chris63
Eldorion
17 posters

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

US General Election 2016 - Page 34 Empty Re: US General Election 2016

Post by David H Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:10 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:
Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{Well done Obama in abstaining from the UN vote on Israeli settlements allowing it to otherwise pass unopposed. Its about time the US stopped shielding illegal Israeli activity. You cant have a two state solution if one side has already stolen all the land the other side are supposed to live on! }}}

Nod agreed.

agreement vetoed. Twisted Evil

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:32 pm

{{{ Mad Bloody Yanks! You cant do that! - its the only thing Figg and I have agreed on in 2016! }}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:23 am

David H wrote:I've never been really comfortable with any nation having unconditional veto power. It makes everybody feel like they're playing in a rigged game, especially if it's going to be used to override a unanimous vote, as in this case.  
We should get a team of gamers to come into the UN and update the rules. Then maybe we could finally have World Peace! flower

I mean, it is a rigged game, because the great powers wouldn't have agreed to play otherwise, but it's also a pretty pointless game because even small countries can and do ignore UN resolutions when they feel like it.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:24 am

Petty wrote:{{{ Mad Bloody Yanks! You cant do that! - its the only thing Figg and I have agreed on in 2016! }}}

{{{Exactly why they gave us Yanks the veto over you all - to protect you from such ill conceived agreements. If you and Figg were to start agreeing on things, who knows where it might lead! Before you know it you might be cooperating! pale Mad
You're lucky I was here to save you! Nod  }}}

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:35 am

Eldorion wrote:
David H wrote:I've never been really comfortable with any nation having unconditional veto power. It makes everybody feel like they're playing in a rigged game, especially if it's going to be used to override a unanimous vote, as in this case.  
We should get a team of gamers to come into the UN and update the rules. Then maybe we could finally have World Peace! flower

I mean, it is a rigged game, because the great powers wouldn't have agreed to play otherwise, but it's also a pretty pointless game because even small countries can and do ignore UN resolutions when they feel like it.

My point (if I were to have one) was that the field of game theory has studied these exact issues and if some of those principles were applied to rule changes within the UN, it could be a much more effective tool in resolving disputes for exactly the reasons you give.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:15 pm

David H wrote:
Petty wrote:{{{ Mad Bloody Yanks! You cant do that! - its the only thing Figg and I have agreed on in 2016! }}}

{{{Exactly why they gave us Yanks the veto over you all - to protect you from such ill conceived agreements. If you and Figg were to start agreeing on things, who knows where it might lead! Before you know it you might be cooperating! pale Mad
You're lucky I was here to save you! Nod  }}}

Evil or Very Mad normal service will soon be resumed. Sherlock is arriving. silent
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:19 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{{ Mad  Bloody Yanks! You cant do that! - its the only thing Figg and I have agreed on in 2016! }}}

Don't get here as much as I once did, due to much other things going in my life: but now I feel bad I wasn't here to nip it in the bud! Sorry guys. But look here you two, just because you agreed once doesn't mean it can happen again... can it... no... surely not... Brexit, Trump, and now this... nah... can't happen again... ....

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:34 pm

{{As, judging on recent events, US citizens seem to have lost the ability to tell the difference between what should be reality, and what is reality television, maybe this reminder from a fictional US icon, from the 1950's (when I assume America was GREAT!) will get through better than areal person might- worth a shot! }}}

US General Election 2016 - Page 34 12247805_961819833882695_1283316562350137241_o_zps5hq4bnkz

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:08 pm

Yes,  it is un-American...

Though I hope you are all willing to recognize hate and evil from all sides.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/01/05/cnns-don-lemon-on-chicago-torture-video-i-dont-think-it-was-evil/

http://ntknetwork.com/white-house-too-early-to-tell-if-chicago-beating-was-a-hate-crime/

15 days til Trump. Can't come soon enough.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:36 pm

{EDIT: I wrote something after reading the second post, not the first. You have to read the first.  Yeah, it's a hate crime.  Can't see how Trump coming to office will make things better though.  Shrugging }

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:25 am

Hate Crime is a legal term, like the distinction between murder 1, murder 2, manslaughter etc. The commentators would be well advised to leave it to the courts to decide what is or isn't a hate crime. That's what courts are for. Till then, I think we can all agree this was horrible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:06 am

I detect some sense of validation and aggression with you still, Bungo. Just because many don't respect Trump here, doesn't mean you, yourself, are not respected. Just because Trump was elected doesn't mean anyone has to go over to the Dark Side and say: "We were wrong about you. We love you now, Donald." No amount of you posting love mail here will make the Trump detesters here start to love him. This doesn't mean others can't love him. This is Forumshire. We agree to disagree on some things in the end, and move on. Lighten up, lad! Very Happy

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:28 pm

Hey Bungo, I may have a strong aversion to the Donald, but got no problem with Ivanka, and you're at least as cute! Twisted Evil

Besides, you're the only other one who can tell the difference between Palestrina and Landini, so I've got your back.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:05 pm

halfwise wrote:
Besides, you're the only other one who can tell the difference between Palestrina and Landini, so I've got your back.

I'm afraid all pasta tastes the same to me.... Shrugging Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:25 pm

Very Happy

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:40 pm

Though I hope you are all willing to recognize hate and evil from all sides. - Bungo

{{Shit still smells like shit no matter which direction the wind blowing it is from! }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:31 am

Didn't watch the Chicago torture video 'cause I don't think I have it in me right now, but just reading the description it sounds appalling and horrific. They did file hate crime charges against the accused which seem warranted to me, from my layman's perspective.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:36 am

{{Bugger if anyone knows if its true or not, but like David Cameron allegedly sticking his dick in a dead pigs mouth, its definitely funny!}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:49 pm

Haven't even read this yet, but they had me at the title:

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/01/12/donald-trump-is-making-the-great-man-theory-of-history-great-again/?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=New%20Campaign&utm_term=Flashpoints

The synopsis is "The president-elect’s unpredictable rise is forcing historians and social scientists to rethink their most basic assumptions about how the world works."   Laughing

Edit: quote from the article - "...most academics find it difficult to take Donald Trump seriously (unfortunately, history has suggested, time and again, that we have to distinguish between respecting people and taking them seriously)."

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:07 pm

That Buzzfeed and CNN dossier garbage is FAKE NEWS! Daily Show is also FAKE NEWS!

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:19 pm

{{Yup fake news designed to defame, undermine or raise suspicions which are completely unfounded is a disgrace and should not be tolerated I am sure you agree Bungo- especially not in a President!}}

{{On the other hand- live by the sword die by the sword!¬

Plus lets not forget the source of this information is from an ex MI5 man (the same one who provided the accurate information which brought down FIFA- but more importantly who got this information about Trump from Trumps best pals the Russians- they are the source of these stories not CNN or Buzzfeed). Fake I am sure they are. Then again do I think Trump has the sort of attitude to women and proven actions towards them that would incline me to think he might have got up to something or other whilst in Russia with a bunch of Miss Worlds, from the man who walks into their dressing rooms whilst they are naked and boasts about being able to get away with grabbing any woman by the pussy he likes because of who he is? Yeah I do thats why these allegations cutr so deep, they have the faint whiff of possibility of truth because of Trumps own track record on comments and actions towards women- and given all his years of business dealings in foreign countries I think there is at least a realistic risk that foreign states have stuff on Trump that could be used for potential political blackmail.
Do I think these particular allegations are true? No, but it is further Russian meddling in US politics. And that's a worry all round. }}

Last edited by Pettytyrant101 on Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:21 pm

The Buzzfeed details should not have been released because most likely nearly all of the material in it was fabricated by the Russians.

The very probable fact that Russia was assembling a blackmail dossier on Trump (even if most of it was fabricated) is NOT junk news: it indicates how the Kremlin and Putin in particular operates. So Trump had no reason to be mad at CNN.

That being said, the CNN reporter was being quit an ass and I can't really blame Trump for shutting him out on that particular instance.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:32 pm

There's never been a clear line between tabloid news and fake news. To me this media furor seems about the same as all the tabloid headlines we used to have to endure about Bill Clinton's love life. I hope Trump can figure out how to build a better relationship with the press or this is going to get ugly for all of us. Rolling Eyes

Also, I wonder if he realizes that by not releasing his tax returns like everyone before him he's creating exactly the same narrative that Hillary did with her emails. Whatever's in there can't be as bad as what the tabloids will speculate. Almost certainly better to come clean at the beginning and be done, rather than letting this dog him for the rest of his life.

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:50 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dons-portable-toilet-names-covered-inauguration-183314522.html

slap laugh

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:03 am

It's good to see the other side of the coin.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/01/13/cavuto-cnn-youre-experiencing-what-weve-been-living-last-8-years

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next