Ringdrotten
chris63
Eldorion
17 posters

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

US General Election 2016 - Page 14 Empty Re: US General Election 2016

Post by halfwise Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:26 pm

I rather have to defend Trump's statement here. I think he does have enough subtlety to support the statement that Obama founded ISIS by pulling out troops, leading to a vacuum to be filled. It's a standard political kind of statement. Among the many things to throw back in Trump's face, that one doesn't really qualify.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:31 pm

it didn't sound very subtle to me Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:37 pm

Oh I'm not crediting him with real subtlety, just enough to know the difference between allowing something to happen and going over there and making something happen.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:10 pm

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:28 pm

makes sense to me. Nod

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:53 pm

'I rather have to defend Trump's statement here. I think he does have enough subtlety to support the statement that Obama founded ISIS by pulling out troops, leading to a vacuum to be filled.' - Halfy

{{{Sorry Halfy but cant use that to defend Trump-Trump says you cant. As a right wing radio host interviewing Trump tried to do just that and put his words in a more subtle context-

Hewitt (interviewer) said he understood Trump to mean "that he (Obama) created the vacuum, he lost the peace."

Trump objected.
"No, I meant he's the founder of ISIS," Trump said. "I do. He was the most valuable player. I give him the most valuable player award. I give her, too, by the way, Hillary Clinton."

Hewitt pushed back again, saying that Obama is "not sympathetic" to ISIS and "hates" and is "trying to kill them."
"I don't care," Trump said, according to a show transcript. "He was the founder."

"I think I would say they created, they lost the peace. They created the Libyan vacuum, they created the vacuum into which ISIS came, but they didn't create ISIS. That's what I would say," Hewitt said.
"Well, I disagree," Trump replied, and Hewitt moved on.'

Cant defend Trump on grounds he himself denies exists.}}}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:18 pm

What a Face wowzer
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:19 pm

Good heavens. Statement retracted. Rolling Eyes

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:23 pm

when he becomes president I wonder if someone can goad Trump into revealing really interesting stuff like was Roswell real, I bet your bottom dollar he would spill the beans. Razz
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:24 pm

{{{Now you know how his campaign team must constantly feel Halfy- just when you think you've found a plausible way to contextualize his ramblings, he goes and blows that out the water too}}}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:25 pm

{{{Figg- I think if Trump became President it wouldnt be a matter of if he might be assassinated, just a matter of all the different departments who view him as a national security risk working out who gets to do it}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:51 pm

halfwise wrote:Good heavens.  Statement retracted.

If only Trump knew how to speak those words, he'd be a better human being Sad

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:04 pm

{{{Trump is now trying to claim that he was being sarcastic when he said Obama was the Founder of Isis, tweeting today-

'Ratings challenged @CNN reports so seriously that I call President Obama (and Clinton) "the founder" of ISIS, & MVP. THEY DON'T GET SARCASM?'

He could maybe have got away with that if it had been 1 off the cuff remark (again) but he has doubled and tripled down on this since and made clearly non-sarcastic statements about it like the interview I quoted above where he repeats the claim and refutes any suggestion he didn't mean it as he said it.
Seriously how long can the Trump campaign keep stumbling on day to day like this? There's what, 90 days to go or something? He cant through a day without making an outrageous claim then having to defend it then having to denounce it almost immediately.}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:30 pm

Trump doesn't have a filter and I suppose originally it was refreshing to hear someone just blurting out what they thought without any pc filtering, but as time goes on the things he is blurting out just seem madder and madder.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:40 am

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/2016-election/trump-lies/

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:37 am

This might seem completely over the top, out of left field and even downright weird for someone out of the loop, but it is, to be honest, the first proportionate response I've seen to the phenomena that is Donald Trump. Because, wake up and smell the fucking coffe, people, it is that fucking bad, and the fact that more people aren't up in arms about it says something about our culture and us as people, imho..

So, maybe it's completely insane and wildly inappropriate to get in front of a battleship adjacent to Camden, NJ the day after the demonic clown pageant coronation of our next potential Idiot King and publicly despair on a stage contracted specially for the purpose an afternoon of delightful folk/blues/Americana/roots music and feel real fucking deep-down-in-your guts jeembles about entertainment, its narcotic properties and horrifying efficiency in elevating madmen to the heights of influence (ironic) - KNOWING all the while it's probably better to leave this kind of commentary to the professionals at Comedy Central- after a few days of politely shrugging and shaking your head in pathetic resignation with other polite, pathetic resigned people and asking "Wait, what the fuck is going on?" in to a microphone before playing a new 15 minute song that is almost obscenely vulnerable because it feels more honest to you than "Bored in the USA" but maybe it's not.
http://www.spin.com/2016/07/father-john-misty-is-having-a-rough-day-xpn-festival-rant-video/

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:00 pm

This is why I don't take an interest in the world. (It's fucked.) Razz

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:07 pm

I just chomp on popcorn and watch the world implode from the peanut gallery because its quite entertaining. Razz I just imagine Trump as a mad Lannister about to get harpooned on his khazi.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:28 pm

That is the problem though. This isn't entertainment. This is on the one hand, dead serious and distinctly dangerous, and on the other hand, that we as a society are prepared to laugh it off, think of it only as a spectacle, as entertainment, says something really telling about the dangerous direction our society is heading in too. Or perhaps it has already arrived there. Trumps' campaign is basically a continuation of his reality personna and cheap celebrity. But Tilman is actually the first person I've seen to state publicly the reality of how abhorrent this reality really is. Ir doesn't just beggar belief, if people stopped treating this as a reality show for one second perhaps they'd see that they are seriously endangering any concievable future there might be.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:47 pm

I honour him for stepping forward and saying, this isn't funny nor enterntainment. This is dangerous and very real.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:21 pm

H.L. Mencken thought of the bulk of humanity as Homo boobiensis. The kind of people who fall for the incoherent rhetoric of dunderheads and maniacs like Stalin, Hitler and Trump. This is why I moved to Forumshire, where Homo hobbitsensis prevails.

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:35 am

We're a much more sensible lot Nod

US General Election 2016 - Page 14 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

US General Election 2016 - Page 14 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:12 am

Bluebottle wrote:That is the problem though. This isn't entertainment. This is on the one hand, dead serious and distinctly dangerous, and on the other hand, that we as a society are prepared to laugh it off, think of it only as a spectacle, as entertainment, says something really telling about the dangerous direction our society is heading in too. Or perhaps it has already arrived there. Trumps' campaign is basically a continuation of his reality personna and cheap celebrity. But Tilman is actually the first person I've seen to state publicly the reality of how abhorrent this reality really is. Ir doesn't just beggar belief, if people stopped treating this as a reality show for one second perhaps they'd see that they are seriously endangering any concievable future there might be.

don't need a lesson thanks.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:19 pm

No lesson. Just clarifying my view is all. I would never tell anyone how to think or aproach something, that's their problem.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:00 pm

Bluebottle wrote:This might seem completely over the top, out of left field and even downright weird for someone out of the loop, but it is, to be honest, the first proportionate response I've seen to the phenomena that is Donald Trump. Because, wake up and smell the fucking coffe, people, it is that fucking bad, and the fact that more people aren't up in arms about it says something about our culture and us as people, imho..

I appreciate that you class the whole world alongside the Americans in this. I think most people would rather distance themselves from it and say "this would never happen to us, only they can be this inane."

But then you take a look at history, and you realize we're all a bunch of ninnies.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next