Calling all Buskers - Page 2 Empty Re: Calling all Buskers

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:24 am

some other guy had taken it with his amplifier and sweet singing voice- Orwell

Was he wearing a kilt- if not you can still trump him! Nod

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:20 am

Orwell - I think your new arch nemesis probably gave some suggestions as to what would work. People in those places are just passing through and would probably only get the impression that you did first... professional and playing well known (lady friendly) music.

I see buskers on the tube in London every day and often in Southend on the main shopping street. From what I notice, the people who get the attention are either crowd pleasers (i.e. they play something people would know) or gimmicks (e.g. playing drums on paint pots).

Both types tend to be boring if you actually stayed for a while but it is the 'impulse donaters' that you are appealing to. Most people will be going about their business and, at that point in their day, dont have the time or desire to work out whether they like someone enough to part with cash however might do if they catch a few lines of a favourite tune.

In London, there are places you would go to where 'original' street performances are what people go to see... like Covent Garden. If you are doing your own stuff then maybe there is somewhere like that in Melbourne that would suit better?
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:10 am

We've all heard your music here,its a big hit & I like it very much but,Thumbs Up as its unusual to others maybe thats why the dosh isnt rolling in ?? I mean its not familiar not unusual Rolling Eyes ( wait till they get to know you eh ?Wink ) Here in Blighty we have buskers & the ones in my town get the most notice when they whip something out........Puppets at the moment. Cheap, easy to operate puppets that 'dance' to the tune, its getting peoples attention especially when the brats..er..sweet little children.. are off from school Smile And of course its the run up to Christmas so, a few are rocking up a few carols Rock-a-billy or Metallica style Very Happy

Calling all Buskers - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Calling all Buskers - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:28 am

All sound advice - but I'm an original artiste! Some might say a smart artiste, but let's not go there... Mad

I did make money from casual passersby when I played in the subway (on a Tuesday) but my timing of perrmance was not the optimun. Should have got there earlier the first time I went there. I didn't get to play with Mr Amplifier-Proffessional-Singer-Man, so don't know if the Friday passerbys would have chosen him or me. In fact, I don't know if he got anything himself as he was just around a corner at the bottom some stairs into the subway. He was loud enough to drown me out so I didn't bother playing. It was also useful to listen to another busker. I really don't know if playing originals or known lady-songs would have made any difference, but could have. I will consider asking about if there is a good place for originals though. Maybe at a place where people are at outdoor restaurants etc. They might be willing to tune in and listen a bit more. Anyhow, maybe my songs sound so good they will just imagie they're classics which they'd never heard before.. or... possibly... they will just throw coins to me as encouragement anyhow - like the first time I went to said subway? Shrugging I tell myself it was the first case scenario that got the coins. I am delightful - and have a lady-song or two myself to do a bit of casual wooing, as I posted somewhere earlier... Very Happy

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:31 am

Orwell wrote:All sound advice - but I'm an original artiste! Some might say a smart artiste, but let's not go there... Mad

I did make money from casual passersby when I played in the subway (on a Tuesday) but my timing of perrmance was not the optimun. Should have got there earlier the first time I went there. I didn't get to play with Mr Amplifier-Proffessional-Singer-Man, so don't know if the Friday passerbys would have chosen him or me. In fact, I don't know if he got anything himself as he was just around a corner at the bottom some stairs into the subway. He was loud enough to drown me out so I didn't bother playing. It was also useful to listen to another busker. I really don't know if playing originals or known lady-songs would have made any difference, but could have. I will consider asking about if there is a good place for originals though. Maybe at a place where people are at outdoor restaurants etc. They might be willing to tune in and listen a bit more. Anyhow, maybe my songs sound so good they will just imagie they're classics which they'd never heard before.. or... possibly... they will just throw coins to me as encouragement anyhow - like the first time I went to said subway? Shrugging I tell myself it was the first case scenario that got the coins. I am delightful - and have a lady-song or two myself to do a bit of casual wooing, as I posted somewhere earlier... Very Happy
Not that I would brag. I'm not a pompous busker, you know. cyclops

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2