Treebeard cowrie shell

3 posters

Go down

Treebeard cowrie shell Empty Treebeard cowrie shell

Post by shire_folk Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:08 am

Hi,

I have been watching the LOTR appendices & special features and in the Two Towers there is mention of a cowrie shell in treebeard’s beard. I couldn’t see it though and a google search did not reveal any shells or other relics in his beard. Anyone see it? Is there a screenshot or time stamp?

I can see what could perhaps be a cowrie shell in his eyebrow but it looks more like fungus to me. Suspect

What a Face

shire_folk

Back to top Go down

Treebeard cowrie shell Empty Re: Treebeard cowrie shell

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:44 am

{{ Hi Shire_folk. Its been a long time since I watched the special features. If one is there it'd be so small it'd be very hard to spot. Its an odd detail to have added if so given Treebeard has no real association with the sea, even given the wider area ents covered in the Elder days.
It wouldnt suprise me however, the films are full of similar minute details and items in sets and costumes, pity they didnt put as much work into the script or realising the books characters. }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Treebeard cowrie shell Empty Re: Treebeard cowrie shell

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:38 am

Just can't resist having a go!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum