Pettytyrant101
Lancebloke
18 posters

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

The Great Forumshire Story - Page 16 Empty Re: The Great Forumshire Story

Post by Lancebloke Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:42 pm

'You never did like to keep up with the times, did you David?'

David didn't look up. He knew the voice, although he hadn't heard it in a long time.

'The old ways are always the best,' he said, picking another small red fruit from the low bush, inspecting it before delicately putting it in one of the wicker baskets next to him.

'Old ways? I thought water harvesting was invented in the sixties?'

'Cranberry farming has been going on a little longer that fifty years son,' replied David with a wry smile the was just visible below the rim of his green hat.

'Well, you may be right about the old ways being the best. I need your help.'

David picked another berry and rolled it between his fingers.

'The kids not working out too well for you?'

'They are learning but I think they may be a little out of their depth on this one.'

'What sort of depth are we talking about?'

'AZRIEL deep.'

The berry was now static between his fingers as he paused for a moment.

'So, she is back?'

'Nothing confirmed yet, but it is starting to seem that way.'

'And have your told your kids everything or are they in their blind?'

'They know as much as they have needed to so far. We have been chasing rumours and shadows so far. But I am convinced it is her now. Some of the old players are back in the game.'

David said nothing.

'I have a team in Macau. I am hoping to get confirmation tonight.'

David gently placed the berry in the basket and stood up. While he was be no means a large man, his frame showed the strength gathered through many years of hard labour.

'I suppose it was only a matter on time before you needed me to show those rookies a thing or two.'

'You would probably be surprised at what they are all capable of.'

'Maybe, but nothing beats experience. You know that, it's why you are here.'

'I am here because the odds aren't in their favour and because I can trust you David.'

'But we failed last time around. What makes you think we can stop her for good this time?'

'We have to.'

Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:21 pm

cheers study great stuff
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:14 pm

I LOVE this story!!! cheers cheers cheers 

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:49 pm

I'm sorry that it took me a couple of days to catch up on this, because your story is great, Lance! Very Happy I know you have other writing projects as well but I hope you'll continue updating this one.  I'm really curious to find out more about the mysteries and setting. study
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:37 pm

i fell off this story long ago.. i should catch up Embarassed
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:44 pm

Do iiiiiiit!
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:50 pm

i wiiiiiill! just.. not right now.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:47 pm

The lobby of the Hotel Sintra was as alive with activity as the streets outside. People of all colours, shapes and sizes moved to and from the elevators, across the black and white marble floor and through the large, glass doors while onlookers queued at the large wooden check in desk or waited for the concierge at his small green desk flanked by huge floor to ceiling mirrors.

Agent Eldorion thumbed through a small brochure detailing the transformation of the city from a small Portuguese colony in to the 'Entertainment Capital of Asia' from the comfort of a small, leather chair that filled it's place between several other lining the wall opposite the entrance. It had been nearly an hour since Agent Lee had walked through the lobby and headed directly to the elevator.

He wondered how she would find anyone in a building of this size and with the hundreds of customers that would be basing themselves there. But then she had managed to find Agent Figg somehow.

Another half an hour came and went. Eldorion had tried to keep half an eye on people in the lobby to see if there were any persistent lurkers while at the same time trying to not look like one himself. An hour and a half reading leaflets, however, isn't something that the average tourist in Macau would get up to. The more time went by, the more he felt out of place. The more out of place he felt, the more he tried to look normal which probably wasn't helping.

It was now approaching midnight. No large entourage of people had come in since he had been sitting there, suggesting either their targets had not arrived or they had, more likely, entered through a different entrance.

Eldorion surveyed the room again, as he did, he caught the eye of a the bell boy that had been holding one of the large glass doors for the endless stream of people going in and out of the hotel. He had obviously noticed one of the hotels customers sitting for there for a very long time. He threw a wry smile as he began walking in Eldorion's direction.

Attention was the last thing that Agent Eldo had wanted. The bell boy was only a few feet away when a scream stopped him in his tracks. It had emanated from the direction of the elevators. Both of them looked over as the crowd of people that had been waiting parted.

Eldorion stood up craning his neck to see what the fuss was about. A figure was darting across the lobby toward the doors as the space opened up in front of it. A door swung open forcing the crowd apart, leaving a small gap for him to look through. There, holding the door with one hand, was Agent Lee. Her other hand was holding her shoulder and was covered in bright red blood.

Eldorion started toward her just as another commotion came from the direction of the elevators. He looked back to see five large men barging their way through the crowd that had closed up behind Lee. He remembered her words before they had parted ways.

'... whatever you do, do not acknowledge me. Not on the way in or at any point, no matter what is happening...'

He wondered what he could possibly do in this situation to help. She had now disappeared from sight and was making her way through the crowds outside. The commotion inside had at least given her an extra few seconds.

Once the men had followed out of the door, Eldorion headed out himself as the tourists reviewed their camera footage and gossiped between themselves. He had no idea what to do next other than call in. Hopefully the boss would know what to do.

Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:33 pm

pale  uh-oh!
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:18 pm

Excellent stuff Lance, keep it coming. (and less gaps between parts if possible please as I find I have to go back to the previous bit to refresh my memory of where things were, and what with the buckie memory and all... drunken )

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:25 pm

I know. I have to do that too. Was gonna try and hardcore it tonight and see if I can finish it then just post chapters until its done.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:13 pm

My only complaint is that, like Petty, I want more. Very Happy I really love the real world spy setting with Forumshire characters. Nod
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:16 pm

Yesssss, more! So loving this! Very Happy

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:37 pm

i feel so bad. .. i've fallen behind on every story here D: this and petty's and old Anon's ... it feels so rude D: sorry guys
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:00 pm

Agent Figg stared through the thick glass in front of her. She barely noticed the hues of orange and red creeping across the sky, emanating from a single point just over the horizon. Instead she focused on the twinkling lights that were still shining brightly against the black silhouettes cast by the mountains beyond the city.

'Still nothing,' said a voice from behind.

'Amarie, you've been at it for three hours,' replied another.

'She must have turned her phone off or something,' said Amarie, clearly ignoring the comment.

Figg turned around, surveying the large suite they had been assigned. Amarie was sitting at a small table not far from the window. She was bent over a silver laptop and had been trying to track Agent Lee's mobile phone, first through its GPS locator and then via the local cell phone networks.

Across the room was a large sitting area. Agent Nora had taken the sofa with the intention of grabbing a few hours sleep after a long and uncomfortable flight. Her plan had taken a turn after Amarie had returned from finding Eldorion wandering the streets of the city looking for a sign from Agent Lee.

Surprisingly, Nora hadn't taken her usual tone with him. Maybe it was because everyone else had been dealing with their own issues, but this time she had actually attempted to comfort him in her own way. And she actually seemed genuinely worried.

'Looks like the boss has called everyone in for this,' said Eldorion, returning from the bedroom.

'We gonna have more company?' asked Nora.

'Yep, apparently someone he used to work as a field agent with a while back. Apparently he is the best.'

'Well, we could always do with evening up the numbers,' said Amarie, finally looking up from her screen. 'I've felt outgunned ever since I was pulled in.'

'Talking of guns, Elthir has called in some favours with the Chinese government. It seems they want this dealt with as soon as possible and have agreed to let to lend us some hardware.'

'The Chinese have agreed to something,' said Nora.

'They know we are a lot further down the route with this than they would be if they picked it up now. And they want these people gone.'

'That wasn't a question Eldo,' laughed Nora. 'But thanks for the explanation. I just want the guns.'

Agent Figg let out a small giggle as she watched the two of them.

'The fuck are you laughing at,' asked Nora?

'Nothing,' she replied, giving a quick wink.

'Go back to your window, I liked you better when you shut up.'

'I got something,' shouted Amarie. 'I got Lee's cell phone on the local network.'

