Post by Orwell Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:53 pm

Mad 

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

The Bandersnatchers - Live - Page 2 Empty Re: The Bandersnatchers - Live

Post by Bluebottle Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:20 am

Orwell wrote:
Bluebottle wrote:I see I'm the George Harrison character. Well hopefully I'll get around to writing some songs eventually. The Bandersnatchers - Live - Page 2 Whistling2
Just don't wait ten years, that's my advice. Stand up for yourself earlier than later, George... err... Blue!
Don't worry I have something up my sleeve.

(A joke for the aficionados there.)

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:38 am

Eldorion wrote:Hopefully the Bandersnatchers will turn out to be more like the Beatles, but with this nefarious Odo McDodo lurking in the background I worry they might be more along the lines of One Direction. Shocked
The Bandersnatchers - Live - Page 2 Harry_1

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:13 pm

Bluebottle wrote:I have! Very Happy At least a good deal of it.

And I really rather liked it. I could see that you guys had a lot of fun writing (and drawing Nod) that. That really shines through in the story. 

I did however feel a sudden need to get to the gym, if I'm ever to live up to Ringos example that is. Laughing 
which one did u read?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:14 pm

Orwell wrote:
Norc wrote:
And last but no least there’s Ringo Builtwell. Handy with a flute, as dark in hair and voice as Blue is light, and a shirt so tight it looks like it’s painted on. (Which it is.)
gold. right there.
You do seem to like these descriptions of Ringo, Norc. I hope you don't see Ringo just for for his taught and buffed military body and (from what I've read) incredibly shapely thighs! I mean, he has got a brain too, you know (apparently).  
apparently..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:48 pm

Norc wrote:
Bluebottle wrote:I have! Very Happy At least a good deal of it.

And I really rather liked it. I could see that you guys had a lot of fun writing (and drawing Nod) that. That really shines through in the story. 

I did however feel a sudden need to get to the gym, if I'm ever to live up to Ringos example that is. Laughing 
which one did u read?
I've read the first one, Fjordian Feast, not all the way thrugh the second yet.

It's a real enjoyable read. Nod And the drawings are great. Very Happy 

Pettytyrant101 wrote:You'll just have to go read my stuff Blue- all it will make you do is want buckie- no fitness required at all Noddrunken
Of course Petty, still mean to get round to the rest of your Hobbit parody. Nod 

I'll better stop at the store on my way home from the gym. Laughing

Last edited by Bluebottle on Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:53 pm

If I may humbly in a drunken fashion advertise my own stuff- Id recommend The Darkest Day- as it will give you an entirely accurate recounting of how Forumshire came into being, you can find it here-

http://www.hobbitmovieforum.com/t336-dark-planet-day-challenge-forumshire-fanfic

(Id recommend everyones stories there too)

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:11 pm

Norc wrote:
Orwell wrote:
Norc wrote:
And last but no least there’s Ringo Builtwell. Handy with a flute, as dark in hair and voice as Blue is light, and a shirt so tight it looks like it’s painted on. (Which it is.)
gold. right there.
You do seem to like these descriptions of Ringo, Norc. I hope you don't see Ringo just for for his taught and buffed military body and (from what I've read) incredibly shapely thighs! I mean, he has got a brain too, you know (apparently).  
apparently..
Ha! I just knew it! Suspect  Oh vacuous youth! Rolling Eyes

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:13 pm

http://www.hobbitmovieforum.com/t336-dark-planet-day-challenge-forumshire-fanfic

'tis a fave of mine -- right up to that rather inauthentic stuff about Odo and Orwell, that is... Rolling Eyes 

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:41 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:If I may humbly in a drunken fashion advertise my own stuff- Id recommend The Darkest Day- as it will give you an entirely accurate recounting of how Forumshire came into being, you can find it here-

I've read at least parts of several stories already and have been nothing but impressed all round. Nod 

Will try to get around to that one in time.

Eldorion wrote:Hopefully the Bandersnatchers will turn out to be more like the Beatles, but with this nefarious Odo McDodo lurking in the background I worry they might be more along the lines of One Direction. Shocked
We surely can't be a One Direction, we play instruments. Shrugging 

To be honest we sound a lot more like Jethro Tull, or Prudence to take a norwegian example, than anything else with the flute and everything.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:45 pm

Bluebottle wrote:...To be honest we sound a lot more like Jethro Tull, or Prudence to take a norwegian example, than anything else with the flute and everything.
I can live wth that. Nod

{{{I only hope Amarie can write a fine tale - some do as say she's thick as a brick Very Happy }}}

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:24 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:If I may humbly in a drunken fashion advertise my own stuff- Id recommend The Darkest Day- as it will give you an entirely accurate recounting of how Forumshire came into being, you can find it here-

The Darkest Day is one of my favorite Forumshire fanfics. Nod Highly recommended, Blue.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:10 pm

Orwell wrote: 
{{{I only hope Amarie can write a fine tale - some do as say she's thick as a brick Very Happy }}}
{{{Good to see someone else appreciates the musical pun. Nod  }}}

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:46 am

Near the hill where the concert would take place stood a lovely house with a well-kept garden with brightly blooming flowers, a sturdy chest high stone wall encircled the area. Just inside the wall on all sides there where several guards and just outside the wall were many Bandersnatchlings – as they called themselves - screaming.

