Should Tom Bombadil make an appearance in an screen adaptation eventually?

+6
azriel
Forest Shepherd
Eldorion
Mrs Figg
halfwise
malickfan
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Should Tom Bombadil make an appearance in an  screen adaptation eventually? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Tom Bombadil make an appearance in an screen adaptation eventually?

Post by Elthir Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:29 pm

halfwise wrote:But if you want a real question, how did the elves know the names of Mr Baggins, Balin and Dwalin?  We don't hear of Gandalf talking to any elf messengers, or pre-announcements of a trip being made.

Never underestimate the Etyangoldi, or any Elves of Imladris.

"Also he would have liked to have a few private words with these people that seemed to know his name and all about him, although he had never seen them before ( . . . ) Elves know a lot and are wondrous folk for news, and know what is going on among the peoples of the land, as quick as water flows, or quicker."

Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Should Tom Bombadil make an appearance in an  screen adaptation eventually? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Tom Bombadil make an appearance in an screen adaptation eventually?

Post by halfwise Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:40 pm

Getting back to Bombadil, does anyone else associate his friendly rolly-polly character with that of Preem Palver, first speaker of the Second Foundation?

No-one? Uh, okay.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:40 am

Had to Google that one Halfy, still not sure ? Smile

Should Tom Bombadil make an appearance in an  screen adaptation eventually? - Page 3 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Should Tom Bombadil make an appearance in an  screen adaptation eventually? - Page 3 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:16 pm

halfwise wrote:But if you want a real question, how did the elves know the names of Mr Baggins, Balin and Dwalin?  We don't hear of Gandalf talking to any elf messengers, or pre-announcements of a trip being made.

Didn’t Gandalf go off ahead and come back? But not enough time, I guess.🤔 Maybe I’ve forgotten enough to read it again.

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:49 pm

Correct Orwell, Gandalf explained that he'd met two of Elrond's people hurrying along for fear of the trolls -- when the wizard went to "spy out our road" and so on, about provisions.

He noted what he'd been told and later revealed that he'd sent a message "by my friends" -- and said "we are expected" in Rivendell.

Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:34 pm

Apparently I need to reread the book too...

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3