Happy American Independence Day 2015!

4 posters

Go down

Happy American Independence Day 2015! Empty Happy American Independence Day 2015!

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:58 am

Hello mostly-foreigners, just thought I'd say something on this most patriotic of American days.
So here's to the U.S. Sorry for the mistakes and you're welcome for the successes!

United States of America, 1776-2015 (so far)
e pluribus unum

Happy American Independence Day 2015! Nyc-in-fourth-of-july-independence-day-ylli-haruni

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Happy American Independence Day 2015! Empty Re: Happy American Independence Day 2015!

Post by Eldorion Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:03 am

Gorgeous painting. Very Happy

This was my first Fourth in a new town, out on the edges of the Baltimore suburbs. I dunno if it's the lingering rural spirit compared to where I used to live, but people up here went crazy for fireworks. We were at my cousin's house, which had a perfect, unobstructed view of the town's main fireworks display. It wasn't especially big, but they managed to make it last half an hour without any uncomfortable pauses or anything. Not being able to hear all the booms was weird, but I'm glad we weren't close due to the horrendous traffic. There were also at least six other unofficial (probably illegal) sets of fireworks going off within sight of the deck we were on, and that's only counting the ones that had fireworks that could go as high as some of the official ones. There were of course tons of other people, including us, setting off everything from firecrackers to roman candles to mini-mortars. Always a blast though; and that firework-y smell (as nasty as it is) always brings back fond memories. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Happy American Independence Day 2015! Empty Re: Happy American Independence Day 2015!

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:52 am

I love that smell!
Smells like... freedom. Cool

I spent this 4th of July completely alone all day. It's been just lonely and lame. I should have gone out. Oh well.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:24 pm

Happy 4th July my ex-colonial friends USA

Suspect flipping tea tippers.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:36 pm

Very Happy

We Americans have been perfecting pollution for over 200 years. Razz

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:11 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:Happy 4th July my ex-colonial friends USA

Suspect  flipping tea tippers.
cheers

Mad
Fidgety tea-sippers!

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:19 pm

Laughing
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down