bungobaggins
Eldorion
Tinuviel
Orwell
halfwise
26 posters

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Go down

Critics review 'The Battle of the Five Armies' - Page 21 Empty Re: Critics review 'The Battle of the Five Armies'

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:00 pm

{{2nd part of her break down of the Hobbit films- this time focusing on the studious behind it, who was bankrolling it and making money over it and what was added late at the studious request }}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Critics review 'The Battle of the Five Armies' - Page 21 Empty Re: Critics review 'The Battle of the Five Armies'

Post by bungobaggins Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:23 pm

It just feels like Lindsay is a little late to the party here. I liked the interview with John Callen, though.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:13 pm

If she had done all this a few years ago I may be more tempted to watch 70 minutes of video. From the few minutes I watch I'm not getting bored because of her style or analytical skills. There's just not much new that can be said. The last major reveal that came out on this subject was that Jackson was forced into a rush job, with all the attendant loss of quality. That was years ago, and nothing new since.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:36 pm

Lindsay's presentation and analysis was always leagues beyond anything the Nostalgia Critic ever produced. Doug Walker's idea of criticism is playing a truncated version of the movie while doing MST3K style riffs.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:36 am

{{Nostalgia Critics biggest influence is Warner bros cartoons- he basically is a live cartoon and that's kind of his main entertainment value- his analysis are rarely very deep. Lindsay comes at things more from a film school sort of perspective- in terms of adaptation lots I disagree with her about regards TH and LotR's films- but she is pretty good on the technical stuff.
But agree its pretty late to the party no matter how indepth.
And I wish the current trend among reviewers and the like to add 'sketches' and characters would go away- the nostalgia critic was much more watchable when it was just him at a desk reviewing shit- these days I have to constantly skip through long sections of him and his mates playing dress up and bad acting to get to the bloody review Mad Same with Angry Joe Mad  }}}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:36 pm

bungobaggins wrote:Lindsay's presentation and analysis was always leagues beyond anything the Nostalgia Critic ever produced. Doug Walker's idea of criticism is playing a truncated version of the movie while doing MST3K style riffs.

I should correct myself here. It's not MST3K style riffs, it's usually just snide remarks that descends into cringe-worthy screeching.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:41 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{Nostalgia Critics biggest influence is Warner bros cartoons- he basically is a live cartoon and that's kind of his main entertainment value- his analysis are rarely very deep. Lindsay comes at things more from a film school sort of perspective- in terms of adaptation lots I disagree with her about regards TH and LotR's films- but she is pretty good on the technical stuff.
But agree its pretty late to the party no matter how indepth.
And I wish the current trend among reviewers and the like to add 'sketches' and characters would go away- the nostalgia critic was much more watchable when it was just him at a desk reviewing shit- these days I have to constantly skip through long sections of him and his mates playing dress up and bad acting to get to the bloody review Mad Same with Angry Joe Mad  }}}

Doug Walker's "show" isn't even worth watching anymore IMO. If I was going to waste half an hour of my time watching a bunch of 30 somethings play Neighborhood of Make Believe, I'd have to step back and seriously take stock of my life.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:15 pm

"MST3K style riffs" ??

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:23 pm

If I was going to waste half an hour of my time watching a bunch of 30 somethings play Neighborhood of Make Believe- Bungo

{{Um, is that not what we do here? - apart from Neighbourhood as I dont know what that is! (says the kilt wearing, buckie drinking crabbit Scotshobbit and I'm over 40! Well over actually- bugger Mad ) }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:24 pm

halfwise wrote:"MST3K style riffs"  ??

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:10 am

Ah, Mystery Science Theater!

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:58 pm

{{Final part of Lindsays look at the hobbit, not so much about the films this time as the industrial action and unrest that surrounded the making of it and its legacy on NZ film making}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:40 pm

If Doug Walker is the Nostalgia Critic guy, then yeah I can't stand that guy.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21