Radaghast
azriel
malickfan
bungobaggins
Eldorion
20 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

A Changing of the Guard (All, Please) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Changing of the Guard (All, Please)

Post by Norc Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:41 pm

i will always believe in you (not saying your recovery is a miracle, cus it isn't, but i just feel like lightening up the mood Razz )

also since we're into believers
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

A Changing of the Guard (All, Please) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Changing of the Guard (All, Please)

Post by Eldorion Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:42 pm

@Amarië, I do very much look forward to seeing what you have to say. study I hope you will find the experience to be rewarding and (at least mostly) enjoyable! Smile

@Blue, I did once make an April Fool's post saying I was resigning and selling the forum (back) to Planet Tolkien. Laughing Way back when and all. But nah, I like your attitude about it. I look forward to posting with you for a long time to come.

@Orwell (simulpost), I dunno what to say, Norc and I just have this dynamic. Razz And watch out for that cactus.

@Petty, I've known that you were a deeply kind and empathetic person since just a couple months after I met you, when I (still learning the norms of crabbitness) took something you said more seriously than it was intended. Your response was incredibly genuine and gentlemanly and only increased my respect for you. I've really appreciated the things you've said recently in private and it's nice to get a chance to read some of them again in this thread too. We have been through so much as mods together, it's really nuts for me to think back on everything that has happened in that time. I am so grateful to have had you with me all the way to the end of my tenure as admin and that you have been so supportive through the final stages. And I would miss you terribly if I ever left (or if you did :suspect) so I hope you'll feel no need to worry.

@Odo, I think I'll let the Attorney-General of Forumshire handle that one. Unfortunately, we're currently between AGs, but I'm sure your inquiries will be accorded the highest priority when everything is sorted out. Nod
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:44 pm

Norc wrote:dearest you, you big ball of fluff!! i am running out of words soon but yeah you know me Kissing

Norc wrote:i will always believe in you (not saying your recovery is a miracle, cus it isn't, but i just feel like lightening up the mood Razz )

Well verbosity is how I try to express a lot of things and feelings are no exception. Razz Thanks again. Kissing I really liked the first song you posted, which I hadn't heard before, and I'll listen to these two right now (though I am familiar with the Monkees at least). Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:47 pm

A Changing of the Guard (All, Please) - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

A Changing of the Guard (All, Please) - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:48 pm

ok one more becasue i absolutely love traveling songs. it makes me hopeful and happy and inspired and nostalgic and yeah. here. this is one of my favourite (alongside the first one i posted "send me on my way"). oh and traveling-songs are songs that has a rythm you can walk fast/trot/gallop or ride a train to Smile 
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:52 pm

Listening to all of Norc's and azriel's songs now, definitely a good touch for this thread to counterbalance the heavy stuff. Thanks guys. Kissing
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:55 pm

flower

A Changing of the Guard (All, Please) - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

A Changing of the Guard (All, Please) - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:57 pm

Norc wrote:i will always believe in you (not saying your recovery is a miracle, cus it isn't, but i just feel like lightening up the mood Razz )

Sweet Eru. Get a room you two! Very Happy

A word of caution, Eldorion. All this heartfelt support will no doubt be buoying you at the moment, and I'm really happy to know it will be, but you'll probably have a big downer when things settle. I only say this because I have two children (around your age) who have similar struggles to you, as I do myself, likewise my Missus. What a peculiar family, hey! When (if) said downer comes, remember to dig deep and await the dawn. It always turns up, but you have to hang in there and wait for it. Comprehending? I suspect you already know this. Smile

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:00 pm

A couple songs of my own that have personal meaning for me:

Orwell wrote:Sweet Eru. Get a room you two! Very Happy

A word of caution, Eldorion. all this heartfelt support will no doubt be buying you at the moment, but you'll probably have a big downer when things settle. I only say this because I have two children (around your age) who have similar struggles to you, as I do myself as well, likewise my Missus. What a peculiar family, hey! When (if) said downer comes, remember to dig deep and await the dawn. It always turns up, but you have to hang in there and wait for it. Comprehending? I suspect you already know this. Smile

:brows:

I get what you mean Orwell, and I appreciate your advice. I'm used to very rapid and severe mood swings, but it's good to keep in mind. Fortunately my parents are back in town so I'm not as isolated as I was last week, even though I'm still snowed in.

Last edited by Eldorion on Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:03 pm

and when it do comes.. just go back here and have a read-through Laughing but you know this right, life is uphill and downhill and you loose some and you gain some, it's a struggle, life, always, but it's part of it. now not to become tooo pragmatic, but i've read some philosophy lately (political though) .. and i can't remember my point... but!!! the sun will always rise (well not in winter north of the arctic circle but let's not ruin my argument) and new days and new flowers and new puppies will come and i yeah.. capiche?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:13 pm

Norc wrote:
Orwell wrote:Oh fuck me dead, Nora... Sad  it's too late now... Sad

But you're right dear girlie-person. Fancy you being such a lovely person after all. And me thinking you a tough as reindeer leather Thuglyffe type! Shocked

See Eldo! Even hard nuts like Nora are like raspberry jelly in your hands. That surely must mean something. Very Happy
i will not fuck you dead, unless i have an abnormally large cactus  Twisted Evil

Mmmm....a cactus, you say.. Mmmm... You know, I'm not necessarily into that kind of thing... No, not absolutely necessarily... Err... Can you send a photo or drawing perhaps, before I make any hasty agreements with you, you brash girlie-person you... Shrugging

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:15 pm

Orwell wrote:
Norc wrote:

But you're right dear girlie-person. Fancy you being such a lovely person after all. And me thinking you a tough as reindeer leather Thuglyffe type! Shocked

See Eldo! Even hard nuts like Nora are like raspberry jelly in your hands. That surely must mean something. Very Happy
i will not fuck you dead, unless i have an abnormally large cactus  Twisted Evil

Mmmm....a cactus, you say.. Mmmm... You know, I'm not necessarily into that kind of thing... No, not absolutely necessarily... Err... Can you send a photo or drawing perhaps, before I make any hasty agreements with you, you brash girlie-person you... Shrugging
A Changing of the Guard (All, Please) - Page 2 Cactus-couch
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:21 pm

Norc wrote:and when it do comes.. just go back here and have a read-through Laughing but you know this right, life is uphill and downhill and you loose some and you gain some, it's a struggle, life, always, but it's part of it. now not to become tooo pragmatic, but i've read some philosophy lately (political though) .. and i can't remember my point... but!!! the sun will always rise (well not in winter north of the arctic circle but let's not ruin my argument) and new days and new flowers and new puppies will come and i yeah.. capiche?

Hey! Now you're being wise too? What's happening to everyone here?! Next we'll all start growing up... That can only be bad. See what being thoughtful does to people, Eldo! You should be ashamed of yourself! Even Nora isn't our little girl anymore... She's all growed up and all... Sad no more ribbons and little Goth party dresses... Ooh I remember. I do. I do. I do. Sad )

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:23 pm

Norc wrote:
Orwell wrote:
Norc wrote:

Touché! Laughing

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:24 pm

Orwell wrote:
Norc wrote:
Orwell wrote:
Norc wrote:

Touché! Laughing
no no no, you misunderstood. that's going up your rattatta.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:27 pm

Norc wrote:
Orwell wrote:
Norc wrote:
Orwell wrote:
Norc wrote:

Touché! Laughing
no no no, you're misunderstanding. that's going up your rattatta.

You're not just getting wiser by the minute, Nora my love, you're getting awfully quick witted too. I concede defeat --- for now... cheers

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:28 pm

Orwell wrote:
Norc wrote:
Orwell wrote:
Norc wrote:
Orwell wrote:
Norc wrote:

Touché! Laughing
no no no, you're misunderstanding. that's going up your rattatta.

You're  not just getting wiser by the minute, Nora my love, you're getting awfully quick witted too. I concede defeat --- for now... cheers
Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:32 pm

I've only been vaguely aware of the troubles you have been dealing with in you personal life Eldo, so I can't offer any advice (and as I'm a fairly cynical miserable bugger by nature that's probably for the best Laughing ) even if I felt it was place to do so, as Norc said life is full of ups and downs that we all have to deal with in our own way as best as we can, these very struggles are one of the things that make life worth living to its fullest.

