Pettytyrant101
Orwell
Kafria
halfwise
bungobaggins
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What's your adult beverage of choice? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's your adult beverage of choice?

Post by halfwise Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:31 pm

Lancebloke wrote:Well, not sure about you Scothobbits (and who really is?) but Cola doesn't come on the kids only menu here!

It bloody well doesn't belong on the kid's menu. That stuff will kill you more surely than alcohol, assuming you don't drink and drive. Have you any idea how much sugar is in it??

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

What's your adult beverage of choice? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's your adult beverage of choice?

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:39 pm

Oh, you tried? Good for you.- Halfy

I thought I'd pm'ed you about that scratch might have just thought I had! drunken 

I made enquiries at the post office, being a prudent Scotshobbit initially to find out how much it was going to cost me and therefore what mark up I could get away with when passing the bill on to you, did I say that last bit out-loud? Suspect  drunken 
Anyway when I told them what I wanted to send it was frowny faces all round I'm afraid. Something about some silly laws you lot have regarding caffiene to alcohol content I gather. Seems there is rather to much of both (there is 37.5 mg of caffeine to every 100ml and its 15% alcohol) Shrugging 

(Although I should point out that the Forumshire buckie differs in two respects, firstly it also has 0,001% Miruvor, and secondly at the order of the Queen queen , also comes in rasberry flavour)

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:40 pm

"Have you any idea how much sugar is in it??" - Halfwise

Roughly the same amount as in orange juice. Granted, the sugar in orange juice is mostly fructose, but too much fructose isn't very healthy either. For the record I don't drink Cola or other types of soda myself (except when I'm asked to dinner somewhere and get it served - one doesn't want to be the rude guest Very Happy), I just felt a little like playing the devil's advocate Twisted Evil 

Edit: Fixed smileys Very Happy

What's your adult beverage of choice? - Page 2 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:47 pm

Is Buckfast the real name of Buckie, Petty? In Norway there is a chain of stores called "Vinmonopolet" (The Wine Monopoly), which is, quote wikipedia, " a government-owned alcoholic beverage retailer and the only company allowed to sell beverages containing an alcohol content higher than 4.75% in Norway.". The good thing about this is that you can make orders from other countries, and most of the time they are very helpful. I could ask them to order me a few bottles of buckie, I just need the real name and whatever other details that might prove useful/necessary to place such an order. So back to my question, it's Buckfast, right? Smile

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:50 pm

Buckfast Tonic Wine ( Laughing sorry that last bit gets me every time) and make sure its the green bottle.

Drink with extreme caution your first bottle. Then for a fuller effect risk  going more for broke on the next one- and  I am not to blame if you wake up unable to recall anything in a police cell- but dont panic either, this is a perfectly normal place to awaken after the first time drinking buckie Nod

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:54 pm

I'll ask and see if it's possible to place an order, would be fun to finally try it after three or four years worth of legends and tales Very Happy

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:56 pm

Best drink whilst singing the buckie song-

What do ye get when ye drink the wine?
A ten pound fine an'a year's probation,
A kick in the baws at the polis station.
AWWWwwwww, never drink the wine again!
AWWWwwwww, never drink the wine again!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:12 pm

Very Happy I think I'll have to dust off my harmonica and refresh my Flower of Scotland skills - love that song, and it should go well with some Buckie Very Happy

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:17 pm

Here to help (although not on the harmonica)

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:30 pm

Almost made me want to watch football Very Happy

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:53 pm

Guinness Extra Cold, Carlsberg Lager, Budweiser, a nice fruit Cider such as Koppaberg or Magners's or White Wine of any sort.

I'm not fussy.

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:32 pm

?? is buckie.. not like beer, but stronger or?? i might try and get hold of a bottle too Shrugging just to try it out Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:23 pm

do you want to grow hairs on your chest?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:27 pm

I like vodka (shots or with tonic water). White wine as long as it's on the sweeter side. For beer I like New Glarus (haven't had it in ages though). 

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:39 pm

is buckie.. not like beer- Norc

Buckie is technically wine.* In much the same manner the Hindenburgs paint job was technically rocket fuel. Nod 

*But you dont drink it like wine, out of a glass, in sips. You drink it from the bottle as if it were beer.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:51 pm

Norc, don't do it. You seem like a relatively smart girl with prospects and potential. Don't take the route that Petty did. Just say 'NO.'
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:13 pm

Don't take the route that Petty did. Just say 'NO.'- Lance

Actually, in fairness, that is good advice. My guide to success would read 'do the opposite of everything Ive ever done!'

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2