Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
halfwise
Forest Shepherd
azriel
14 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Just...................whatever - Page 11 Empty Re: Just...................whatever

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:20 pm

{{{ Shocked }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Just...................whatever - Page 11 Empty Re: Just...................whatever

Post by azriel Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:48 pm

F**kaduckadoo ! that is amazing ! how fantastic is that ! It must feel great to be able to fly like that. Good job those suits are in very good condition so the man inside doesnt burn !

Just...................whatever - Page 11 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Just...................whatever - Page 11 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:11 pm

I'm surprised the arms can hold out for so long. Just holding yourself up between parallel bars is a strain.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:45 pm

That is the nearest to actually flying, it is so cool. Razz imagine the joy and exhilaration, I would love to try it.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:46 am

https://twitter.com/OCConchords/status/1309688140718768134

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:48 am

That might work there. I'm still concerned about the arms.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:59 pm

Hello Blue Very Happy

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:25 pm

Venice for the first time successfully deployed its sea barrier to block a tidal surge from flooding the city.  It only took 35 years....

https://www.businessinsider.com/venice-mose-barrier-network-stops-flood-for-first-time-2020-10

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:59 pm

yep and it worked fine, no wellies needed. Razz
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:03 am

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/toast-teacher-drops-off-zoom-145552427.html

Don't know if this will work for everyone.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:28 pm

Just...................whatever - Page 11 A_pere10

Peregrine falcon with his eye on the prey.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:06 pm

They are the fastest animals on earth. Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:29 am

Mrs Figg wrote:They are the fastest animals on earth. Very Happy

You've obviously never seen a Scottish person realise last order in England actually means last orders!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:30 pm

Lancebloke wrote:
Mrs Figg wrote:They are the fastest animals on earth. Very Happy

You've obviously never seen a Scottish person realise last order in England actually means last orders!

Laughing
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:18 pm

I am going through a very weird phase, I feel in desperate need of comfort, I feel really lonely and isolated from the world. I found myself wondering what is the most quick and painless ways of topping myself, and I have never thought about such things before in my entire life. It only lasted for a few minutes and I would never do such a thing, but it is a worrying sign that I am at a low ebb. Then my crabbit took over and I gave myself a good talking to, and I realised that things will get better sooner or later, but I am left with that nagging sense of loss and disorientation. Its shit. No
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:41 pm

Sorry to hear that Figgs No Sad

I don't think I'm the right person to offer any advice, but certainly can understand how you felt/feel and very much hope its a temporary blip, I've lived with severe depression/anxiety on and off for most of my life, and certainly vouch for how much it sucks to be in such a low mood Sad and how much more it sucks to experience such things on a more frequent basis.

Just knowing all you guys/gals are here to talk to/listen to/offer advice at times has certainly been a great support over the years, and I'm sure everyone here will be here for you too Figgs if you need to chat or want some help/advice.

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:47 pm

Thanks Malick, I appreciate your kind words. You guys are always a great comfort, its great to know I have somewhere where I can talk openly. It is good to know that we are not alone, it puts things into perspective. Very Happy  It was just a weird blip and its probably not unusual under the circumstances after months of anxiety. Its probably like a kettle coming to the boil and then cooling down.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:12 am

{{ I fully understand where your coming from Figg, Ive had one or two very dark moments since all this began,and before infact, but the added weirdnes, isolation andpresures hasnt helped, nor has being single again the passed year throughout it been well timed, and losing my income was not a high light either. Just me and the cats during lockdown and pretty much since. But this place always helps me, even its just to raise a smie for a moment at a stupid joke, or to feel warmth and friendship to a person Ive never actualy met. So I dont have anything magic to say to make it all feel better, sadly, I dont have any words of wisdom to make sense of it all either, as I doubt it does make sense. But I do know theres folk here care and are thinking of you and willing you on and to renewed strength. Always hear to listen whenever you need Figg. }}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:59 am

Yeah that happens sometimes. Not to worry Figgs.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:48 am

The cliché "Its ok to not be ok" is one for our current situation. We are a social species and for the most part having limited contact with others is tough (unless you don't like people at all!)

All I can say is dont be your own limiting factor. There is enough limiting us all as it is without doing it to ourselves.

I dont know what everyone's situation is like, but making the time to be in contact with others whether that is family and friends or if those are in limited supply then look for a hobby that can give you some social contact, albeit all online (learn a language, join an online group around something you enjoy etc).

Doing things by video instead of just audio really helps too!

And at the end of all that, this place is always welcoming (unless you are talking about politics, horse colour or grass :p).

I am always at the end of a DM if anyone wants to use that.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:19 pm

Thanks you guys, I hate being so selfish and self absorbed because there are folk who are 100x worse off than me as regards everything that is going on, and I have berated my lack of gratitude and stupidity. It was a moment of weakness and it passed. But with 2020 just as I get on an even keel something else will happen to shake everything up for the worst and drag me down.
I do appreciate your kind words though very much.
I am still worrying about Dave, I hope he is ok.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:39 pm

Your not selfish, in fact your doing the one thing other people would wish their loved ones had done before matters got worse. You've opened yer gob & that is always a good thing to do ! Ive never known a year like it & I feel like Im living in a mad dystopian Salvador Dali painting that just repeats & repeats. None of this is 'our' fault yet we've all got to find ways to get thru it ?  yeah right, easy for some, a fecking nightmare for others.  My friend suggested now is the time to do the things you put off, all those "IL do it later" things. Well Ive cleaned all the skirting boards in my flat, Ive discovered & recognised various butterflies & beetles, Ive organised all my dvds by genre ( & alphabetically in genre too ) To stop my poor little brain over cooking at night, ( for night seems to be the witching hour of brain cells ) I watch "is my house haunted" programme's on tv just before bed, or, A&E blood all over the floor progs. I would now like to prank the neighbours when it gets dark but, its getting cold & the buggers have security lights that emblazon you in enough light to illuminate Wembly. Thoughts in your head is like a little Demon that needs feeding, you need to choose what 'foods' you need to feed yourself.

Just...................whatever - Page 11 Big-hug

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:22 pm

yep thanks Az. I always find listening to Peter Kay on Youtube always makes me laugh for a bit. It is the small things that count.

I love you
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:35 pm

Reading the guardian I saw some iconic bookshops have being asking for online custom because they are struggling so I bought a book from Shakespeare and Company in Paris and am currently looking to buy something from The Strand Bookstore in New York. These guys in Paris have been open since the 1900s. I hate to see bookshops in trouble.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:52 am

{{ This is a really good look at Scots as a language/dialect, very informative.
These days Scots and regional dialects in general in the UK are much more acceptable and celebrated even, but when I was a kid if I said something like "A'm goan' roon' ma mates hoose for a bit," it'd fetch me a clipped ear from my Dad and a stern correction to say instead "I'm going round my friends house for a while," as back then using Scots was seen as detrimental to being taken seriously and for future employment prospects. I'm glad things have changed. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum