Bluebottle
bungobaggins
David H
Tinuviel
Eldorion
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Speculation about the Battle of Dol Guldur - Page 2 Empty Re: Speculation about the Battle of Dol Guldur

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:21 pm

You mean like what Tolkien did? Nah thats just not Pj and the Covens way- not when they can screw it all up and make them unwatchable as a set.
Watching TH first would make LotR's even more annoying than it already is as it would appear to be full of scenes mimicking scenes in TH.
Watching them in order of filming of course you get exactly the same problem, but in reverse and with the extra disadvantage that the LotR's films are just terrible adaptations, TH films are terrible films.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Speculation about the Battle of Dol Guldur - Page 2 Empty Re: Speculation about the Battle of Dol Guldur

Post by Sinister71 Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:28 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:You mean like what Tolkien did? Nah thats just not Pj and the Covens way- not when they can screw it all up and make them unwatchable as a set.
Watching TH first would make LotR's even more annoying than it already is as it would appear to be full of scenes mimicking scenes in TH.
Watching them in order of filming of course you get exactly the same problem, but in reverse and with the extra disadvantage that the LotR's films are just terrible adaptations, TH films are terrible films.

I think the LOTR films as films are good and as adaptations they aren't perfect but they are rather well made even with some of the changes. I was able to overlook alot of what was done to LOTR just because the world felt like middle earth.And the changes weren't cheesy and hokey like they are in the Hobbit. I was able to buy into the LOTR because the films were somewhat treated with reverence (at least at the start and they got worse as they went along) BUT FOTR will forever be one of my favorite adaptations because of how well (IMO petty) the film was made.

The hobbit not so much. I wouldn't piss on the main print if it were on fire Evil or Very Mad
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:32 pm

I wouldnt piss on it if it was allergic to piss.

FotR is alright, its the best of the three as they stand (TT is my favourite of my purist edits however) but RotK is easily as bad as TH in my view. And just as stupid.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:37 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:I wouldnt piss on it if it was allergic to piss.

FotR is alright, its the best of the three as they stand (TT is my favourite of my purist edits however) but RotK is easily as bad as TH in my view. And just as stupid.

I agree they got worse as the went along. More liberties were taken by far. I just wish Jackson could write a screenplay and then stick to the f**king thing. How hard is that? He might actually make a decent film if he did that. First instinct is usually the right choice I always say. ESP if you take your time and write the thing right in the first place. Shocked Shocking concept I know!
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:40 pm

You expect a script to change- input from actors, second unit directors, unforeseen things changing the shooting (like NZ earthquakes) but to seemingly be writing and rewriting the thing continuously as you shoot does not seem to be a very good way to create a coherent script.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:43 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:You expect a script to change- input from actors, second unit directors, unforeseen things changing the shooting (like NZ earthquakes) but to seemingly be writing and rewriting the thing continuously as you shoot does not seem to be a very good way to create a coherent script.

Thumbs Up completely agree. i would expect small changes but complete rewrites not so much esp on a daily basis
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:52 pm

Speculation about the Battle of Dol Guldur - Page 2 Cybermen___delete___campaign_by_degaspiv-d33hjoa

<deleted>

Last edited by Forest Shepherd on Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:10 am

You raise some good points, Forest, but I don't really think that's the direction that PJ and co. will take (though again I'm just speculating here). It's certainly possible to create drama despite Sauron's flight from Dol Guldur -- though it's much harder given the changes the filmmakers have already made -- but that would take the film in a very unconventional direction for a wannabe fantasy epic with a Big Bad at the center. I don't think the filmmakers have any inclination to make that kind of leap. Sauron/the Necromancer has already had a bigger and more active presence in DOS than he did in any of the LOTR films, and Azog being recalled against his will to Dol Guldur established him as a mere lackey (at least in my mind, though it's possible the filmmakers didn't want to imply that).
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2