azriel
halfwise
Mrs Figg
14 posters

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

FREEDOM!!!! [4] - Page 28 Empty Re: FREEDOM!!!! [4]

Post by Bluebottle Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:13 pm

For some reason lots of Scotland stuff dropped into my feed. This article is quite stunning:

https://www.scotsman.com/news/dani-garavelli-time-has-come-but-ruth-doesn-t-realise-it-1-4728316

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:26 pm

{{Weirdly that link takes me to a different story about there being a majority to stay in the EU were another referendum held- no mention of Davidson at all. }}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:03 am

Odd, it works fine for me. Trying again:

Dani Garavelli: Time has come, but Ruth doesn’t realise it

Read more at: https://www.scotsman.com/news/dani-garavelli-time-has-come-but-ruth-doesn-t-realise-it-1-4728316

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:45 pm

{{Working fine now Blue, thanks Thumbs Up }}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:17 pm

Spanish police ban yellow.. yes, yellow, at Barcelona game:

http://www.thenational.scot/news/16176551.Spanish_police____ban_yellow____at_Barcelona_game/?

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:07 pm

We have bowling alleys here that ban gang colors. I think you can maybe get away with it on a shirt, but not bandanas or the like. This is to avoid incitement to attack. The difference here is it's a safety not a political issue.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:29 pm

really want to go to Barcelona, I need to find a cheap and cheerful B&B or pensione. Really want to stroke some Gaudi.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:04 am

Ah, me too, hopefully I will manage to go back this summer. I really want to go to the Gaudi park, which I didn't manage to last time. Smile

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:05 am

halfwise wrote:We have bowling alleys here that ban gang colors.  I think you can maybe get away with it on a shirt, but not bandanas or the like.  This is to avoid incitement to attack.  The difference here is it's a safety not a political issue.

A bit of a difference between a gang than the colour of a peaceful democratic movement.

Also, pre-constitutional flags were obviously allowed. That is the flag of the facist Franco-regime, from before the democratic constitution.

Spanish police have their priorities..

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:06 am

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/04/20/snp-minister-predicts-second-independence-vote-soon-april-2019/

Second Indyvote April 2019? :O

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:41 am

{{I dont think speculating on a second referendum is helpful now- its more just to keep the hardcore SNP base happy.
If they held it now they would lose again just because there is so much massive uncertainty in the air- we may yet get a second referendum on the EU before this is all done let alone get round to Scottish Independence again.
I dont realistically see a vote for at least 2-3 years maybe closer to 5 as folk will want to see first what Brexit in practice amounts to, and what the result of it actually is when it does.

My gut feeling is if they push for a 2nd indy ref before that it will fail- and then they really wont get another one for a very long time. }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:44 pm

I would not be as pessimistic as you, but I value your insight. I think you could build a forceful campaign on basis of the connotations to the lies of the Better Together-campaign, and the unionists would be left repeating arguments, many of which have been proven false, with a lot less authoritative force.

Choosing the correct moment might be central though. As I think you have said previously, an anti-brexit independence vote might be fundamentally unsound, because of the overlap of a part of the independence and pro-brexit votes.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:23 pm

an anti-brexit independence vote might be fundamentally unsound- Blue

{{Precisely- the two issue need separated out and dealt with separately, and whilst one is an ongoing concern we cant have the other. Brexit has to be settled one way or another, the deal known, and probably people will want at least 1-2 years to judge the after effect and result of it before pushing for a 2nd independence referendum.
Which carries its own risk- as if in the seemingly unlikely event Brexit proves hugely successful and the UK goes onto prosperity and happiness it would be a damaging blow to independence in terms of those who vote based solely on how it might effect their wallet. As well as greatly boosting the Tory party, currently second largest party in the Scottish Parliament (a long way back second but still second) and increasing the unionist vote.

But more so a successful UK after Brexit could be the death knell of the EU that is left- as every right of centre and anti-Brexit  party in the EU will be holding it up as an example. And there is at least one of them (of varying strengths in terms of votes) in every EU country now.}}}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:12 am

well at least the HOL are earning their keep. smack down! x 2.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:50 am

Thank you for the feedback, Petty.

I think this attempt to steamroll the Scottish Parliament might blow up majorly in the HoC's face, and might even give the impetus and momentum to bring about independence. Make your standard the HoC imposition, "consent is... a resolution with a negative response."

