Troll's Own (probably a Fjordianlandian Conspiracy)

+11
RA
Pettytyrant101
Norc
Ringdrotten
Sinister71
Tinuviel
Eldorion
bungobaggins
halfwise
Mrs Figg
Barry S.
15 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Troll's Own (probably a Fjordianlandian Conspiracy)  Empty Troll's Own (probably a Fjordianlandian Conspiracy)

Post by Barry S. Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:23 pm

Ayup ladies and gents,

Just had a quick listen to Edward Sheerans new Hobbit Song for Desolation of Smaug. Have any of you? If so, what are your thoughts? I love it! Really sets the tone for the film.

Barry

I edited your topic name, mon Troll. Very Happy [Orwell the Blue]

Barry S.
Shireling

Back to top Go down

Troll's Own (probably a Fjordianlandian Conspiracy)  Empty Re: Troll's Own (probably a Fjordianlandian Conspiracy)

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:47 pm

hiya Stu, why didnt you just say it was you? scratch 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Troll's Own (probably a Fjordianlandian Conspiracy)  Empty Re: Troll's Own (probably a Fjordianlandian Conspiracy)

Post by halfwise Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:48 pm

We had this discussion before buried in some hobbit thread, somewhere, with a mix of reactions. Worth it's own thread, though.

My feeling is it has too much of a pop modern feeling to it; it pulls me out of the moment. Sure, a song like "Into the West" is also clearly modern, but that song didn't evoke such a clear image of some dude plucking a guitar, probably wearing a denim jacket with shades propped up on his head.

Of course it will come during the credits, so I guess with modern names scrolling in front of one, one isn't exactly in middle earth any more anyway. So it may work fine.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:55 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:hiya Stu, why didnt you just say it was you? scratch 
If not Stuart from Bree, maybe he borrowed it from him. Never seen that greeting anywhere else. Wink 

So Barry, can you give us the derivation of "Ayup"? Only one guy we know in about a half dozen forums uses it...maybe he's not alone; maybe you are cluing us in to a heretofore unknown subculture. Are there special holiday dishes and oddly worn scarves involved? Do tell! bounce 

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry S. Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:16 pm

It's just northern. It's a common known greeting.

Barry S.
Shireling

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:34 pm

British or stateside?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:18 pm

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ayup

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:22 pm

As for the song, I actually like the song. Shrugging 

But it makes me a little uncomfortable liking it when I saw people on torn and other sites react to it. I had never heard of Ed Sheeran before, and a lot of people were acting like he was the British Justin Bieber or something. And I'm thinking to myself, "Is it okay for me to like this song if his target demo is 13 year old girls?" Stupid thought to have, I know, but it just kind of got to me.

As for how it will work at the end credits? Eh, I don't know. That's the whole point of the song really, and we don't know what kind of note the movie will end on. Shrugging 

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry S. Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:16 pm

Agreed. Great point!

Barry S.
Shireling

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:27 pm

I think the song sounds nice. I'd never heard of Ed Sheeran before and have listened to only a couple of his other songs out of curiosity (I don't think they're quite my thing), but it's a good song. I'm not sure how fitting it will feel as the ending song, but I don't think I'll be able to say for sure until I've seen the film and the song starts playing in the theatre. If it feels immediately jarring and takes me out of the Middle-earth mindset, I'll know then. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:37 pm

its ok but nothing special
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:15 pm

Ed Sheeran is NOT in any way shape or form similar to Justin Beiber. He's more of an Indie artist than anything, becoming popular last year for his song "A-Team" which is beautifully written and sang. I have several friends who love his music because of his lyrics. I love the song, I've bought it an listened to it multiple times. Does it make me want to pull my hair out because of what it's referring to? Yes. And quite frankly, this type of song is what these types of movies deserve. There isn't anything really beautiful or sad about the Hobbit as there was about LOTR, rather haunting seems the dominant theme.

Troll's Own (probably a Fjordianlandian Conspiracy)  Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:39 pm

Eldorion wrote:I think the song sounds nice.  I'd never heard of Ed Sheeran before and have listened to only a couple of his other songs out of curiosity (I don't think they're quite my thing), but it's a good song.  I'm not sure how fitting it will feel as the ending song, but I don't think I'll be able to say for sure until I've seen the film and the song starts playing in the theatre.  If it feels immediately jarring and takes me out of the Middle-earth mindset, I'll know then. Razz
I have to agree Eldo I actually love the song esp considering it was written within a very few minutes after seeing the final cut of the film. Being a musician myself it takes skill to do that and give it an emotional impact like "I See Fire" has. As just a song it does have a very emotional feel to it, And I love the song on its own but as it pertains to the film I don't know yet until I see it in the theater. I did look up some of his other works, "Drunk", "Small Bump", and "Give Me Love", "Lego House", and "The A Team".... Honestly he seems like a one trick pony with a mellow top 40/ Indie vibe. Not really my thing but I admit the guy does have some talent for writing emotional mellow pop music. But then again we are talking about Peter Jackson trying to appeal to the masses consisting mainly of the late teen early 20's demographic.