The owners of the house had fled to live with relatives days ago. Inside in the cosy living room sat the Bandersnatchers with the curtains closed. The concert was just a few hours away and they had a new song to memorize. Ringo sat quietly in the corner of the sofa, a warm blanket over his shoulders and a steaming mug with milk and honey.

- For the love of Yavanna! I can’t sing this! I am rhyming “potatoe” with “alright oh”! It’s a criminal offence! In certain towns, to be exact, not all.

Blue slapped the piece of paper with the back of his hand.

- It was “potatoe” and “all night – oh” before McDodo censored it, mumbled Lance while raising his eyebrows in a significant manner - which nobody saw because of the long hair.

- It was a perfectly fine set of lyrics as it was, Orwell insisted. And “-ight oh” is a perfectly fine rhyme to use. You can never go wrong with that!

- I can do much better than that, I could write some proper poetry.

- I have read some of your ‘poetry’. Ode to law of hights of fences and hedgerows in and around town centres, was it?

Blue glared.
- I will have you know that it is a fine law indeed, most worthy of praise and contemplation! The only reason you write the lyrics is that Odo is your great uncle’s cousin twice removed and by second marriage. So hah!

Orwell’s nostrils flared dramatically and the others gasped, except Ringo who just gaped to spare his voice. They had whispered the same words among themselves, but never dared to speak it.

Ty nocked his fist on the table, his red hair threatening to escape the brightly coloured hair curlers.
- Och nich arch hooo!

All but Lance looked at him with confused eyes. Lance wasn’t confused at all. But nobody could see that.

It took a little while before Blue found a logical reply. He was a well-educated hobbit from the North, after all. The others looked to him in such confusing matters, even when arguing.
- Gesundheit! He offered politely.

All seemed to agree that this was the correct reply and returned to the debate discussion argument conversation like nothing had happened. But Ty leaned closer to Lance.

- Ishck harkk pto?
- Mh, replied Lance with a thoughtful frown on his brow which nobody could see. Ty had a point. He really did.

Link to part 4

Last edited by Amarië on Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:30 am; edited 1 time in total

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:13 pm

Amarië wrote:
Ty nocked his fist on the table, his red hair threatening to escape the brightly coloured hair curlers.
- Och nich arch hooo!

All but Lance looked at him with confused eyes. Lance wasn’t confused at all. But nobody could see that.

It took a little while before Blue found a logical reply. He was a well-educated hobbit from the North, after all. The others looked to him in such confusing matters, even when arguing.
- Gesundheit! He offered politely.
The Bandersnatchers - Live - Page 2 Hah1_zps5549c45f

Simply perfection! Very Happy

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:49 pm

Aw... Thank you! Thank you!
The Bandersnatchers - Live - Page 2 Takker_zps076693ba

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:15 pm

So if mine and Orwells deliberations are correct we might sound something like this:

Very Happy 

Wether that is correct or just a fan theory is of course completely up to the author to decide. Nod

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:28 pm

It if makes you happy. I was thinking more in the lines of BeeGees and Backstreet Boys. Wink

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:36 pm

Haha. Very Happy 

Well, from purely the point of taste I might prefer it. Though it is of course completely up to you. Nod 

It was that you included a flutist in the band that drew my mind there mostly. It's the way of the reader, I guess, to put a lot of meaning into the authors throwaway comments. Wink

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:47 pm

Weeell, add a higher pitched voice to the mix and you might have it (or a much deeper one).

((It is more the boyband idea I'm after, money machines who have nothing in common besides being put together in a band.))
The flute can be read as a pun.

Wink

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:03 pm

omg Very Happy i love how it seems Lance is the only one to actually understand Petty Razz looking forward to see where this is going Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:45 pm

Amarië wrote:Weeell, add a higher pitched voice to the mix and you might have it (or a much deeper one).

((It is more the boyband idea I'm after, money machines who have nothing in common besides being put together in a band.))
Yeah, I got that. Nod I'll leave what kind of band we are completely up to the author. Very Happy

I was more trying to piece together our sound. Must take account of the voices as well, yes.

Amarië wrote:The flute can be read as a pun.

Wink
And that part I got loud and clear. Very Happy Laughing

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:30 pm

Bluebottle wrote:So if mine and Orwells deliberations are correct we might sound something like this:

Wether that is correct or just a fan theory is of course completely up to the author to decide. Nod
I saw Ian Anderson in concert a few years ago. He's great. Very Happy And he definitely knows his way around a flute. Nod
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:34 pm

Great stuff, Amarie!

Amarië wrote:All seemed to agree that this was the correct reply and returned to the debate discussion argument conversation like nothing had happened. But Ty leaned closer to Lance.
lol!
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:25 pm

Eldorion wrote:
I saw Ian Anderson in concert a few years ago.  He's great. Very Happy
Sounds nice, Eldo. Very Happy 

Not listened too much to to Jethro Tull, but a song like that does blow your socks off as one says.  

Eldorion wrote:And he definitely knows his way around a flute. Nod
Wait, you don't mean in the Ringo sense of the word do you? Suspect 

Nevermind, I'll take your word for it. Embarassed

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next