Ringdrotten
Pettytyrant101
leelee
19 posters

Page 12 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next

Go down

CUISINE - Page 12 Empty Re: CUISINE

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:43 am

Fucking hell Sin- thats grim. Im afraid this is the sort of thing that would put me off the States to live in, you have so many gun even chickens in your own garden aren't safe.

I hope you get the bastards.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:49 am

I don't have an issue with guns I love my guns but it's ignorant idiots like the one who shot my duck in a residential neighborhood that pisses me off. I mean I'm trained on gun safety and know how to handle myself with one. If I wan't duck for dinner I'll have it. BUT whomever shot her just shot her it hit her right leg and up through her muscle by her wing. Definitely not a killing shot which means whomever fired the gun at her has no clue what they are doing. Not to mention it's a type of duck that is solely domesticated here. They don't look the same as a wild duck. It's just one more reason why I dislike people

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:58 am

I mean I'm trained on gun safety and know how to handle myself with one.- Sin

My problem there Sin is, that whilst I don't for a moment doubt you, when I look about my own country, at the petty crime that goes on, vandalism, harassment, gangs, drunken stabbings, and then there's the unseen stuff thats always seeming to be going on; domestic abuse behind the curtains, child abuse, blackmail, occasional murder and the like- it occurs to me that folks like you might be outnumbered by at least 10-1 by the worlds fuckwits.

And you live in a country where the fuckwits are all armed.

That doesn't seem a good idea to me.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:01 am

that is why I am armed LOL

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:07 am

That must be American irony!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:26 am

I grew up around guns my whole life so they for me are just a part of life. I was shooting handguns and rifles at the age of 9 or 10. So its just a way of life for me. It's sad that all these idiots in america make us all seem like a bunch of shoot em up happy rednecks. but yeah it is Ironic that I have guns to protect me from the morons who don't know any better and give gun owners a bad rap. That and I enjoy target shooting, gets a lot of the days stress out.

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:48 am

I have no issue with their proper use, we used to shoot rabbits to eat when we were camping with the scouts, 2.2 rifles. Couldn't do that these days mind you. Guns are illegal here, you even need a license for an air gun (after some moron shot a baby in a pram with one and killed it) .
But thats not to say there aren't guns. Certain people are allowed to have them for their profession- farmers, games keepers and the like.
And you are allowed to hold a gun for sporting purposes- that requires a license, membership of a registered gun club and regular unannounced spot checks to see that the weapon is being stored in the appropriate locked up gun cabinet you said it would be with the ammo kept locked up somewhere separately.
And each weapon can have its own subset of rules, for example-

'Shot gun cartridges containing five or more shot, none of which exceeds .36 inch in diameter, which can only be purchased on production of a Shot Gun Certificate.'

And there are guns on licensed shooting estates, for grouse season- big part of our tourist trade at that time of year.

And I cant help but wondering if this approach might explain why there has been 1 massacre in the last 60 years involving a firearm in a school here, and in the same 60 years there have been 73 in America, thats more than one a year, even taking into account population difference thats a lot- add in malls, gangs, domestic homicides- its not that I think everyone should have guns taken away from them- its just that I think making it so easy for everyone to have a gun is not a good idea.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:56 am

I have no gun, nor do I need one as only cops, security companies, some farmers have them around me. Criminals too - but generally they shoot each other. Not totally gun-crime free here, but close enough for my liking. Guns turn too many cowards into killers.

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:13 am

People, people. Let's stick to matters of importance.

CUISINE - Page 12 552x300_Toasted_Muffin_Salmon_Eggs

(Kidding. Carry on. Sofa )

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:25 pm

I love to drench my cooking in olive oil (and garlic of course), this entertaining video is a wake-up call, I suppose. Razz

BTW, a recent study has shown that close to 70% of extra virgin olive oil sold in supermarkets in the US is highly adulterated, even to the point of being completely fake. Most of the questionable stuff comes from Europe; california brands are safer. Of the major EVO brands, Pompeian seems to be pure. All the other big brands (Bertolli, Colavita, etc) are adulterated.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:29 pm

Yeah, I remember them doing a test about that here, and experts put 2/3 of the extra virgin brands at only virgin quality or less.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:34 pm

It's worse than that: other oils are mixed in, chlorophyll and other flavorings are added. All of this would be fine if labelled as an oil blend, but instead it says extra virgin olive oil.

Some of the fakes could not be told apart from EVOO even by professional olive oil tasters. That's how well it's done. Probably largely harmless, but still fraudulent.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:19 pm

Wow. Shocked Well, I guess everything is bigger in America. Even olive oil mislabeling problems.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:27 pm

Reposting for new page in case anyone wonders what were talking about.

halfwise wrote:I love to drench my cooking in olive oil (and garlic of course), this entertaining video is a wake-up call, I suppose. Razz

BTW, a recent study has shown that close to 70% of extra virgin olive oil sold in supermarkets in the US is highly adulterated, even to the point of being completely fake.  Most of the questionable stuff comes from Europe; california brands are safer.  Of the major EVO brands, Pompeian seems to be pure.  All the other big brands (Bertolli, Colavita, etc) are adulterated.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:56 pm

Bluebottle wrote:Wow. Shocked Well, I guess everything is bigger in America. Even olive oil mislabeling problems.

I think it's just as bad in Europe: remember, most of the fraudulent oil was from European companies.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:29 am

True, though us being in the eea and not the eu keeps us kind of seperate. And if you actually get a proper product, the mediterranean is still the heartland of olive oil production.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by leelee Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:07 am

I made a Thai dinner with cashews and plenty of beg.It was comforting and I had strong Italian coffee with it.
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:47 pm

Sushi. bounce

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:54 pm

it should be ok if its got DOP written on the bottle.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:04 am

So I have a friend who is a vegetarian (although she eats fish), except for one day a year where she eats meat, which she has termed Meat Day.  (The following day is unofficially termed indigestion day. Razz)  She has a party at her house where everyone brings meat dishes.  I made meatballs as well as sauce and brought little rolls to eat as mini-meatball subs, which went over pretty well based on how few I had left, despite making a ton.  The friend who hosted made a really tasty ham, and there were a few other people who had inventive ways of incorporating meat into dishes, including cookies with bacon set into the icing and kale sauteed in bacon grease. Laughing It's a fun little emerging tradition. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:54 pm

Sounds a good deal for all of you. She get's her Meat Day, and the rest of you get to eat meat all year and yet have Meat Day too. Nod

Although..

Eldorion wrote:including cookies with bacon set into the icing and kale sauteed in bacon grease. Laughing

Shocked

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:37 pm

The recent American fad of bacon with sweets is just wrong. Much as I love bacon, I will never ever buy into this cultural abomination.

(though the Turkish preparation of chicken pastry dusted with cinnamon and sugar works quite well.)

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:33 pm

I would say the same..

Although bacon and blueberry jam on pancakes is amazing.         CUISINE - Page 12 Drool

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:53 pm

I do find it a little weird, but it's not that different than bacon with breakfast, as Blue points out. The cookies didn't have very much bacon on them though, and they were really good on their own. Thumbs Up
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:12 pm

Yeah, though we don't have pancakes for breakfast here really. (Dinner, rather.) But it does show there is something to say for the combination. Nod

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum