some of that me thinks.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:19 pm

I don't see any value in high resolution unless you have a ginormous screen. Something that fills half the wall. Otherwise you can't tell the difference. Just a way to make money off most people who haven't thought it through.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:26 am

I got a 65 inch Samsung my next will be 80 or 90 inch. Just waiting for this one to die 😁

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:30 am

{{ Shocked Im not sure my walls that big Mad }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:04 pm

That's probably big enough to see the difference!

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3