MacPetty- the Scottish Play. A Forumshire Tragedy.

+9
gray gundulf
odo banks
Eldorion
Norc
Mrs Figg
halfwise
RA
Orwell
Pettytyrant101
13 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

MacPetty- the Scottish Play. A Forumshire Tragedy. - Page 6 Empty Re: MacPetty- the Scottish Play. A Forumshire Tragedy.

Post by halfwise Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:48 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote:
Pettytyrant101 wrote:I'm afraid all the newcomers only get bit parts really, until you have been on the forum for me long enough to get to know you well enough to start taking the piss that is. Very Happy 
Sounds like I'll have to start working on building up a forum identity.
Now where to find a good role model to follow after...

Norc wrote:Fuck You
Aha! There we go.
lol!  And I mean that literally.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

MacPetty- the Scottish Play. A Forumshire Tragedy. - Page 6 Empty Re: MacPetty- the Scottish Play. A Forumshire Tragedy.

Post by halfwise Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:49 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote:
Norc wrote:Rolling Eyes oh.. look at this ignorant adult specimen..
omg yes how diffucolt can it be to und3rstnd b@sic tiping sklls like whut we yung peeps havelolsrsly getover it

f u 2

Razz 

cheers  Dammit, that's twice in a row, FS!

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:57 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Well you did- I mean where did all the u's go?

color spells col-or, not colour. flavor spells flav-or, not flavour. And its not even like you just got difficult ones wrong, I mean how the hell can you manage to spell grey wrong Mad 
Well, what good were those u's doing? Nada. Not pronounced, not even changing the sound as in 'pronounce'. Actually if we Yanks do what we should that ce at the end will be replaced with a single s, for come to think of it that e in this particular case is actually doing nothing. The language gets all the nonsensical parts worn off with time, or it would if you Brits would ever let go of it.

Sorry, that was "What goode were the u's doing?"

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:55 pm

Dropping a few u's here and there is just a desperate attempt to pretend you've got a different language than the Brits.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:02 pm

Weren't you around for the 'biscuit' discussion? Suspect

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:40 pm

I kinda skipped it. Made me hungry. But surely you mean biscit?

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:53 pm

Laughing 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:56 pm

give it time, give it time.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:06 pm

it's like the nynorsk/bokmål war.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:39 pm

halfwise wrote:Well, what good were those u's doing?  Nada.  Not pronounced, not even changing the sound as in 'pronounce'. Actually if we Yanks do what we should that ce at the end will be replaced with a single s, for come to think of it that e in this particular case is actually doing nothing.  The language gets all the nonsensical parts worn off with time, or it would if you Brits would ever let go of it.

Sorry, that was "What goode were the u's doing?"
The extraneous U's are pointless and I don't miss them, but I resolutely spell grey with an E no matter how many times my word processor tries to tell me I'm wrong (although most of them seem to accept either version these days).
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:02 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:...(And not one any of my mates would appreciate Evil or Very Mad )
Oh I don't know, Petty. Have any of your mates tried it? Very Happy 

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:05 pm

Norc wrote:it's like the nynorsk/bokmål war.
That's exactly waht I was thinking, Norc. Nod

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:06 pm

[quote="Eldorion"]
halfwise wrote:The extraneous U's are pointless and I don't miss them, but I resolutely spell grey with an E no matter how many times my word processor tries to tell me I'm wrong (although most of them seem to accept either version these days).
Is that you being anal, Eldo, or just a might peevish? Very Happy 

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:07 pm

Edit: sorry - that should be miught... Razz 

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:12 pm

I just had a revelation! English and American-English are like hand crafted goods and two-dollar shop goods. More people buy two-dollar shop goods than the more pricey quality goods, and that's what makes the American cheapening of language right. I mean, might in numbers makes right full stop, doesn't it?  Just a thoght, I miught be wroung. Saucy Wink

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:43 pm

Banghead 

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6