azriel
Orwell
halfwise
Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Empty Re: The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery

Post by Norc Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:01 pm

Lancebloke wrote:Don't think I have ever seen Norclets interpretation of me!
Wink well you're not in many stories, so i don't have much to go on (or i haven't read all the stories here).
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Empty Re: The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery

Post by Norc Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:07 pm

omg i went through this thread, i really wanna do u guys again (pun intended). I'm thinking, after the exam, to try and do some chapters or a short story about the needlehole gang, but starting a bit from scratch, but with continous illustrations Smile maybe it is the procrastinator in me talking, but i think if i can get hold of a scanner, that would be a nice summer-project.

for people new to the forum i recommend 
the needlehole mysteries (this is a masterpost, with everything)

i am going through these as i miss it, but i recall how much fun me and Amamrië had writing work a hobbit
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:23 pm

Razz just looked at https://www.instagram.com/artbytrekanttelt/

Is that led off by a jowly DI Eldo 40 years in the future?

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:20 pm

hahahhaha could be, but it is supposed to be a caricatur of Andy Warhol x)
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:35 pm

I like the Coal skuttle stories Smile &, I thoroughly enjoy your artwork when its shown on here Very Happy !!

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:40 pm

Norc wrote:omg i went through this thread, i really wanna do u guys again (pun intended). I'm thinking, after the exam, to try and do some chapters or a short story about the needlehole gang, but starting a bit from scratch, but with continous illustrations Smile maybe it is the procrastinator in me talking, but i think if i can get hold of a scanner, that would be a nice summer-project.

for people new to the forum i recommend 
the needlehole mysteries (this is a masterpost, with everything)

i am going through these as i miss it, but i recall how much fun me and Amamrië had writing work a hobbit

Awesome times! I love you I love you I love you I love you

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:04 pm

Re-reading my posted fanfic is almost as embarrassing as re-reading my notes for more recent stories that never got off the ground. Embarassed Razz

In all seriousness though, it really meant a lot to get so much encouragement and support from you guys! Smile I think How Eldo Got His Groove Back has aged the best in my mind but that might just be because it's more similar to the kinds of stories that I'd like to be able to write more of.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by The Archet Bugle Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:47 pm

So much creativity! So much talent! But, I must warn you, art and literature can make you late for dinner.... and who will work in the factories holding up the world of industrial lliving if too many people sit around indulging their imaginations and trying to make the universe thoughtful and joyous... where has pragmatism gone... probably the same place as the flat earth went and the Big Man on his Heavenly Throne in the Sky.... just saying...

The Editor
The Archet Bugle
The Archet Bugle
Forumshire's Most Respectable Journal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:17 pm

Resurrecting this thread for the purposes of RIAT photos as didnt think was worth its own one.

Before I start with pics, the weather was shit! Few cancellations of things I wanted to see as too dangerous to fly and the ones that did fly... grey background with mostly grey planes makes it very hard to focus the camera and get good photos. I got what I could given the circumstances!

Also, I am not going to do a whole story like I have done previously... too much to undertake given I have holiday photos to get on here as well as life after being back from holiday being hectic! I will pick out a few key bits though.

So first, a spot of the static park.

F-22 Raptor - Didn't fly.

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Img_9318

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Img_9312

USAF Thunderbirds... well 4 of them.

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Img_9310

Close up of a USAF C-17

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Img_9311

U-2 spy plane. Looks like the one Gary Powers was shot down in with all the damage!

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Img_9313

B-1B heavy bomber

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Img_9314

Ukranian SU-27 Flanker - first time one of these has been here since 1999

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Img_9317

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Img_9316

F-18

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Img_9315

F-16

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Img_9416

Canadian C-17 (think they call it a CC-117)

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Img_9410

One of the various rows of fighters (though tiny compared to the shows of the 1990s)

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Img_9411

F-15

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Img_9412

B-52 Stratofortress heavy bomber

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Img_9413

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Img_9415

Longest trip made by the Australian Wedgetail

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Img_9414

And now for the skies....

Opened promisingly with this SaaB Grippen.

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Img_9427

Then not so good when this Finnish display team, the Midnight Hawks, took off and were immediately grounded! Not seen them so it sucked!

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Img_9428

A bit of a delay before this awesomely painted Italian Tornado took off. Low level display but lots of afterburners and contrails off the wings.

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Img_9425

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Img_9423

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Img_9424

Followed by lots of cancellations... probably a good 90 mins of no flying which sucked!!! Props next though to the Royal Jordanian Falcons. They turn up every year and I don't bother because they are a bit boring, but after 90 mins they did all they could to get some safe flying in for the crowd. So an emoticon for them   cheers

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Img_9426

RAF Chinook display needed far less room that the low cloud was giving so that was up next. Always fun to watch them throw it about.

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Img_9513

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Img_9512

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Img_9516

Cloud base started to lift allowing this pair. Can't remember who or what these are, but they did a role demonstration which included some pretend bombs

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Img_9514

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Img_9515

Cloud had lifted enough for the Red Arrows to get up and do their low level display. They have made it much more dynamic so I don't mind seeing this these days. Nothing like the full display though!!

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Img_9517

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Img_9518

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Img_9519

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Img_9522

And moving to the V-22 Osprey (this this was an airforce CV-22 if you want to know). Shown you this before but always one to watch if you haven't seen it before (look at the rotors if you don't know why).

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Img_9521

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Img_9520

Slightly out of the show order, but wanted to put this next. Again, another I have shown before but this moves like nothing you have ever seen from a plane that big! Also, not sure if you can make it out but the contrails off of the propellers looked awesome (magnify it if you can).

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Img_9610

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Img_9611

I moved that up so I could do a WW2 section. First, the British contribution from the Battle of Britain Memorial flight. For this show, sporting 4 fighters rather than usual 2 alongside the newly refurbished Lancaster.

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Img_9526

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Img_9612

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Img_9524

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Img_9525

And then the American contribution in the form of a B-27 (called Sally-B but you will have also seen her if you watched the film Memphis Belle). Don't worry, she isn't broken... that was the signal used when returning from a raid.

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Img_9613

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Img_9614

And a P-51 Mustang

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Img_9615

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Img_9616

USAF 70th Anniversary flypast. These all flew in from bases around Europe just for a couple of passes.

Tanker with the fuel line out.

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Img_9620

F-15s

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Img_9617

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Img_9619

F-16s

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Img_9618

And finally the USAF display team (using F-16s) the Thunderbirds. Nowhere near as dynamic as the Red Arrows, but this was a low display and the aircraft are much higher performance. I would love to see the full shebang!

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Img_9710

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Img_9711

Coming towards the end now. The F-22 was supposed to have gone up but a low band of cloud came in so we had to wait. Some boring stuff also flew around a bit before the new French display team came up.

This is Couteau Delta (former Ramex Delta) flying the Mirages. Lots of speed and power, plus good paint job!

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Img_9712

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Img_9713

The French Rafale also flew and had a good paint job but my pictures were horrible!

So my last pictures were of the old beast, the Ukranian Su-27 Flanker. She is big and heavy and looked it in the sky. Big, awkward turns followed by lots of power! Typical Russian designs of the 1980's and 1990's.

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Img_9716

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Img_9714

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 Img_9715

And that's it!

RIAT 2017
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:28 pm

{{{ You do yourself a disservice Lance- some of the pictures you captured of them in flight are superb- nice job. Thumbs Up
And I love the little snippets of info or tech you provide- most of my knowledge of fighter craft comes from old war films and late 80's early 90's flight sims! So great to get these little bits of info- also good to see the Su-27- they were a common foe in flight sims for many a year Very Happy }}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:15 am

I have no education when it comes to aircraft only that I know how fantastic they are. Gives me excited goose bumps & tummy tingles every time ! I love your pics Lance & as Petty said, I also liked the bit of info too. Shame the weather has to spoil things. Eastbourne has its "Airbourne" in a couple of weeks. Airplanes belting along the seafront, roaring out from over the Downs. Its usually packed out with 1000's of people. The best place for me to enjoy the displays is on The Downs its self, but then you miss getting up close with the planes on the ground. There's a good few airmen & pilots quite happy to spend their time talking to you & happily answer questions, & they are good with the kids that all want to be a "Red Arrow" when they grow up Smile I'm hoping the weather wont be crappy on that day also as I look forward to seeing, & hearing, the Bombers etc Smile

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:34 pm

Thumbs Up nice job Lance
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:59 am

This thread has been dead for a while!

So I took part in a photo 'Marathon' competition with a local photography group. 6 subjects revealed on the morning plus 5 hours to get the photo. All must be out of the camera, no editing allowed unless the camera allows it.

Out of 6 categories and about 16 entries per category, I got 2 highly commended, 1 runner up and 1 winner!

I have included the 2 of my doggies. The first was the subject of 'Reflection'.

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 2020-011

The second was 'From a Low Angle'

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery - Page 3 2020-010

This challenge is tougher than you think! Cant plan around weather or a day out somewhere specific. Was quite fun.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:26 pm

Brilliant pics Lance !! that one of your dog jumping over is fantastic. Well done on getting the awards !! Thumbs Up

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:32 pm

Wow, were you crouching in water? How'd you get him to jump over instead of in? Most dogs just jump in with you.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:25 pm

cool I like creative competitions like that, they are great fun, specially if you win. Razz
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:03 am

halfwise wrote:Wow, were you crouching in water?  How'd you get him to jump over instead of in?  Most dogs just jump in with you.

Let's just say I got quite wet!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:06 pm

{{ Congratualtions Lance, and very well deserved. Excellent pictures. great job Thumbs Up (also this is why you should wear a kilt, easily to avoid a soaking just hoist it up and a lad keeeps nothing under there that couldnt do with a refreshing wash now again anyway Nod }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:20 pm

No

Nice action shot!

I took another look through the airshow pictures too, very cool.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3