'Where is it at,' asked Eldorion, crossing the room toward her.

Figg jumped as the pocket in her trousers began to vibrate. She reached down and pulled out her phone.

'Looks like she is trying to make a call,' Amarie continued as she looked over her glasses at the screen. 'Triangulating her position now.'

Figg looked down at her screen.

'Ermm guys,' she said.

'Hold on Figg, I've nearly got her.'

Every else in the room was concentrating on the laptop screen. Agent Figg slid her finger across the screen to answer the phone and pushed the button to activate the loud speaker.

'Agent Lee,' she said. 'Where are you?'

The three other agents took a second to react before realising what had just been said.

'Ahh, Agent Lee is it,' said a digitized, male voice. 'The only noise she made when we questioned her was a very guttural screaming sound.'

Although Agent Figg had only spent a brief time with Lee, that had been following her life being saved. The thought of one of her fellow agents being tortured tested her temperament.

'Who is this and what is it that you want?'

'Not biting then Agent Figg. Well done. Who am I? Well, that doesn't really matter does it. But what do I want? That is the important question as it seems you have recently taken something of ours.'

'And what exactly is that,' she said, looking at Agent Nora. They both knew exactly what the man was talking about.

'Not so well done this time.'

The speaker crackled as the phone attempted to translate a particularly piercing scream across the airwaves. The man was still in the same room as Agent Lee.

'Don't try to antagonise me Agent Figg. There is already a large pool of blood underneath your friends chair.'

At that moment, she wanted nothing more than to slam the phone against a wall and hunt the man down. She looked up at Nora who clearly wanted the same thing. Even Amarie was gritting her teeth.

'Okay,' she replied closing her eyes to try and shut off at least one of her senses. 'I have what you want and you have your bargaining chip. What do we do about it?'

'That's better. I will text your phone in the next few hours with a time and location. You, and you alone, will bring the device to that location and we will exchange. If you deviate from that plan, I will make sure the next time you see your friend here will be on the local news.'

'I don't have the device with me, you have to give me time to get it here.'

'Then you better hurry up Agent Figg.'

The line clicked as the connection terminated. The room was silent.

'I got a location,' said Amarie after a few seconds. Her voice seemed to set off Nora who threw a glass she had left on the table. Small pieces of the shattered glass bounced across the marble floor as she stormed out of the room. Eldorion followed her out.

'Good job Am,' said Figg as she returned to the window. 'Keep a note of it, it may come in useful at some point.'

The sun glistened off of the calm waters of the bay. Cars twenty stories below criss-crossed the various roads as locals and tourists went about their business with their own little world of problems. Only one thing popped in to her mind, the face of Tyrant as she stopped Agent Lee from killing him only a few days before. Was he there? Was he living up to his reputation and enjoying the screams, or causing them? Did she make the wrong decision in letting him live?
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:59 am

Excellent stuff Lance, that was a great read again,
Spoiler:
Thumbs Up

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:53 pm

wow that was cool, great tension. Thumbs Up 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:12 pm

Thanks all.

I am going to be inserting a few more characters as we get toward the end of my short story (just in time for Forumshire awards season). If you can think of anyone that would be good, drop me a PM and i'll see where I can fit them in (bear in mind it is hard to fit some people in because their Forumshire name doesn't go well with this kind of story...)
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:15 pm

just in time for the awards? Suspect 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:56 pm

Yep. You don't think I am writing for the fans do you....?

Laughing 
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:16 pm

The Great Forumshire Story - Page 16 Ddb19daac5c3b96faf1ba130059f7b1f_zpsd3c2d622
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:35 pm

Damn Figgy, you and your Sheldon GIFs are giving the Norc/Benny combo a run for their money. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:03 pm

Smugdog 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:20 pm

What in the blue hell is that? A dog?
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:30 pm

It's smug dog!  From the original "deal with it" GIF.

The Great Forumshire Story - Page 16 KaKzykE
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next