halfwise
Pettytyrant101
Mrs Figg
16 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

All New Who - Page 17 Empty Re: All New Who

Post by halfwise Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:42 pm

The difference is that I have a choice. Not sure if Forrest does, actually...

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:56 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{{ Holy crap!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked That was fucking brilliant! The Cybermen are back- not knock off NUWho stopmpy stompy ones but scare the living shit out of you OS Cyberman.
Spoiler:
}}}

My thoughts on 'Of World And Time':

Spoiler:

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:26 pm

{
Spoiler:
}}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:22 pm

{{Was nosing through this series rate/review thread on Gallifrey Base and decided to compile the scores for this series out of curiousity.

The following is in order of best to worst as voted for on Gallifrey Base. The first number is the percentage of folk out of 100 who gave an episode an 8 or higher- so the top end of the scale. And second figure is the score most voted for per episode out of 10. Those with an asterix are Moffat penned epiosdes.

*World Enough and Time 92.35   10/10
Oxygen 78.15    9/10
*Extremis 71.25   9/10
*The Pilot 62.58   8/10
Thin Ice 58.7   8/10
Pyramid at the End of the World 56.08    8/10
Empress of Mars- 55.09  8/10
Knock Knock- 54.24   8/10
Eaters of Light- 45.46  8/10
Smile- 38.4  8/10
The Lie of the Land- 35.69   7/10

Good to see Maithson's episode up there in 2nd spot. I am going to be very disappointed if Chibnal does not include him in his Writers Room.
Also regardless of what folk say about Moffat his episodes are consistently in any series rated among the best. This year all three of his episodes are in the top 4 and he is the only 10/10 episode.

Also I have to say the list does very much reflect my own view of this series episodes- by mid series Extremis and Oxygen were contending for the only stand out episodes and that's reflected here- and Lie being the poorest episode this series I would also agree with- compounded by it being a conclusion to a trilogy that started so strongly. But overall I would agree with the placements here.
Interesting too that no episode has got below a 7/10 this series- as much as there were few standouts there were few clunkers too. And I'd agree with that overall as well.}}}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:13 pm

halfwise wrote:The difference is that I have a choice.  Not sure if Forrest does, actually...
Laughing

Yeah David, you can't really jump on the bandwagon if it takes a whole day to download just one wheel of it!

I also have little choice in the matter. The internet I have is good enough for streaming most days, but the cost of all that data is inhibitive.

By the by, is this season (series) of Doctor Who over already?

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:19 pm

{{1 more episode to go then the xmas day episode. After that Chibnal is the boss with a new team}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:20 pm

Wowzer! Figgs must be happy. 

How are you feeling about the changing of the guard these days Petty? Ambivalent? Put out? Pleased?

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:28 pm

{{Fine about change- its always changed its why it still on. Some concerns over changes to how the show is going to be made- following the US style writers room method rather than the traditional UK single writer approach to each episode. And lesser concern- Chibnal has written some solid Who but never an episode that really stood out head and shoulders above the pack. But thats a lesser concern beuase if the series is going to be done in a writers room then unlike previous showrunners Chibnal will not be penning any solo episodes. Also a big change.
I am very much of the wait and see mood right now- hoping it is good but my loyalty to Who has never been absolute- Ive stopped watching before when it was not my sort of Who. But its thanks to that cycle of change that if Chibnal Who is not my sort I need only wait until the show changes again into something I do like }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:06 pm

RE Capaldis regeneration, I have a madcap theory, as
Spoiler:
and Moffat has hinted they are doing something a little different with the regeneration, I'm wondering if the Xmas special
Spoiler:
or perhaps Moffat will ape Big Finish, and have the Xmas special take place during the 12th Doctor's regeneration.

The 5th Doctor audioplay Circular Time: Winter
Spoiler:
and I'm wondering if the rumored appearance of
Spoiler:
is doing something similar...

