Go down

US General Election 2016 - Page 12 Empty Re: US General Election 2016

Post by chris63 Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:24 am

US General Election 2016 - Page 12 Tumblr_o420leQJbY1shriyoo1_r1_400

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:32 pm

Trump = sociopath. some reporter asked him what sacrifices he had made in life and he answered by saying ''I have made a lot of money'' wtf. that's just barking mad.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:19 pm

Trump seems more interested in getting Clinton elected than in actually winning. Yeah, I'm starting to think this whole thing's been a big sham. Trump hasn't moved to the center, hasn't adopted a presidential tone, and continues to become distracted and off message (most recently that whole Kahn deal, which he should have just ignored). He's already setting up his losing by claiming the whole thing is rigged.

Does Paul Manafort have any control over what's going on in that campaign? What a fucking joke.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:43 pm

{{{Bungo! cheers Trump doesnt seem to know what he is doing he just keeps fil flopping about and the person he seems to disagree with most is himself! Evidence this week by the Putin thing. In the interview at the weekend he categorically said he had no relationship with Putin, two years ago he category stated he had a relationship with Putin. He just said in both occasions what he thought would make himself sound the best at that time. Neither is true most likely, he just opening his mouth and saying stuff.
nd now, having been so blatantly caught out he is saying, 'what does it mean to have a relationship? I don'know what they mean by that." Well the seemed to know when he categorically said he had one with Putin, and when he categorically said he didn't have one.
You couldn't make this up.

Although my fav Trump moment of the week (so far) was in the interview where in one of his 'believe me its true because its me Trump saying it' moments he said Putin would never go into Ukraine- before the interviewer had to point out he already had. Who has Trump been taking interview tips from, Sarah Palin? }}}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:56 pm

The mental gymnastics have really become indefensible. Though I think we do need a strong relationship with Russia.

None of this is to say I'm anywhere near excited about Hillary. The DNC/Wiki Leaks emails made it very clear what kind of game her and her friends were running against Sanders. It's up to Jill Stein and Gary Johnson to really shake things up here.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:03 pm

{{{I agree you are really stuck right now as a US voter between two pretty unpalatable choices- way I see it as with Hilary you know what you are getting, a career politician with all the deviousness that entails. But you can deal with what you know tyou are getting and kick her out after 4 years if she is bad- Amercia can survive 4 bad years of a bad President- not so sure it can stand 4 years of President Trump. Not sure NATO can, Putin already seems to be playing Trump like a violin and he is likely to cause serious harm to US relations with, well everyone as he is so thin skinned and cannot seem to stop himself from reacting to criticisms or bad press- something as President you get by the minute. }}}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:11 pm

Bungo! cheers :carrot: :carrot:

{{{I suppose you'll be wanting 10th place back now... Banghead }}}

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:13 pm

yep Hilary is a hard baked politician but at least she has brains, which counts for a lot. She wouldn't be an embarrassment on the world stage. lesser of two evils in my opinion. she isn't a religious nutter so I cant see any alternative to voting for her.

hiya Bungs Wave
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:18 pm

David H wrote:Bungo! cheers :carrot: :carrot:

{{{I suppose you'll be wanting 10th place back now... Banghead }}}

{{{It's yours, my gift to you. Like a Star @ heaven santa }}}

{{{{{{Though you'd better hurry up. I'm gone for three months and you're only 19 posts ahead of me? Get moving, man.}}}}}}

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:27 pm

{{{And thank goodness you are back Bungo- means we don't need another election for Mayor (I assume your absence was due to a banquet related stomach incident- its what usually happens to Mayors I'm afraid, job hazard Nod ) }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:41 pm

{{{I wish I could say I've been traveling the world, seeing the sights, living the life, but no, the whole time I've just been here in the bathroom at the Mayor's office with my head over the toilet. No }}}

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:45 pm

{{{{Well that sounds worryingly familiar! I may have been in the neighbourig cubicle No }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:59 pm

{{This guy (Seth Myers) is not the wittiest, or the sharpest written, or the best presenter of Americas political comedy types, but I do find he is often a bit more indepth and his satire that little deeper (at times, by US standards obviously) }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:57 am

I'm glad to see you again, bungo. Smile

My interest in Jill Stein has declined quite a bit in the past week with some of her comments on vaccines and the supposed connection between Wi-fi and cancer. I find a lot to like in the Johnson/Weld ticket (far more than I do in the Libertarian Party as a whole; at least Johnson isn't opposed to the Civil Rights Act) but I'm probably gonna vote for Hillary since I'm #partoftheproblem when it comes to the two-party system. But I dunno for sure. Maryland is pretty much the safest Democratic state there is at this point (DC is safer but of course not a state) but I try not to let that affect my vote too much. You do get surprises from time to time, like Maryland getting a Republican governor (who I voted for) two years ago. Or the Brexit result, which shows the risks of any side getting complacent.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:31 am

bungobaggins wrote:
{{{It's yours, my gift to you. Like a Star @ heaven santa }}}

US General Election 2016 - Page 12 Giphy

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:36 am

chris63 wrote:US General Election 2016 - Page 12 Tumblr_o420leQJbY1shriyoo1_r1_400

Love it, Chris! Laughing

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:40 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{{Bungo!

Although my fav Trump moment of the week (so far) was in the interview where in one of his 'believe me its true because its me Trump saying it' moments he said Putin would never go into Ukraine- before the interviewer had to point out he already had. Who has Trump been taking interview tips from, Sarah Palin? }}}}

On Bungo... Me too! cheers

On favorite Trump moment... Well, now it's when Bernie sneaks up behind him on his chair! Wish I had been there for that! cheers

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:41 am

I've got to say, as an independent it's exciting to see both Johnson and Stein polling at over 5%. I'd like to think we might be moving toward a time when 3rd (and 4th) parties have a meaningful voice. :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:47 am

I am warming to Hillary. I watched some of the Democratic Convention speeches. At least they're saying things I want to hear. They may not keep their promises, but at least I'm confident they will keep some. And their rhetoric is at least generally speaking my rhetoric.

As to Trump: I'm genuinely frightened he will try and keep his promises - which, as far as I can tell, wil be more racism, more sexism, more denigrating of disabled people, more thin skinned tweeting, more insulting and betraying of America's Allies, and more money for him while the poor get poorer and more of his contractors get screwed. What a fucking crazy megalomaniacal self serving arsehole he is. And white men are lapping it up. Fuck me dead. I feel genuinely sick in the stomach just thinking about it.

Last edited by Orwell on Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:49 am

David H wrote:I've got to say, as an independent it's exciting to see both Johnson and Stein polling at over 5%. I'd like to think we might be moving toward a time when 3rd (and 4th) parties have a meaningful voice. :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

I hope an Independant gets in before Trump does. (But not another crazy man, please!)

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:54 am

Oh btw. Both Republicans and Democrats keep bragging that America is greatest country on earth... Oh dear... Laughing

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:07 am

I leave all this political theatricals to the menfolk, I, have better frogs to fry. I get confused with Lefts & Rights & Centre right & what is the off side rule ?? Anyhoo, Hiya Bungo !! Very Happy

US General Election 2016 - Page 12 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

US General Election 2016 - Page 12 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:08 am

Well, Trump is offside all the time, but his supporters claim it's not true, just a conspiracy against him. Hope that helps, Azriel.

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:28 am

Yep Smile that clarifies everything ! This is why we need the menfolk Smile They make everything simple ( or seem to ? ) Smile

US General Election 2016 - Page 12 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

US General Election 2016 - Page 12 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:45 am

Cry baby at Trump talk... Frankly, Mum or Dad should have child out without being told to leave... No place for crying babies.. But Trump showed all his usual grace... Not... I bet he never even listened to crying babies at home. That's a different thing.

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next