Bluebottle
David H
halfwise
18 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

US General Election 2016 - Page 38 Empty Re: US General Election 2016

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:39 am

{{From what I can gather that's what it was supposed to be Halfy- just a photo-op before it got started- but Trump used it as an opportunity to undermine the Alliance publicly instead!
One commentator who was there for the whole summit described the other leaders as treating Trump like 'parents with a tantruming toddler' and that the real grown up discussions happened without him.}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:08 pm

{{{On the matter of the 2% commitment to NATO spending its worth noting the US only spends 3.5% of its GDP on all its military spending- its highly unlikely that a full 2% of that goes solely to NATO and only 1.5% to all US other military activity globally- especially considering the US actually has more troops deployed in the Far East than Europe. }}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:51 pm

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/12/stormy-daniels-arrested-in-columbus-ohio-while-performing-avenatti.html

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:16 pm

David H wrote:

Good! That's exactly how it's supposed to work in a democracy. Everybody votes how they think best, and everybody respects the other folks' right to do the same. Nod

Maybe ask anti-fa and see what they think about respecting other people's opinions.

https://twitter.com/reneejon/status/766851862876135424

https://www.attacksontrumpsupporters.com

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:41 pm

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/10/entertainment/green-day-song-trump-visit-trnd/index.html

Yeah! Way to go guys! That'll show him!

US General Election 2016 - Page 38 Giphy

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:59 pm

bungobaggins wrote:
David H wrote:

Good! That's exactly how it's supposed to work in a democracy. Everybody votes how they think best, and everybody respects the other folks' right to do the same. Nod

Maybe ask anti-fa and see what they think about respecting other people's opinions.

I gotta say, I honestly see both fascists and anti-fa as pretty much the same organization. Maybe fan club might be a better word.  

It's like the hairpulling contests we'd sometimes see between Team Edward and Team Jacob back when Twilight was big. Though they wouldn't admit it, their lives revolved so deeply around Twilight that they had far more in common with each other than with the other 99.999% of us who mostly didn't understand what all the emotion was about. Shrugging

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:04 pm

{{Yeah not sure who here is supposedly in favour of any extreme groups or ideologies (other than Bungo it seems! Very Happy  sorry Bungo but Trump is an extremist in my view only held in check by the balances in your Constitution) I have no liking for the Democrats or any nutty off shoot- by UK standards the Democrats are a right wing party. And I've no time for the pc brigade either or people who over use the word 'agenda'.
But none of that makes Trump look any better. Or make his policies sane or his actions credible. One extreme does not cancel out another in politics it just gives you arses at both ends.

'Yeah! Way to go guys! That'll show him!'- Bungo

I think you'll find songs, inflatable balloons and the like are just the tip of the hundreds of thousands of people protesting iceberg- doubt that will show him either but at least people can express their disgust at his policies and attitudes as is their right. }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:01 pm

{{{Trump v reality again!

'"Everyone has agreed to substantially up their commitment. They're going to up it at levels that they never thought of before," Trump- post NATO meeting

"There was a communiqué released yesterday it was very detailed and I invite you to read it ... It shows the measures approved by all the member states. This communiqué is clear, it reaffirms a commitment to 2% in 2024. That is all,"- Macron

So they agreed to stick the plan they agreed to under Obama- odd Trump never said that!!! Smile  }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:40 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{Yeah not sure who here is supposedly in favour of any extreme groups or ideologies (other than Bungo it seems! Very Happy 

If you're going to make this personal then I'm just going to have to tell you to go fuck yourself. You dickhead. Go to hell.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:45 pm

{{I would have hoped the Very Happy  next to the statement would have indicated its tongue in cheek nature Bungo. That's the trouble with extremists- no sense of humour!! Mad  Smile }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:47 pm

Shut the fuck up. I'm done with this fucking place. This forum can fucking die for all I care. So fucking sick of you Petty.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:55 pm

{{ You do seem to be striving very hard here to avoid seeing the obvious joke Bungo- I think you might be taking being a Trump supporter, and politics in general, far more seriously than it deserves, and way, way  more personally than anything deserves. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:07 pm

bungobaggins wrote:
Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{Yeah not sure who here is supposedly in favour of any extreme groups or ideologies (other than Bungo it seems! Very Happy 

If you're going to make this personal then I'm just going to have to tell you to go fuck yourself. You dickhead. Go to hell.