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:30 am

{{ My initial thought on seeing the
Spoiler:

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:25 am

{{ Bit of soundtrack- from Heaven Sent- ripped from the episode because we are till waiting- 2 years later and near the end of series 10 for the series 9 soundtrack to be released.
I dont understand BBC worldwide- they complain merch sales are down yet something fans have been crying out for for 2 years they still haven't released yet Mad
Hell just give us the soundtrack to Heaven Sent at least!! Mad Some of Golds best work. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:01 pm

{{Excellent fan made trailer for the finale- dont watch if you havent seen part 1 very spoilery for it }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:20 pm

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:31 pm

{{This from Rachel Talalay's blog- says all needs said on the subject I think-

'
“In real life, Moffat doesn’t work with women. He doesn’t hire women and he doesn’t collaborate with women professionally.“

I think that will come as a big surprised to Sue Vertue, Rachel Talalay, Sarah Dollard, Sheree Folkson, Rona Munro, Beryl Vertue, Nikki Wilson, Caroline Skinner, Hettie MacDonald, Catherine Tregenna, Rebecca Eaton, Denise Paul, Beth Willis, Catherine Morshead and many others. Hate Moffat all you want, but let’s not erase all the great work these women have done on Doctor Who and Sherlock as writers, directors and producers.

This makes me angry. I’m currently collaborating/working on my 8th episode with Steven Moffat – 7 Doctor Who’s and 1 Sherlock. I love working with him. (And, incidentally, I am a woman.)'- Rachel Talalay

{{ a quick glance over Talalay's history will quickly show she is no shrinking violet and has championed women in the industry all her life, particularly though not exclusively female directors. }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:52 pm

World enough and time. Awesome. Now THIS is the Moffat I've missed for all these years.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:17 pm

{{It was rather good. Nod

But not sure how many years you've been missing THIS Moffat though- for me he has a long list of quality episodes in recent years among which I would certainly rate as above the usual- Deep Breath, Listen, The Witches Familiar, Heaven Sent and Extremis }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:20 pm

{{ Moffat in the RT talking about Capaldi leaving- }}

'Steven Moffat has admitted that he wanted Peter Capaldi to stay on for the next series of Doctor Who – if only to avoid the trauma of watching him quit the show.....“I was hoping he would stay on," he told The Chris Evans Breakfast Show on BBC Radio 2. "There’s only so much emotional trauma you can bear. I have had three versions of my childhood hero hand in their resignation to me, and there is no specific therapy for that; it is really quite difficult. [It's like] Santa Claus quitting in front of you.”
Moffat said that when he and Capaldi both discussed their decision to leave it was characterised by “a curt exchange of nods and suppressed emotion”.
“We are Scottish and we do not discuss emotion,” he said.
Moffat said that he decided to leave the show partly because he was tired.
“It’s been a long time and it completely fills the sky when you are doing Doctor Who; there’s no time for anything else. It’s so dominant.”
He added, “I just thought, 'I’m just tired I want to try something else, I want to do other things.'”
He also added that he expected there would be more Sherlock, although he said that he and Mark Gatiss have not yet had time to discuss it properly.'- RT

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:10 pm

MASSIVE, MASSIVE Spoiler for the Christmas Special confirmed:

Spoiler:

This has been rumoured for months so I'm not surprised to see it come true...very curious as to how it will work though!

Previous rumours have suggested
Spoiler:

Not sure I agree with
Spoiler:
but
Spoiler:
and I'm sure Moffat won't go the standard route you'd expect in these sort of stories...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:19 pm

{{
Spoiler:
}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:22 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{
Spoiler:
}}}

I have a feeling it might be a bit of both, certainly an unusual format for a regeneration story...

Also read some rumours on GB that we might
Spoiler:
this saturday...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:31 pm

If I liked Clara, then I'd probably agree. This season I like.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:38 pm

{{Well that something I suppose! Very Happy

Malick-
Spoiler:
}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:54 am

{{{ Learned a new lesson today- if you are going to watch a Moffat finale in VR to get the big screen treatment, try not to cry inside the headset! Crying or Very sad

Spoiler:
}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:24 am

One day I'll catch up, and when that day comes... all those Spoiler tabs are going to be quaking in their boots as my hunting mouse cursor approaches!

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:11 am

I guess the last ep will have till we're back from vacation... Meh...

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum