Your zombie apocalypse team..

+3
bungobaggins
Pettytyrant101
Bluebottle
7 posters

Go down

Your zombie apocalypse team.. Empty Your zombie apocalypse team..

Post by Bluebottle Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:22 pm

I thought this could be kind of fun. Very Happy

Your zombie apocalypse team.. Tumblr_mj622ne83T1qlqbugo1_1280

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Your zombie apocalypse team.. Empty Re: Your zombie apocalypse team..

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:32 pm

Winston from 1984- varicose vein, gets out of breath doing basic exercises, smoker and drinker of cheap gin. Good at bravery in the face of Totalitarian Oppression. Probably not a lot of use against a zombie however. Mad

Gilgamesh from the Epic of Gilgamesh- giant, ancient hero, travels to end of the earth, fights monsters, meets legendary characters of history, handy with a pile of bricks, fists, swords, chariots. Now were talking- zombie crushing machine! cheers

The Doctor- Time Lord, astronomical hero, travels anywhere and everywhere, fights monsters, meets legendary characters of history, handy at putting up shelves - hold on! Suspect

Still, when it comes to zombies I think Winston's lunch but otherwise I'm fine! cheers drunken

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:18 pm

Oh, this looks fun. Very Happy I'm just going to go by movies because I haven't read anything in a while.

Ash from the Evil Dead series. A chainsaw on a stub hand and a sawed off shotgun in the other. And lots of experience killing reanimated corpses and demons. Think I'm okay there. Thumbs Up

Chris Pratt in Jurassic World. Another good choice.

Indiana Jones. 'nuff said.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:03 pm

Ah. Very Happy Well, mine should probably be Joanna Newsom, as I've been listening to her album all day, Josiah Bartlett and Samuel Vimes. (I'm sorry, Sir Samuel Vimes, the Duke of Ankh.)

So.. three geniuses. Although, I'm not sure how well we'd handle zombies. (Sir Samuel doesn't like them much apparently.) Shocked

Kicking myself a bit for not watching Avatar yesterday though.. I could have had Aang.. Sad

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:28 am

Hm...

I'd go with Guts from Berserk.

Your zombie apocalypse team.. 9U1p0jT

And Geralt from the Witcher series.

Your zombie apocalypse team.. Yip3QjI

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:48 am

That's some very handy last minute reading. Suspect Razz

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:33 am

I am trying to remember what I read or saw yesterday (saw this thread before I went to bed). Had a bit of a migraine all day though, so not much reading or screen time for me and I wasn't paying too much attention to what I was seeing.

Was half watching a documentary about Jacques Cousteau's granddaughter learning about and diving with sharks. The kids were watching a kids' pop science series called 'Newton'.

Flipped through a caravan mag, reading about a Dethlef caravan salesman. So I thing housing won't be much trouble.

I am certain I read some Merlin fanfic, I certainly hope so cause he's used to armies of dead things. But I fear I am stuck with either the newly elected mayor of a neighboring municipal or the guy he was talking about in the news article, a troubled soul who lives on a landfill in a cargo container cause they haven't found housing for him because of reasons.

Remember me fondly. In movies like this the girl and the container dude is most likely to survive till the end. Unless the writes decided that the kid needs a mothery figure. Then I'm good.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:52 pm

Wow, you literally are screwed. (Err.. not in the biblical sense, of course.) Shocked

Perhaps we should combine forces. Nod

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:13 pm

Miss Marple. Shocked

I suppose I could send out hoards of zombie killer kitties, go stabbing people with poisoned knitting needles, and rock hard teacakes with nails in them. killah granny. Twisted Evil
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:27 pm

If you watched Doctor Who yesterday, you probably get the Doctor too. Wink

(Although, going by your comments, I can understand you not wanting Capaldi to come along. Razz)

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:34 pm

Read (The Princess and Curdie. George MacDonald):
Curdie the Miner. He is young and athletic. Wields a mining pick to good effect, so that has to come in handy versus zombies. He is experienced combating goblins, but as they have incredibly soft feet and an abhorrence of rhymes I don't think that will necessarily be a bonus. Unless, of course, we consider that he is quite brave in the face of horrible creatures in the dark. We'll see how things go down once Irene's nursemaid and house servants rise up from the grave and advance upon his parent's hut.

Watched (The Martian):
Astronaut Mark Watney, NASA Botanist, a.k.a. Blondbeard, the Space Pirate. First human colonist upon the planet of Mars,  in excellent shape physically and possessing extensive scientific knowledge and very strong will to survive. I'm doing quite well here I think. (No puns shall be mentioned concerning a certain zombie-defense game.)

Played(Civ V):
Casimir III the Great of Poland
So this guy did quite well reforming Poland, inviting Jews in, founding the University of Krakow, doubled the size of the kingdom through conquest. He did pull a Robert Baratheon though and died of an injury sustained while hunting. So I don't know about this one. He'd probably butt heads on who was in charge with Watney, and make Curdie perform servant tasks for him.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:37 pm

Bluebottle wrote:Wow, you literally are screwed. (Err.. not in the biblical sense, of course.) Shocked

Perhaps we should combine forces. Nod

In the Biblical sense? scratch The word does not appear in the King James.

Perhaps if we were talking about whether Figgs knew someone, but not in the biblical sense!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:46 pm

I think it has to do with writing, not the Bible. Biblios or something. Greek or Latin.

In Norwegian library is bibliotek.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:11 pm

Err... Shocked Embarassed

Biblical sense..

“I knew her… in the biblical sense” said the ribaldrous fellow with a wink and a nudge.

Many are aware that “knowing in the biblical sense” is shorthand for sex.  But few know what it is that’s ‘biblical’ about that ‘biblical sense.’

Well it all goes back to Genesis 4:1:

“And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain.”
http://kingsenglish.info/2011/01/24/knowing-in-the-biblical-sense/

So, you see.. you are screwed.. but not.. err..

It was.. err.. a joke.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:53 am

Well yeah, of course it was a joke. Razz
Just not one that worked out.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:39 pm

Yeah, damn jokes. Mad

Maybe I should do another one..

Mmm..

No..

Sorry..

I can't think of anything that's not funny.. Shrugging

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down