... On a much lighter note what I have been meaning to say, in addition to what I said earlier, since joining this forum I've been very impressed by your integrity, thoughtfulness and general enthusiasm to everyone and everything on the forum, it's been said by other's but at the risk of embarrassing you...you have always struck me as very articulate, fair and clever for a young man of your age, co-founding and administrating a forum is no easy task especially as a teenager, but you have risen to the challenge brilliantly and most importantly haven't forgotten to have fun along the way, we all owe you alot...I wish you all the best for where ever life leads you next, and I hope that (even if you do decide/need to become more absent in future),  you'll always remember to take  well deserved pride in your achievements here as an owner, admin and online friend to us all...and I hope you warned Am what she was letting herself in for! Laughing

Last edited by malickfan on Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:40 pm

Well said Monsieur Malick-person!

Gotta say, something is infecting the psychophilosophical waters here. The selection of songs being posted are mesmerically apt! Very Happy

Edit: and just so everyone knows, Eldo will not be becoming more absent in future. Or else! Mad

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:56 pm

Radaghast wrote:Thanks, Eldo. Don't be a stranger Cool

Gotta love your profile-picture-thingee, Radaghast. Just saying. Very Happy

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:01 am

l appreciate the concern, Malick. As Orwell says; Eldo's not allowed to go far. Wink

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:04 am

malickfan wrote:I've only been vaguely aware of the troubles you have been dealing with in you personal life Eldo, so I can't offer any advice (and as I'm a fairly cynical miserable bugger by nature that's probably for the best Laughing ) even if I felt it was place to do so, as Norc said life is full of ups and downs that we all have to deal with in our own way as best as we can, these very struggles are one of the things that make life worth living to its fullest.

... On a much lighter note what I have been meaning to say, in addition to what I said earlier, since joining this forum I've been very impressed by your integrity, thoughtfulness and general enthusiasm to everyone and everything on the forum, it's been said by other's but at the risk of embarrassing you...you have always struck me as very articulate, fair and clever for a young man of your age, co-founding and administrating a forum is no easy task especially as a teenager, but you have risen to the challenge brilliantly and most importantly haven't forgotten to have fun along the way, we all owe you alot...I wish you all the best for where ever life leads you next, and I hope that (even if you do decide/need to become more absent in future),  you'll always remember to take  well deserved pride in your achievements here as an owner, admin and online friend to us all...and I hope you warned Am what she was letting herself in for! Laughing

Thank you very much, Malick. Smile It's been a crazy ride, and definitely a blast, and I do think it's something I'll continue to take pride in. And I am so glad that this community has kept going and flourished beyond my wildest dreams. Reflecting on things, I was definitely fortunate to be able to succeed at so many things I wanted to in this hobby of forums at such a young age (though of course it wasn't pure luck).

I have every faith in Amarië and she also told me not to worry or feel like I was putting on a burden on her, so I think she'll be fine. Very Happy

Amarië wrote:l appreciate the concern, Malick. As Orwell says; Eldo's not allowed to go far. Wink

Far be it from me to disobey the Dark Mistress. Sofa

Last edited by Eldorion on Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:06 am

Amarië wrote:l appreciate the concern, Malick. As Orwell says; Eldo's not allowed to go far. Wink

yeah he's locked in my basement Twisted Evil
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:07 am

Norc wrote:yeah he's locked in my basement Twisted Evil

A Changing of the Guard (All, Please) - Page 2 YCvNnWi

Kissing
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:20 am

Songs are incredibly insidious things. They seep into you. Something I guess I should know, calling myself a song writer and all. These songs you've posted made me think of a recent episode with my Dad. He is 90 and had a severe stroke and is now bedridden and cannot speak. On an early occasion after the stroke he started tapping his fingers of his good hand and appeared to be trying to sing with several family members around his hospital bed. I tried to think what he was trying to sing while holding said hand and trying to read, maybe intuit, the song. Then I thought of War Songs, as he had fought as a 17 year old in WW2. I checked Google on my mobile and found a song, title I don,t know, but some words are: "Pack up your troubles in your old kit bag... Etc." I started singing it quietly and Dad joined in, though he could only articulate singalong noises not actual words. My siblings joined in. We are not a singalong family! It will remain an important event for me until I die, I think. So, to get to the point, I hope the songs posted here do bring you comfort, Eldo, especially if in bad times you come to this thread and maybe play them. Sad. Happy. Traumatic. Despairing. Hopeful. Tearuppingness. They are all important things we confront, and certain songs are here to help us deal with them.

Last edited by Orwell on Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next