David H
Ally
halfwise
Lancebloke
CC12 35
19 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [3] - Page 22 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit! [3]

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:17 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:If you are an EU domiciled, full-time first degree student you should be eligible to have your tuition fees to be paid by the Scottish Government through the Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS).

Post-graduate study
EU and international applicants who wish to find information regarding course fees should contact the institution(s) they are interested in applying to directly. Details of Scotland’s 19 universities can be found on the Study in Scotland website.

Scholarships
There is a range of international student scholarships and awards available for studying in Scotland covering all levels from undergraduate to PhD. For more information, visit the Scholarships section of the TalentScotland website.

thanks for the info Petty, I looked at the courses available and there are still fees of 5000 and at St. Andrews the fees are 14,000 a YEAR. mind you its really posh, isnt that where Prince William went? I am too late for this year, maybe I could apply for next year. Perhaps theres more chance of getting a scholarship in Scotland I would have to look into it.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [3] - Page 22 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit! [3]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:18 pm

Yeah St Andrews is pretty posh- but we have a lot of Uni's for the size of country, there is plenty of choice.
A scholarship might be the way to go.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:02 am

Fuck it!!

Fuck fuck fuck!!!!!!

Just got comfortable (as much as is possible) on the train, reached down for my morning ribena (again, all that the little cafe sells) and it wasnt there.

Train starts to move when I notice the little purple carton sitting on the bench outside, all lonely and afraid. Wonder if it will find its way home.

Sad
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:05 am

I'm not sure what's better for you as a morning wake-up drink: coffee, or flavored sugar water? Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:14 am

I hate coffee!

The little cafe does hot drinks but the weather has been to hot and humid to be having one of those. 

I dont eat breakfast at home since I cant pallet anything that early. Just need a little throat lubrication for the train journey.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:52 am

bloody earthquakes. I was lying in bed minding my own buisness and the bloody furniture starts shaking, the whole bloody house starts shaking. not nice, it was bigger than last time .Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:54 am

Lancebloke wrote:Fuck it!!

Fuck fuck fuck!!!!!!

Just got comfortable (as much as is possible) on the train, reached down for my morning ribena (again, all that the little cafe sells) and it wasnt there.

Train starts to move when I notice the little purple carton sitting on the bench outside, all lonely and afraid. Wonder if it will find its way home.

Sad

I think you have pissed off the Ribena Pixie, they are triksy little buggers
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:00 pm

Hope you are only shaken, not stirred Mrs Figg. Shocked

And Lance this sort of thing just doesnt happen with buckie you know.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:03 pm

fuck it was a big one, 5 on the Richter scale, all North Italy was shaken, from Milan downwards.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:05 pm

This is why I keep my barrel in a sensible country where such things are not allowed to happen on the grounds it would spill everyones buckie and chaos would ensue.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:09 pm

amen to that. Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:25 pm

Did it do much damage Mrs Figg? 6.8 is the largest quake I've experienced, and it damaged some old masonry buildings beyond repair. I'd hate to think what such a quake could do to the wonderful old structures in Italy.pale
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:32 pm

Im still surprised why people stay in volatile parts of America, or anywhere reallly ? If the place is prone to earthquakes, why stay ? I havnt experianced an earthquake but, I can imagine the sadness of loss, the fear of loved ones being injured, etc, So why stay ? Must go deeper than I can understand. Hope your ok Mrs Figg !

Things that are making you crabbit! [3] - Page 22 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Things that are making you crabbit! [3] - Page 22 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:50 pm

It's not such a risk as you might think Azriel. During the Nisqually Earthquake of 2001 that I mentioned there were fewer accidents than on a typical day. The only loss of life were a couple traffic accidents related to the quake, but overall the traffic accidents went way down, probably because everybody pulled over and stopped while the quake was happening, then drove really carefully! Violent crime was almost nonexistent that day!

I guess it's like the weather: you get used to it and it's not so bad. Actually I bet the danger and hardship of a cold winter is 1000 times greater than the danger from earthquake or volcano.  Yet I think Mrs Figg and the Ozhobbits are the only folks here with the sense to move to a warm climate!Laughing
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:58 pm

Lancebloke wrote:Fuck it!!

Fuck fuck fuck!!!!!!

Sad

i have on idea what a riben is, but that's the saddest story ever Sad
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:00 pm

azriel wrote:Im still surprised why people stay in volatile parts of America, or anywhere reallly ? If the place is prone to earthquakes, why stay ? I havnt experianced an earthquake but, I can imagine the sadness of loss, the fear of loved ones being injured, etc, So why stay ? Must go deeper than I can understand. Hope your ok Mrs Figg !
would you move from where you called home? it's not that easy.. i know people here live in mortal danger of avalanches every year, but they still live there, it's their home.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:00 pm

btw, hope ur okay and not too shaken by the earthquake, Figgy Nod
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:27 pm

I agree with you actually Norc, if you love where you are nothing can change your mind ! I reacted quickly, thinking of the fear people go through, You sometimes never know when anything awful is gonna happen ?! Nature has a habit of sneaking up on you.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:39 pm

Norc - ribena is a blackcurrant based drink. I wonder if its okay....
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:23 pm

yeah, true Azriel, but one is placed-bound. i know i wanna see different parts of the world and live other places, but i am certain i will in the end end up here, so even though it would be risky, avalanches earthquakes etc., i wouldn't think of that at all, because i have my roots here. deep roots are not reach by the frost right?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:33 pm

wise words Norc, Home IS where your heart is Nod

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:51 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:bloody earthquakes. I was lying in bed minding my own buisness and the bloody furniture starts shaking, the whole bloody house starts shaking. not nice, it was bigger than last time . Shocked

Hope you're okay, Mrs Figg. I've only ever been in a single earthquake but it was 5.8. Pretty freaky, but fortunately the most severe damage it caused was they had to close the Washington Monument for repairs.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:53 pm

cheers guys, yep everything is still in one place. The epicentre was not far from where I live. luckily it seems there was little damage. This areas is not noted for bad earthquakes but lots of little ones. The strangest place to live in my opinion is at the foot of Vesuvius, those Napolitans are crazy. I mean they obviously think that Pompeii and Herculaneum could never happen again. they must think because it was 2000 years ago it cant happen again, but because it was so long ago it means all the more likely its going to happen soon. I think it will blow in our lifetime, and the disaster planning in that city is a joke, they are all going to get fried.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:58 pm

well. vesuv is most likely dead or sleeping and it will give some kind of warning before hand (smoke and probably the mountain will grow and smaller earthquakes) therefore some time to evacuate. They're very careful with tourists going up it though and so on.. but! they have another active  volcano on the other side of the town and that is not guarding in nearly the same way as vesuv.. it's active and bubbly and shit and scientists are watching it constantly. it didn't stop them establishing a camping ground 100 meters away...  lol. they're so stupid Razz 
see:
Things that are making you crabbit! [3] - Page 22 Article-1342820-0C9D8AF6000005DC-146_634x473
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:00 pm

I used to worry about volcanoes but then I learned about the Yellowstone Super Mega Caldera of Death and basically gave up. If that one goes off we're all fucked and there's nothing we can do about it, so why worry? Shrugging
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next