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:47 pm

I guess this is what you call that famous English sense of humour.. This the part of the UK EU withdrawal bill that defines the concept of consent of the Scottish Parliament:

FREEDOM!!!! [4] - Page 28 Dby0E6MWsAA4BbW

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri May 25, 2018 11:51 pm

Very very interesting: https://www.newstatesman.com/2018/05/scotland-s-unionists-attack-snp-s-growth-commission-report-their-peril

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat May 26, 2018 7:47 pm

glad to see Ireland has joined the 21st century.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue May 29, 2018 8:39 pm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I-C4Ngp_7a0

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:02 pm

{{Hope this passes- I've been advocating and signing petitions on this since I was a teenager as the system never made sense to me as it was- }}}

'Legislation has been tabled at Holyrood to shift Scotland to an "opt-out" system for organ donation.
At present, people must opt in to the system in order to donate their organs for transplants after they die.
Under the proposals published at the Scottish Parliament, it will be assumed people were in favour of donation unless they have stated otherwise.
Medics will still check with families to confirm the deceased person's views, and ensure they understand the process... it includes provisions to make sure the wishes of families and next of kin continue to be respected, and excludes children and adults who do not have the capacity to understand the rules.'

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:50 pm

Well, if they need to check with next of kin it's not really an automatic opt-in. Though it does increase the harvest, which is a good thing. People die waiting for a match.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:47 pm

{{Well given the main objection is likely to be on religious grounds- and less than half of Scotlands population have any religion it should not be a huge issue and will increase the overall availability of donors significantly. Not perfect, I'd leave family out of it myself, but I can see why they included it as a concession to at least get the bill in front of the Parliament for a vote with the highest chance of it passing }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:11 pm

Drs have to make sure all is clear about whipping out Aunty May's liver. Families can sometimes act differently thru sadness. Aunty May could very well have told everyone that Mrs Jones down the street can have her liver but, that's said when Aunty may is getting her coat on to go to Tesco, a bit different when she's foot first in the morgue. Ive always thought what a good idea for Drs to save others with organ donation & how heart breaking for a loved one to fade away because of some notion of....I dunno… a missed chance to Heaven ? Drs seen as grave robbers ? who can say ? Id be surprised if anything of mine is worth handing over but you never know ? Surely its worth a try ! This should have been dealt with on sterner grounds when Christiaan Barnard did heart transplants. I remember the mixed reviews where I lived. Some said he was a God & some said he was Baron Frankenstein.

FREEDOM!!!! [4] - Page 28 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

FREEDOM!!!! [4] - Page 28 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:05 am

{{Well Scotland just got screwed over by England yet again.
First brief background- The Scottish parliament overwhelmingly (ie everyone but the Tories) voted against the UK government Brexit bill on the basis it contravenes the Scotland Act passed when Scotland achieved devolution- in short the Act lists a whole load of areas for which the Scottish Parliament is directly responsible- some of these areas such as agriculture and fisheries were powers up till now that were joint endeavours with the EU- under the UK government proposals when we leave the EU those powers will not all return to Scotland- rather Westminster will keep them for a minimum of seven years. This is in utter contravention of the Scotland Act and of responsibility for devolved powers lying at Holyrood with Scottish MSP's, the entire basis of the constitutional act devolution is based upon- hence the Scottish Parliament overwhelmingly rejecting it.

The changes needed to sort this and preserve the devolution settlement were in the Lords amendments under discussion yesterday, except-

'Discussion of the Brexit power grab on Scotland, via Clause 15 of the EU Withdrawal Bill, was left with just 15 minutes at the end of proceedings... Filibustering by UK Government minister David Lidington meant no other speeches were made during that time.... Scottish Brexit minister Mike Russell said: "The fact that they rail-roaded this measure through with no time for speeches from anyone other than the UK Government Minister shows utter contempt for Scottish democracy. This is a dark day for devolution"....
There were reports from MPs including Carol Monaghan that after Blackford raised a point of order asking what Scottish MPs could do to ensure proper debate, Tory Ian Liddell-Grainger shouted "suicide".
Monaghan said: "This complete contempt is what the Scottish people are up against."

So the govenrment just ripped up the Act of Parliament upon which the devolution settlement is based and made a successful power grab for devolved powers holding them at Westminster- and they did so in the space of fifteen minutes without allowing a single Scottish MP to speak. Respected equal partners in the UK family? Better Together? Mmmmmm. }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:40 pm

well done to the SNP for standing up to those cretins in Westminster. extraordinary
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next