Forest Shepherd
Norc
Eldorion
chris63
bungobaggins
18 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Battle of the Five Armies, teaser trailer - Page 6 Empty Re: The Battle of the Five Armies, teaser trailer

Post by David H Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:48 pm

Honestly, that's something I never even thought about when browsing through dusty old book shops...till now.  Shocked 

The Battle of the Five Armies, teaser trailer - Page 6 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  The Battle of the Five Armies, teaser trailer - Page 6 UJpDi The Battle of the Five Armies, teaser trailer - Page 6 Mumbea10
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

The Battle of the Five Armies, teaser trailer - Page 6 Empty Re: The Battle of the Five Armies, teaser trailer

Post by Amarië Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:39 pm

Saw the trailer, had a MASSIVE crabbitattack, will join Petty on quest codenamed Haggis if asked

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:40 pm

I was going to call it operation 'I'm going to f***ing get you PJ', but then I thought that wasn't really a codeword so much as a prediction.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:30 am

The Battle of the Five Armies, teaser trailer - Page 6 I-just-want-it-to-stop

The Battle of the Five Armies, teaser trailer - Page 6 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by feanor 1999 Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:31 pm

Eldorion wrote:
Norc wrote:we're the most hateful forum ever aren't we? someone should print this out, frame it and send it to PJ.

I think the Barrow-downs gives us a run for our money, but we're certainly up there. Rolling Eyes

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=18719

Ayup...

But Shurely that was Bree under my Evil 'dictatorship'... ?  But Plus ca change and all that...

Hiya Peeps.
I'm back online at home at last after such a long long time. I have been surfing all over the place since this morning, and have literally only just found out that the trailer was previewed at Comiconned, so I youtubed it straight Away... plenty of goofy stuff as you've all pointed out. The Rams (Ibexes ?) seem awfully appropriate for Dwarves though. Just as well that  PJ will finally be shot of the rings after a VERY long while. Unless there are dirty subterranean Silmarillion deals being hatched behind the scenes. But obviously I'll still go and see it. Just to round the series off. Then I'll have to make the difficult decision whether to buy the EEs to put with my LOTR ones for the hell of it.

Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by feanor 1999 Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:33 pm

Ayup...

Here's a Linky to what SHOULD have happened, from Youtube as well. Tee Hee...

http://t.co/g6qM0oB46E

Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:14 pm

feanor 1999 wrote:Ayup...

But Shurely that was Bree under my Evil 'dictatorship'... ?  But Plus ca change and all that...

Bree towards the end was one of the most vitriolic anti-Jackson communities I've ever seen, no doubt. Quite possible the most. Wink

Then I'll have to make the difficult decision whether to buy the EEs to put with my LOTR ones for the hell of it.

Y'know, even though I wasn't expecting to be satisfied by The Hobbit films, I was totally expecting to buy all the EE box sets as they came out. Even after AUJ confirmed most of my fears, I was still planning on getting them all. I did, in fact, buy a physical copy of the AUJ-EE, but after I rewatched the film and was even more disappointed by than before, the purchase seemed like not such a great decision. I'm gonna rent DOS-EE if I can, and barring that, I'll just buy a streaming copy from Amazon.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by feanor 1999 Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:40 pm

Ayup Eldo...

Bree to me always felt more biased toward the books rather than ANY of the films. we had some very good members who provided some genuinely interesting input. It only got more 'agressive' i guess, as the travesty of TH was gradually revealed to us, and the film 'Fans' tried harder and harder to take us over. And as Peter Jacksons name now features more heavily in the credits now rather than the profs, looking in a really detached way, I'm not surprised. the Comic-conned won. But never mind, I still have my books, tapes and my Minds eye. I have to confess i was given bootleg copies of the first two installments, so I don't quite have to cross that bridge yet. As I said though, I shall still go and see the last part at my traditional last late-night screening on the opening or second day.