Unless you're joking, it doesn't sound like you're having much fun anymore Bungo. For me the fun here has always been having a group of friends all around the world with a lot of different ages, backgrounds, viewpoints and types of humor.  
{{It would be fair to point out for example that Scotshobbits ARE an extreme group in so many MANY ways. Shocked affraid drunken }}

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:41 pm

the fun here has always been having a group of friends all around the world with a lot of different ages, backgrounds, viewpoints and types of humor.  - Dave

{{Indeed and well said.

In other hard to believe its real but it is, and bloody funny too, news, one of Scotlands most popular canned beers, Tennants, is running this as their ad campaign for their new fit in your pocket so no one knows your an alky 330ml cans to coincide with the Trump visit- }}

US General Election 2016 - Page 38 36861939_2318245441523787_5414547995985182720_n

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:56 pm

{{Trump just totally screwed over May!
Just as the government finally got their White paper on Brexit out, and May was talking up future trade deals with countries like the US and how it delivered what the people had voted for in all major areas, Trump gave an interview to the Sun and said this-

"Trump told the Sun the PM's plan would "probably kill the deal" as it would mean the US "would be dealing with the European Union" instead of with the UK....The president told The Sun newspaper that the UK's blueprint for its post-Brexit relations with the EU was "a much different deal than the people voted on"...He said he had told Mrs May how to do a Brexit deal, but: "She didn't agree, she didn't listen to me."...."I told her how to do it. That will be up to her to say. But I told her how to do it. She wanted to go a different route," he said."

and to top it off he backed her most likely opponent-

"Mr Trump also said he hoped the former foreign secretary Boris Johnson would rejoin the government, saying he was a "great representative for the UK"."

So on a State visit to what was America's closest historic ally since WW2 Trump publicly undermined the Prime Minister, his host, and trashed her main policy, which whatever your opinion of had taken months of negotiations to get to, and backed her main opponent. Yeah, diplomatic.....getting surer and surer trump is working for Putin and his mission here is first to trash NATO and drive wedges between its members (already accomplished), then destabilise the UK govenrment right before Brexit happens (also now accomplished).}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:43 am

David H wrote:
bungobaggins wrote:

Unless you're joking, it doesn't sound like you're having much fun anymore Bungo. For me the fun here has always been having a group of friends all around the world with a lot of different ages, backgrounds, viewpoints and types of humor.  

Did I stutter? This is not a joke. And yeah, I'm not having fun anymore. Petty says don't take it personally, but after 2015/2016 how could I not? Being labeled a Nazi, racist, sexist, bigot, xenophobe by the other side, and then being told here that I'm an extremist? Yeah, fuck that and fuck you and fuck this place. Group of friends? Maybe at one point in the past, but not anymore.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:49 am

{{{ Bungo I did not call you an extremist- I called trump an extremist only held in check by the constitution, my reference to you was clearly indicated as tongue in cheek- the second time so obviously a joke it should need no explaining. Its just a discussion on a forum you know, we disagree and see things differently, yet life goes on.

I dont know where to start on his Sun interview!!! Shocked

'BRITAIN is “losing its culture” because of immigration, Donald Trump says.'...“So I think allowing millions and millions of people to come into Europe is very, very sad. I think you are losing your culture. Look around. You go through certain areas that didn’t exist ten or 15 years ago.”

'DONALD Trump today claims Mayor of London Sadiq Khan is responsible for the terror attacks on the British capital....The Labour heavyweight has “done a very bad job on terrorism” by allowing so many migrants to come to the city, the President controversially argues.'   (Just for the record the Mayor has nothing to do with immigration numbers)

'DONALD Trump praised Boris Johnson as a future Prime Minister.'...He said: “I have a lot of respect for Boris. He obviously likes me, and says very good things about me.'

He also claims 'millions of Brits love me'-  “You know, a poll just came out that I am the most popular person in the history of the Republican Party. Beating Lincoln. I beat our Honest Abe.
“But the people of the UK,  and I’ll bet if you had an honest poll,  I’d be very strong. They want the same thing I want. I love the UK.”

Well stoking racism with rife anti-immigrant sentiment, facts wrong as usual and utterly undermining the government he is visiting. Nice diplomatic job! }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:54 am

You said I was in favor of extremist groups and views. That equates me with extremists. It was a pretty bad joke, if it was a joke as you say, though I really don't believe anything that comes out of your keyboard.

But you know what the really freeing thing about all of this is? I can honestly say that I don't give a shit about what you think anymore.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:18 am

{{I can honestly say that I don't give a shit about what you think anymore.- Bungo

I never thought you gave a shit in the first place! Shocked You were never supposed to you know- its just my views and what I think on events, same as yours are yours, you're not supposed to care about someone's view on a forum, consider its merits sure, argue for against it sure, but not care about it- save caring about things for the actually important stuff and people in your life Bungo, not for scribblings on the wall. }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:58 am

{{The fall out from Trumps remarks continue- he is meeting with May at Chequers today- given he just shat her career down the toilet that should be interesting!
The White House are scrambling to say that Trump likes May and never said a bad thing about her!- just utterly undermined her authority in public whilst she was acting as his host!
Hes coming here later- well not my barrel! but Scotland}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:11 pm

Sounds like you may find a different set of fields to use rather than Farmer Dave's. But you've never been a supporter of Theresa May, so why all the outrage about how Trump treats her?

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:21 pm

{{I dont like May, never have, or Tories for that matter, but regardless of which side of the political divide you are on having the President of the US (or any other countries leader) so directly interfere in domestic politics, whilst here as a guest is something I feel should be opposed on all sides.
I also found his rhetoric about immigration, his lies about the Mayor of London and blaming him for terrorist attacks that have occurred in London to be disgusting- and as another MP quite rightly tweeted on the matter- 'I will call it like it is. The real reason Trump blames my friend Sadiq Khan for the terror attacks last year is simple. He hates that London chose a Muslim mayor. The President is racist.'

There is also a huge whiff of hypocrisy here from the Tory side, as when Obama was asked about trade pro-Brexit he said the Uk would have to go the back of the queue and the Tories howled derision on him for interfering in our domestic politics- now the same Tories, your Jacob-Rees Mogg and your like are praising Trump, and Mogg and his team of Edwardian fops are way worse than May, way more right wing and way more for cutting all ties with Europe and very much possessed by 'little-englander' mentality and dreams of Empire.

Lastly I question the reasoning behind why a US President would seek to destabilise an allied government}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:02 pm

I don't think he's seeking to destabilize, I think he just feels his opinions are correct and he wants everyone to know about folks who agree or disagree with him. Because in his mind people who agree with him are good/smart people and people who disagree with him are bad/stupid people.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:05 pm

{{I dont know Halfy- he has come to Europe, attacked Merkel and Germany, driven divisive wedges based on race  and the pipeline between members states of both the EU and NATO, undermined and destabilised an already precarious UK government and undermined the Mayor of London by stoking racial tensions- and is likely now to go off to Russia and cosy up all pals with Putin.

Excuse me if I find his actions difficult to equate with those of an ally. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:17 pm

Trump doesn't have allies.  He has minions and he has enemies.

( And since dictators can't be minions, if they are not enemies they must be his only friends)

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next