azriel
Pettytyrant101
Mrs Figg
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Time Lord and me - Page 2 Empty Re: The Time Lord and me

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:23 pm

Great stuff Figgs. Nod I can imagine that room full of walking illnessnes could easily send children where they belong.. Sofa

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:38 pm

Once outside we both laughed in relief, I felt a bit wobbly and suddenly hungry, I needed sugar. We walked back to the centre of the city eating some hard biscuits we had bartered for one of my cotton handkerchiefs. My bag was really coming in handy it seemed.
We watched as men on flimsy wooden scafolding hauled huge pieces of Marble up the side of a new Church. There was hammering, Flying dust, shouting and men everywhere. We walked to the Duomo, we heard a commotion, men were running, women were screaming. some soldiers dashed past, we followed the throng curiously looking trying to see over their heads.
A bloody corpse on a wooden stretcher was rushed past carried by men in black crow masks, it looked serious.
The Plague had come to Florence.
'We must find Leonardo, we have to find The Light before its too late' said the Doctor. He looked slightly worried and that worried me.
"where is he?
'down this Street, in the workshop of Master Verrocchio, ah here it is'
The bottega was quiet and cool, the boys had gone home to take their lunch, there was one scrawny teenage boy lounging on a step playing with a cat.
'Master Leonardo?'
'yes, but I am not a Maister yet, I am the apprentice, The Master is at home stuffing his fat face'.
'We were told you had The Light, do you have it?
'eh?'
'Look are you Leonardo da Vinci or not? we dont have much time'.

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:35 pm

You capture a sense of being in italy really well Mrs Figg

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:20 am

thanks Petty its fun, I only wish it were real. Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:10 pm

The boy got up and yawned. He was very beautiful with long curling black hair and green eyes. He had a restless coiled spring aura about him, he observed us for a long time and then turned and went into the workshop, the little orange cat followed close by his heels.
He sat down at a long wooden table, he began drawing, he totally ignored us.
'Buongiorno my good fellow! and buongiorno to your er lovely lady wife'. came a voice behind us.
'what may interest you today? a nice statue? a lovely portrait? a family gift to the Church? all prices, all pockets, we accept credit and there's a 20% discount for prompt payment'.
'We need your apprentice Maister' said the Doctor earnestly, 'He needs to save the World'.
'What Him?, that lazy oaf, he's a pain in the bum, Always daydreaming and wandering off with the cat'. 'I only took him on because I owe his Uncle a rather large favour' The Maister whispered to us.
'Well we will be needing him for a day or two, said the Doctor reasonably. 'we will pay the going rate for Urchins and Vagabondage, two florins, well thats the price I paid for the services for young Machiavelli, its a pity Thatcher stole him from me, wrung him dry for information she did, poor sod'.
The Doctor flashed a little White card which seemed to have nothing written on it, but the effect it had on the Maister was immediate and startling.
'oh oh yes SIR, Mr Friar Savonarola SIR, anything for you, such an admirer, no smut here, no rudery or naked boobies of any kind, beat him sir if you want, anything anything, take him do as you will SIR! oh yes indeedy! btw take the cat too it gives me the heebies'.
He grabbed Leonardo by the scruff of the neck and propelled him out the shop, Leonardo whistled and the cat came trotting after him.

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:11 pm; edited 3 times in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:22 pm

'Cumon you three' laughed the Doctor, 'chop chop!'
'Leonardo sidled up to me. 'can Lisa sleep in your travelling baggage, shes no trouble, but I am afraid to lose her' Leonardo pointed to the cat who was winding itself round his pointed shoes.
'of course, but she wont do a pee pee will she? I said.
'No, she is used to travelling with me when I go home to Vinci, it takes two days by mule, shes very good'.
Leonardo smiled at me, his face lit up,suddenly he looked very young and fragile, I couldnt believe I was talking to the greatest artist who has ever walked this Earth, I was shy of him, I wondered what he was thinking'.
'This Light you are seeking, he said thoughtfully, 'tell me about it'
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:26 pm

The Doctor explained the situation, the boy seemed unphased and took all the weirdness quite calmly, I could see his brain whiring and calculating behind his eyes. He was much better at taking on the impossible than I.
Suddenly I felt my bag become incredibly heavy, it sagged on my shoulders.
'what the?....ow! my bag, its weighing me down!
I felt as if I was slowly being pinned to the Earth by some invisible gravity, I panicked and tried to take it off, it was a satchel and the two loops were tight round my shoulders, it wouldnt come off.
'Its Lisa', said Leonardo. 'She changes'
'Changes? gerritofffffme! it hurts my back!!!'
'Help me Doctor! I cried, 'I cant take it, help!!'
The Doctor grabbed my bag but was propelled away from me like there was an invisible force field, his hands couldnt connect with the bag. he took out his Sonic Screwdriver and passed it over me.
'Interesting FASCINATING! Not as fascinating as Crepuscalian 18-30 holidays but close'.
'You my dear girl are now a PHENOMENON.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:38 pm

I was lying prone on the stone cobbled Street, my nose rather to close to a pile of horse poop, but the smell was keeping me from fainting.
Leonardo decided it was time to stop gawking and do something. He opened my bag and reached in. We were momentarily blasted with a Light so bright, so searingly hot, so utterly White that my retina felt as if they had been bleached, my head pounded, everything, every last molecule in my body seemed to be pulsing with energy, falling apart and reforming. Painfully. I lay there wondering what had hit us, The Doctor had been blasted a few feet away, and was slowly staggering to his feet. Leo was unhurt, in his arms the ginger cat.
'I groaned and tried to get up, but I felt drained, my hair was sticking up in all directions. Not a good look.
'I think we have found The Light, the Fountain of all Life, the Beginning, the Hope when Dark Falls' said The Doctor, 'why did it have to be Ginger?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:06 pm

'You my dear girl are now a PHENOMENON.'

Is Moffat helping you write this? Suspect

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:48 pm

No RTD. Laughing
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:43 pm

Ah then I fully expect and hope for a suprise finale where you resolve everything in a paragraph with something you haven't bothered to mention up to that point, or even hinted at. Wink

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:44 am

So, no pressure then Figgy The Time Lord and me - Page 2 Anxious_zps68b7d18d

The Time Lord and me - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

The Time Lord and me - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:34 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Ah then I fully expect and hope for a suprise finale where you resolve everything in a paragraph with something you haven't bothered to mention up to that point, or even hinted at. Wink

Mad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:25 pm

The Time Lord and me - Page 2 Fsf-june07-thumb
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:03 pm

I like that, mrs Figg Nod

The Time Lord and me - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

The Time Lord and me - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2