Last edited by feanor 1999 on Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:43 pm

The funny thing is, I remember the early days of Bree c. 2011, when there was a pretty even balance between film fans and book fans (perhaps even titling more towards the film side). I know things started to change on both Bree and Forumshire after the CinemaCon reports, and the actual release of AUJ (or perhaps a few months after it) sealed the deal for a lot of people. But I'm still not entirely sure what made things get to intense on Bree. Perhaps a siege mentality with the spam problems, downtime, and incompetent absentee admins?
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by feanor 1999 Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:44 pm

who knows ? Shrugging I think 2011 was before my time, TBH. Its not something I worry about now. When I was there, I was there every day I could.

Last edited by feanor 1999 on Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:46 pm

I'm glad you're gonna see the third movie, at any rate.  I know a couple of people on here (Radaghast is the only name that comes to mind though) were saying they weren't even going to watch DOS.  When you've been following and anticipating the films for so long, though -- five and a half years so far for me -- I can't fathom not actually seeing it through to the end, if only so you can say you did. Razz

I'll look forward to hearing what you think of it come release time. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:51 pm

I think Raddy did watch DOS, at least a torrent or something along those lines. Then it scared him away forever. pale Sofa

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by feanor 1999 Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:56 pm

Ayup Eldo...

Well, it would spoil it if one didn't. going to the cinema anytime is stil such a treat even at my age. And having seen it in its entirety, then one can digest it without fear of a sense of Hypocrisy. But having watched DOS yesterday after some months avoiding it, I really was able to part snooze and surf through it without it touching me at all... Maybe that's an omen ?

I also look forward to your impressions, should you watch it too.  Wink 

Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:41 am

feanor 1999 wrote:
Eldorion wrote:
Norc wrote:we're the most hateful forum ever aren't we? someone should print this out, frame it and send it to PJ.

I think the Barrow-downs gives us a run for our money, but we're certainly up there. Rolling Eyes

Ayup...

yeah, your evil dictatorship.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by feanor 1999 Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:35 am

Norc wrote:
feanor 1999 wrote:
Eldorion wrote:

Ayup...

yeah, your evil dictatorship.

Ayup...

Mwhahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !  lol! Kissing Metal 

Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:55 pm

The Battle of the Five Armies, teaser trailer - Page 6 Cybermen___delete___campaign_by_degaspiv-d33hjoa

Last edited by Forest Shepherd on Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:57 pm

October, if I'm recalling PJ's Facebook update correctly.  I imagine it would be between two and two-and-a-half minutes, which is not that much longer than the "teaser".
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:03 pm

Hopefully it will be mostly new footage and not one of those rehashed "trailers" with all of the material from the teaser with about ten seconds of new stuff.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:05 pm

<deleted>

Last edited by Forest Shepherd on Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:10 pm

I'm pretty that each of the trailer for AUJ and DOS had mostly new footage in them.  When there was a slightly recut trailer featuring old footage, they didn't try to hype it up or anything.

Also, the difference between teaser and theatrical trailers has always been mainly academic when it comes to Middle-earth movies and I am legitimately surprised at how big a deal people made over this trailer not being the "real" one. All of PJ's trailers are long enough that they could have been the final trailer for many other movies.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by feanor 1999 Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:44 pm

Or the Movie itself...  Very Happy 

Its just a load of Hyperbole for the Comic-conned is all. Lets all move along...

Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:53 pm

<deleted>

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Carcharoth Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:20 pm

Well that trailer didn't exactly raise my expectations so much as drown the last of the hope I had! It's a shame but oh well. I'm sure I will still manage to enjoy the film for what it is, but it won't hold pride of place in my DVD collection in 10 years time Smile

By the way, what happened to Bree? Is it dead?
Carcharoth
Carcharoth
Burglar

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:27 pm

Hello Carcharoth, havent heard from you in ages  Wave 

The Battle of the Five Armies, teaser trailer - Page 6 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

The Battle of the Five Armies, teaser trailer - Page 6 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Carcharoth Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:30 pm

Hey o/

Well I was one of the few defenders of the first film. That was a task in itself. But DoS was, well, not that easy to defend haha. And this next one will likely follow suit.
Carcharoth
Carcharoth
Burglar

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next