Pettytyrant101
Bluebottle
Eldorion
halfwise
Norc
15 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 36 Empty Re: Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2]

Post by huffjuff Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:52 am

I am Sami Very Happy Or half sami, on my mothers side!

huffjuff
Ringwinner

https://andreashustadphotography.myportfolio.com/

Back to top Go down

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 36 Empty Re: Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2]

Post by Bluebottle Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:23 pm

You are? That's cool. Nod  It must be interesting to have different cultural identities in your background like that. Not that it necessarily makes that big a difference in reality, but you obviously always have the choice if you want to give it a closer look.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:33 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote:Interesting.

It is. The thing is that when a country protects an area for reasons of biological diversity, by making it a protected landscape or national park and so on, the rights of indigenous people, their traditional way of life, is mentioned as something that must be given particular consideration and the considerations for protecting biological diversity must be weighed against both in the Biodiversity Convention and in fjordlandian law.

The fact of the matter is that many of the areas that have been protected here, and particularily up north, traditionally have been used by the Sami people to herd reindeer. And since these rights must be given particular consideration both according to international commitments and national law, they are allowed to continue even in areas that are specifically protected.

Now it might seem counterproductive to allow herding of reindeer, and with that the use of motorized vehicles, putting up fences and all the things that are requiered in that activity, in an area that has been specifically protected for reasons of biodiversity. But I guess it's good to consider that these areas still are of a nature one feel deserves protection, and that a long history of this cultural use by the Sami people hasn't changed that. So one puts restrictions on the activity and monitor the activity strictly, but one does allow it. Although one in areas of particular vulnerability might go as far as to totally restrict any activity, also that traditionally by the Sami, as the considerations for biodiversity weighs heavier than the considerations for the Sami to keep their cultural activities going in those specific areas.  

So it is an interesting issue, and norc might very well have even further points of interest when it comes too reindeer herding.. if you're interested.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:19 pm

I like reindeer, I think they are beautiful creatures Very Happy And their fur is so soft.

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 36 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 36 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by huffjuff Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:51 pm

When norc is @home, she lives in between the reindeers...

Bluebottle wrote:You are? That's cool. Nod  It must be interesting to have different cultural identities in your background like that. Not that it necessarily makes that big a difference in reality, but you obviously always
have the choice if you want to give it a closer look.
I don't see any big difference living up north. But when I moved southward I have seen the pros and cons of having different cultural backgrounds. I have moved a lot with my family over the years (my father has been in the military for close to 30 years), so I have it easier coming in to new societies than most other people who doesn't have that experience. I have a "kofte" which I used in my confirmation(???). Some people think that it is rather weird that I dare to use it, but most people think it is cool (or at least I hope so Cool )

huffjuff
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:21 pm

What's a "kofte" ?

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 36 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 36 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by huffjuff Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:35 pm

Gákti (Kofte) is the Northern Sámi word for a piece of traditional clothing worn by the Sámi in northern areas of Norway, Sweden, Finland and the Kola Peninsula in Russia. The gákti is worn both in ceremonial contexts and while working, particularly when herding reindeer. The traditional Sami costume is characterized by a dominant color adorned with contrast colored bands, plaits, pewter embroidery, tin art, and often a high collar. In the Norwegian language it is called 'kofte', most probably due to the word "gákti" being somewhat similar to the word 'kofte' in the accusative, genitive, locative and comitative case (gávtti/gaftti, gávtti/gaftti, gávttis/gafttis, gávtiin/gafttijn).

huffjuff
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by huffjuff Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:41 pm

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 36 Me10

This is me in my Gákti 4 years ago

huffjuff
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:00 pm

They know i live among reindeers ..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:04 pm

Kofte is awesome. It's also much more varried than bunad (not those strict rules, colours and patterns are much more free). Btw huff, you've seen my pencil case? Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:06 pm

Oooh, right, thankyou huffjuff Smile I also looked up bunad a while ago ( thanks to Blue) Some lovely dresses Very Happy

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by huffjuff Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:15 am

Norc wrote:Kofte is awesome. It's also much more varried than bunad (not those strict rules, colours and patterns are much more free). Btw huff, you've seen my pencil case? Smile

Pencil case? Nooo. The last week I have seen more of the toilet... I've been really sick. It sucks. Puking all day long ftw!!!

huffjuff
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by huffjuff Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:44 pm

Yes they are Azriel! I'm getting a new Gákti soon I hope. My old one is looking like a miniskirt on me Razz or a bit big miniskirt.

huffjuff
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:01 pm

Wouldn't a big miniskirt be equal to a regular skirt? Now that's one to ponder Nod

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 36 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:30 pm

a short maxi dress

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by huffjuff Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:38 pm

Noo. It is just as long as a miniskirt, but it has a full upper-body part.

huffjuff
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:25 pm

Then it's a very short dress, dear...
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:20 pm

The last week I have seen more of the toilet... I've been really sick. It sucks. Puking all day long ftw!!!- huffjuff

Ah yes, that does bring back the memories of my college days Twisted Evil drunken

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:01 pm

Haven't you guys been paying attention. It's a Gákti, not a dress. Rolling Eyes

Might it fill the same function? Well, I wouldn't like to say.. and certainly not to someone wearing one. pale

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by huffjuff Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:04 am

Ah yes, that does bring back the memories of my college days Twisted Evil drunken -Pettytyrant101

haha! im not drunk though...

huffjuff
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:13 am

What? And I thought you were a student Mad

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by huffjuff Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:32 am

Erhm. Yeah, well... I am, but it takes a lot of alcohol to get me drunk, so I cant drink every weekend. Alcohol is waaaay too expensive here in Norway...

huffjuff
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:02 pm

Surely thats a national disgrace- what do you spend your oil fund on if not subsidized buckie for the masses? I mean whats the point of the bloody thing otherwise Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by huffjuff Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:01 pm

The state just wants to "save" the money for when the oil one day runs dry... I would really like to have a subsidized buckie. The military gets subsidized alcohol for when they have "pubs" in the camps....

huffjuff
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:07 pm

30kr halvliteren - 'chea pub

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 36 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next