But as far as "I See Fire", I do think it is a great song in its own right. I'm just gonna have to wait and see how it relates to the film. But since Jackson never puts scenes after the credits i can leave if I feel it doesn't fit Saucy Wink

Personally they could throw some Old Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, or Iron Maiden over the credits of the Hobbit and I would love it Metal Metal Metal Metal Metal Metal 
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:54 pm

I've decided not to listen to it before I see it in the film, don't want to risk ruining it (if that's even a possibility). Will come back to this thread sometime in December Nod

Troll's Own (probably a Fjordianlandian Conspiracy)  Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:40 pm

this song would be my choice for the Hobbit.

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:11 am

wait a minute.. he said "ayup"! so it's u, stuart, u fucking whalecunt! damn you are a total horsedick! no wonder it smelled fishy of u from a fucking long way. well, fuck u. fuck u hard and long with those great planks with rusty nails in them. u gigantic, effing troll! damn. of u are stu, than fuck u! and i frankly don't give a fuck if this gets me banned or deleted or whatever, u called me loads of shit words and i fucking had enough, u stinking little codfish!

and if people wanna know where this effing comes from! (not to mention all the other fucking nasty shit you've come up with under you're different troll-aliases)
Nice to meet you too. I take it its illegal to upset Dorc then ? Oh dear... 
Nice Intelligent response Dorc.

Why don't you Shut the fuck up yourself and go back to school like the Little child you are.

Pretentious Twat.
u fucking fucktart! no way i am gonna give u any fucking welcome u dick!

this is actually it for me. fuck u. fuck this forum. fuck everything. 

i am out.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:15 am

And now he is banned Norc- and will remain banned I can assure you- dont let a troll ruin your time on the forum, thats how they win.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:16 am

Were those private messages? And don't leave us Norc, don't want to have to make a new awards category "Most Missed" Wink

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:18 am

he's a fucking load of dicks! i am actually really angry now, and it is probably his wanted reaction, but i can't help wanting to effing strangle that shit! what a fucking pathetic little shit! i guess he can't have a very interesting life if he has to fucking boost his massive ego online.

faens jævla fettlørv!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:20 am

Ringdrotten wrote:Were those private messages? And don't leave us Norc, don't want to have to make a new awards category "Most Missed" Wink
no, they were public, it was that dick feanorsomething. and my BRILLIANT response got fucking deleted by someone here, not naming, cus u know who u are. and all that nasty shit gundulf/smaug -shit (there were two threads here that petty/eldo deleted) where he called me a cunt and etc.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:21 am

The whole "ayup" thing was brought up on the first page and apparently it's a common phrase in Northern England. Shrugging I recall when Stuart posted those messages on the forum though; I don't think I was online during the immediate aftermath but you had (and have) every right to be pissed off about it.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:24 am

i am almost even more pissed off that my response got fucking deleted! that i actually didn't get to answer for myself. 

damn what a bag of shit. and fuck. i guess you'll always encounter idiots and morons and fucking idiotic morons who seem unable to look back at the fucking trail of shit after them because of their inability to wipe their own arses.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:25 am

Besides I here by ban you Norc, from leaving the forum because if you think I am redoing the stuff Ive already done for the awards ceremony that features you as well as everyone else you've another bloody thing coming!! Evil or Very Mad 
So you have to stay and thats that. Nod

edit add- "idiotic morons who seems unable to look back at the fucking trail of shit after them because of their inability to whipe their own arses."- Norc

That is sheer crabbit poetry Norc, there are tears in my eyes.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:26 am

Well, nevermind such nameless nobodies. People who consider it OK to insult another person's personality without even daring to use their own name aren't worth much in my book.

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:28 am

thanx guys. i guess you're right. but still, what a fettlørv (love that word.. can't think of anything worse). i am not leaving, ok.. (damn.. petty wouldn't want to make u more crabbit) but i am going to bed. good night.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next