Norc
bungobaggins
azriel
Mrs Figg
Forest Shepherd
10 posters

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Roll to Dodge! - Page 10 Empty Re: Roll to Dodge!

Post by Bluebottle Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:48 pm

Hello, Azriel and Ringo. Nice to see you again. Smile

Ringdrotten wrote:Welcome back, blue Very Happy Where have you been?

Oh, hm.. not everywhere.. somewhere. Nod Summerholiday mostly. Nothing as fancy as you, mind. Trying to do as little as possible mostly.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:49 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:because I think you'll find it's your round- Blue

affraid But it cant be, it was my round only recently, 1979 I think.

Oh, I shouldn't kid about such things, should I. *Pats friendly on the shoulder* Here, have a drink. That should calm your nerves. Nod

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:58 pm

pub

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:20 pm

I think this'll be more like it Blue Very Happy

Roll to Dodge! - Page 10 Barrel_zps906cc7bb

Roll to Dodge! - Page 10 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Roll to Dodge! - Page 10 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:55 pm

Bumpity-bump-bump.
I added a rules section. I need to do just a little bit more work before we can start, but the most of that will be drawing up the map!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:26 am

bounce
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:29 am

but the most of that will be drawing up the map!- Forest

Dont forget the drinks cabinets!

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:17 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:but the most of that will be drawing up the map!- Forest

Dont forget the drinks cabinets!
At this rate I may need to add "IPA refreshment trolleys" at every street corner! Mad

(How long has your buckie been around there Petty? I remember hearing it was a specific brand. The most popular type of beer beyond a basic local lager or something that I could find for the period was the India Pale Ale.)

Edit: More change to the rules: I added some benefits for winners of the last game, along with a bunch of other stuff. Razz
I'm starting drawing the map now and having a blast, I started with the church, but it's looking pretty sweet. Cool

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:39 am

Nice work, Forest, this looks great! I think I'll be a Ragamuffin of the Street Very Happy

Roll to Dodge! - Page 10 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:29 am

Excellent Ringdrotten!
I've probably forgotten loads of stuff, but I finally finished the bloody map (took ages, not that you could tell by looking at it Mad  ) and so I do believe we are ready to begin!

(Mini-edit. That's what I forgot, the police station isn't marked on the map! Curses, as well as the neighboring town directions, the swamp north of town, a compass in the corner... Some more town houses... :facepalm: )

Upon arrival in Buningca-haye, you have been commanded to report to the local police station. The constable and sergeant (a Mr. Broadleaf and Mr. Baines, respectively), once they receive your papers of introduction, will fill you in further concerning the details of the murder. It has been suggested that, if you are undercover, you should enter through the back. You find that a bit strange, but the local police must have a reason for their caution.

(I'm a bit fried from working today and then spending hours in The World's Most Frustrating Paint Program (patent pending). But if you wish to play please select a class and, if you like, give yourself a name. (I would just say use your Forum handle but Mrs. Figg seemed quite inspired with her double-bustled daughter-of-nobility, so go ahead! Smile ))

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:01 am

Id like to be Marigold Scroggins, Household maid, Smile

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:52 pm

I need a hat. Cant go about Scotland Yarding all over the place without a small round hat on Nod
I may need to acquire a neat, yet surprisingly bushy walrus moustache too.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:42 pm

Cast of Characters:
Roll to Dodge! - Page 10 Walter+Dendy+Sadler+-+The+Fishing+Party

The Detectives:
Disguised as:
-Lady Rose Summer, the bored daughter of Lord Figg Poncemby. After touring the continent (mostly Italy) for some years she came back home and joined the London detective-force. She grew up at the nearby Pootle Hall, and so was chosen specifically for her knowledge of the area.
Cash: 24 pounds, 4 shillings.
-Lady Rose has a companion from the police-force attired in the glorious Policewoman Blue. Her name is Betty Brightwater, and she wears trousers for some reason.

-Mr. Petty Crumblebuckie, the posh possessor of an excellently groomed, but surprisingly bushy walrus moustache. His taste in fine spirits has been tempered by a life-long obsession with finding the Perfect Brew.
Cash: 19 pounds, 4 shillings

-Marigold Scroggins, a kind-faced, but utterly disreputable-looking former maid who has some connections with the Metropolitan Police through a distant relation. While currently unemployed, she is looking for work in the town.
Cash: 14 pounds, 12 shillings

-Ringo Drotts, a raggedy-clothed, tousle-headed, grimy sort of individual. He spent several years time surviving alone on the Canadian frontier; living off of raw fish and bloody bear steaks. His family lost all of their wealth, while he was away, through investments in the notoriously faulty Swedish fishing industry, and is now destitute.
Cash: 14 pounds, 12 shillings
So that makes two ragamuffins of the street and two Gentle-folk. Unless someone else will join that means we won't have an detectives playing in their police uniforms. Ah well. Sad

The Duchesne's:
Ashby Fitzwilliam Duchesne, a furiously mustachio'd portly man who has been found murdered in his home at Braxton Hall
-Arabella Duchesne-Calder, his daughter who lives at Braxton with her husband:
-Daniel Calder, Arabella's husband. He owes his money to coal production.

