halfwise
bungobaggins
Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
Norc
19 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Just...................whatever [6] - Page 19 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [6]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:57 am

It really is a journey, life- Azriel

{{{{I think then I must have stalled, on a hill Mad }}}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Just...................whatever [6] - Page 19 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [6]

Post by azriel Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:48 am

Let the clutch up slowly & release the hand brake Smile Go with the flow Smile

Just...................whatever [6] - Page 19 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Just...................whatever [6] - Page 19 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:06 pm

You mean start rolling backwards? I suppose that's sort of what we are doing, rolling blindly into the future with a full view of the past.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:42 pm

this may win an award for cutest pic ever:

Just...................whatever [6] - Page 19 3f5cc3ba_1-rxZdhCR8YtIHXu8y7Ce7UA.xxxlarge_2x

(Malia Obama giving Sasha two thumbs up as she chats up Ryan Reynolds)

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:24 pm

Not sure why I enjoyed this so much. It may be the comment: " the Big Mac puts up a hell of a fight."

http://mashable.com/2016/03/12/molten-copper-vs-big-mac-youtube/#FDgfszSJs8qO

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:17 am

Whats Mc D's doing to your insides ? Shocked

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:54 pm

halfwise wrote:You mean start rolling backwards?  I suppose that's sort of what we are doing, rolling blindly into the future with a full view of the past.

Keep yer foot on the brake !

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:59 pm

Every evening between 5PM & 6PM I watch the birds dancing in the sky. Its the same every time & it still makes me go "wow", stop & watch them Smile They squawk & sing & how they dont bump into each other I dont know Smile Then, suddenly, one last dive & theyve gone. Over the hills of The Downs & far away, just the cheeping left, fading off.

I could only find a vid over the pier. Im at the opposite end of town, on the edge of the countryside, but the singing & dancing is still the same Smile

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:23 pm

I suppose if you put a bunch of people on a dance floor and tell them to either follow other people, and if you don't see anyone to follow then lead...you might get something similar. But we don't really get those instructions. Might be interesting to try. Never thought about bird flocks as dancing before: does put it in a new perspective.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:32 pm

I know something of what it's like from riding bareback and bridleless on a horse in a small herd. Horses' eyes are on the sides of their head, rather than forward-facing like ours, so they're much more attuned to the motions on either side of them than those ahead.

As a horse way over to one side slows down, all the others who are abreast of him become aware and slow down slightly too, which causes the herd to pivot slowly and elegantly in that direction.

It's amazing to us, but it would probably seem like the most natural thing in the world if we had side-looking eyes and our brains were wired to stay abreast rather than walk in line.

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:16 pm

azriel wrote:Every evening between 5PM & 6PM I watch the birds dancing in the sky. Its the same every time & it still makes me go "wow", stop & watch them Smile They squawk & sing & how they dont bump into each other I dont know Smile Then, suddenly, one last dive & theyve gone. Over the hills of The Downs & far away, just the cheeping left, fading off.

I could only find a vid over the pier. Im at the opposite end of town, on the edge of the countryside, but the singing & dancing is still the same Smile  

are they Starlings? you have to be careful if they fly overhead, you can get covered in poo. Laughing
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:17 pm

David H wrote:
Bluebottle wrote:
it is a lot easier to deal with people when you're not in love with them. Razz

sounds like a good tatoo Smile

Haha, not much of a tatoo guy myself, but be my guest. Razz

Now, aren't you guys just the nicests bunch of people. Smile

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:35 pm

David H wrote:I know something of what it's like from riding bareback and bridleless on a horse in a small herd. Horses' eyes are on the sides of their head, rather than forward-facing like ours, so they're much more attuned to the motions on either side of them than those ahead.

As a horse way over to one side slows down, all the others who are abreast of him become aware and slow down slightly too, which causes the herd to pivot slowly and elegantly in that direction.  

It's amazing to us, but it would probably seem like the most natural thing in the world if we had side-looking eyes and our brains were wired to stay abreast rather than walk in line.

Hmm...I think with some more documented examples you might have a publishable theory.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:33 pm

Just...................whatever [6] - Page 19 12494916_10208090075105064_7271366134824218835_n

Someone put it into words. Shocked

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:38 pm

All of them, in that order Wink

Just...................whatever [6] - Page 19 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:36 pm

Ringo's back! :carrot:

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:36 pm

Wave Hello Ringo

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:07 pm

Hi Ringo! pub

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:58 pm

Well, he heard there were hugs, coffe, vodka and sleep on offer so.. Very Happy

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:00 pm

I'm thinking that might be a good email signature.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:23 pm

Sounds a decent morning. Razz

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:04 am

Hullo, all Wave Smile

Just...................whatever [6] - Page 19 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:27 pm

Hullo there, Ringo. How is the studying.. err.. troll hunting going? Very Happy

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:17 pm

Good to see you around again, Ringo. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:47 pm

Just...................whatever [6] - Page 19 Duck_zps1ewcm6cq

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum