azriel
Mrs Figg
halfwise
9 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Wonders of Biology - Page 4 Empty Re: Wonders of Biology

Post by halfwise Fri May 27, 2022 1:38 pm

Yeah, you are doing a sort of intermittent fasting. Though to go into ketosis and burn fat like gangbusters you are supposed to keep calories below 50 for at least 16 hours, which would mean ditching the yoghurt. Right now I'm kinda doing the same that you are, but after any type of food or drink orgy I will switch to either full fasting or intermittent fasting for a few days.

So that's two of us. The youngsters probably haven't built up enough biological baggage to see much benefit, but for anyone who wants to try, for me the low calorie vegetable soup is key to not giving in to hunger pangs. Then you can still be somewhat decadent for dinner...just don't increase how much you would normally eat for one meal. Or go full blown fasting with no dinner, but then you'll need the electrolytes and yeast.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri May 27, 2022 4:10 pm

I think another essential part is the quality of the one big meal you have a day. Its no good if the one meal is fast food or a high fat content. I reckon we need veggies and one portion of protein, or if it is vegan some plant based protein. It needs to be packed with nutrients whatever it is. I take a multi-vitamin/mineral and an Omega 3 pill as well just to be sure I am not missing anything. But there is so much stuff you can buy. I once had a fad for eating nuts and sesame seeds and gave myself an appendicitis. The important bit is not to exaggerate with the rabbit food and monkey nuts.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri May 27, 2022 4:31 pm

Nod

If anyone is wondering why one big meal instead of 3 smaller meals, it's because dinner is social party time! Also if you want to hit ketosis then you need a long stretch of near zero calories, but I think that's just an occasional thing to be used if you feel the need for extra rejuvenation. It reduces inflammation and the cells repair themselves better under ketosis. Not really sure why.

My new problem is now I don't go through leftovers fast enough.  My old make-a-pot-eat-for-a-week routine is now switched to two weeks, and food begins to spoil.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Fri May 27, 2022 6:23 pm

Two weeks is a bit much. Keep this up, and you might end up with your own Fridge Thing... You could devide the food i portions and freeze. Then heat one portion at the time.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue May 31, 2022 4:00 am

yeah, freezing seems like the way to go, but it doesn't work for salad type things.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Tue May 31, 2022 10:34 am

I had been taking some supplements but they should always be a supplement.

I focused on Vitamins B12, C and D alongside Omega 3 and Q10. I ran out of a few and then got out of the habit... need to place a new order for some stuff.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue May 31, 2022 1:32 pm

if trying to reach ketosis it's recommended to avoid gel caps due to calories, hence the nutritional yeast. But I think that goal is a rare one.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue May 31, 2022 1:54 pm

Talking of health kicks, I just bought a HEPA air filter for the house. A Philips 800. It cleans the air from dust, spores, mould, virus, bacteria, pollution from outdoors, cooking smells, animal mites etc. You turn it on and if the air is crap it goes red, purple for ok, and blue for good. The air in the room was purple No  probably because its an old house full of dust and pollen. I am going to get another one for the bedroom because I keep a million books lying around, all those old solvents, old paper and book dust is probably bad for your health no wonder I have sinus problems.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:47 pm

Have you seen a difference since installing it?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:49 pm

The world is about to change.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/male-birth-control-drug-effective-at-preventing-pregnancy-preclinical-study-finds-201239838.html

Though I don't think the researchers should patent it, they will deserve to rake in millions from industry for consulting fees once this thing takes off. In retrospect it's almost a slap your forehead obvious type of approach.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu May 18, 2023 2:57 am

If you want to have your mind blown, watch this.  I hope those outside the country can see it.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/video/your-brain-perception-deception/

Though I knew much of what we sense was constructed by the brain, I had no idea just how thoroughly what we perceive is a construct.  It goes a long ways towards answering the question of the nature of conciousness: it's just our brain taking extremely limited information and weaving into whole cloth what we think is out there based on past experience plus what little we have to go on.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4