-Elliot Humphries, a distant half-brother who is visiting Braxton after the murder.

-Vivienne Renaud (nee Duchesne), a widow who lives in town.

Braxton Hall
-Byron Chizzleworth, the personal Catholic priest of the Duchesnes. He has already met Ms. Scroggins under scandalous circumstances.

The Townspeople:
Alan Fairfield, a kind Anglican priest at St. Mary's church

-Mr. Baines, the Sergeant. Report to him on your first day to be further filled in on the local situation.
-Mr. Broadleaf, the Constable

-Clayton Smith, important local farmer, owns the fields near town. He knows Petty as a gentleman, and Ringo as a thieving villain!

-Dallin and Betty Staveley run the Old Shuck Pub. Dallin has met Petty and Ringo.

-Tilda Hinton, Inn Proprietress. You are to stay at her establishment and meet up once per night to share the results of your investigations. She can be trusted to keep your identity secret.

-John Greybold, woodsman, he lives in the nearby Brodington Wood in a cabin.

Last edited by Forest Shepherd on Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:09 pm; edited 7 times in total

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:34 pm

Perhaps Petty would like to appear as a London bobby?
Honestly I'm not even certain you guys read the rules on the preceding page. Mad
Well anyway, I'm going to go fine-tune the details of the conspiracy. Let me know when you're all ready.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:14 pm

There was rules Laughing scratch

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:31 pm

Mad Mad Mad

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:39 pm

Laughing Laughing

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:31 am

Ah Forumshire and its long distant relationship with the concept of rules! Very Happy

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:51 pm

can my friend Betty Brightwater join in too? frightfully good chap, she has disguised herself as a policeman, and says she is ready for action. I told her it was highly unrespectable wearing gentlemens breeches, as ladies parts must never be in contact with gentlemens parts, but she would insist, said it was a 'tremendous wheeze!' and not to be stuffy. Me! stuffy? after the trouble we had in that horrible Macedonian turkish bath, angry hairy men charging down the street after us, but then as I explained to her 'in foreign parts its Always full of angry hairy men charging down streets', even in Aemericur where they charge down the Street riding on grey hosses.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:02 pm

It would be unfair for the others to allow your fearless pair of social-norm-breakers to work as kind of two-headed-dragon sort of team (the policewoman uses force when necessary while Lady Rose charms the bourgeoisie). Either Ms. Brightwater can work as a bodyguard for your rich heiress, and keep her distance from your actual investigations (stands outside if you enter a building, etc.) or you can accompany her and you will effectively play as a London bobby. Choose one and stick to it.
Either way, sounds fun to add another character!

Let us begin shall we?
The rules, map, and descriptions of the game are on Page 15, while the list of characters is on page 16. I may move the character list to 15 to simplify things, but it's there for now.

Like I said before, it is a rainy Wednesday morning (12th of August) when you arrive in Buningca-haye. Storm-clouds rumble overhead and falling drops fizzle on the hot engine of the train as it pulls into the station. You disembark and a porter hands you your luggage (or tosses it at you out of the door in the cases of the ragamuffins). You find a man with a cart and have your items delivered to the Inn. The most sensible thing to do would be to report to the local police sergeant, Mr. Baines.
However, it is an open field of possibilities and you may do whatever you like.
Please post your action in spoiler brackets. Read the bloody rules if you don't know why.  Mad

(Do keep things within reason. There is no magic, for example, in Victorian England. There are plenty of madhouses however, keep that in mind and don't lose yours!)

The game is afoot!

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:14 pm

ok but we all know that in Victorian London people dabbled in the new fangled sciences, like Mr Hyde and Mr Gekyll. so maybe Lady Rose is the respectable lady who occasionally takes some potion and turns into a big beefy bonkers policelady called Brightwater?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:20 pm

Right straight to the bar for me,
Spoiler:

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:30 pm

Spoiler:
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:44 pm

I'm glad it's finally begun! I spent a lot of time worrying and plotting about how things would go, so having the game start is quite reassuring.

For the sake of the game, and my sanity (and grasp on clear-headedness), let's have you shy away from the darker aspects of the new sciences Mrs. Figg. No Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde antics and-it-please-you. I'm assuming you're leaning towards the Lady Rose side of things with your first morning's actions, and I will play it accordingly. Smile

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:21 pm

I will try to be good What a Face
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next