halfwise
David H
Norc
Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
23 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 21 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:38 am

Quite right Amarie, and the grass is wrong......

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 21 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2]

Post by Amarië Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:48 am

Obviously.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:05 pm

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 21 20kultraktoregg

I liked this picture! It's from my neck of the woods and it has different types of grass, included the plastic wrapped kind. Or "tractor eggs" as we call them. Smile

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:10 pm

I thought that was a marshmallow farm that got too much rain before the harvest.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:12 pm

Maybe the boat is a memorial to drowneded hobbitses? Do we have a context?
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:25 pm

Alas, Halfie. Sad It rains too much for Marshmallow farming here. All you get is goo.

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:19 pm

Lancebloke wrote:Maybe the boat is a memorial to drowneded hobbitses? Do we have a context?
It's not that they don't use boats at all, it's just that unless they are a brandybucks they are generally uneasy about them. I'm thinking that boat is used by hobbits in their tweens, doing something wild to shock the older hobbits.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:55 pm

LOTR phone wallpaper designs from Marko Manev (gigantic images).

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 21 Marko-manev-the-fellok4ken

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 21 Marko-manev-the-two-tdgk5a

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 21 Marko-manev-the-returf8k15
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:36 pm

Love the top one Very Happy The others are great too, but the first one has the best mix of images I think. Nice find, Eldo Smile

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 21 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:40 pm

Yeah. I think the first one is my favorite too. Smile And thanks!
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:04 pm

My favourite is the last one. Very Happy 

and that photo is gorgeous Chris, really atmospheric.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:18 am

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 21 Ytrr_zpseda3d871

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:37 am

I'm guessing that's a render, but it's gotten to the point where I really can't be sure. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:29 am

An accidental render that one Eldo- was discussing what the hell seeds do with Nagual which ended up generating the landscape, then added a thick cloud layer to demonstrate how much instant 'noise' that generates, meaning you have to up the render quality of the atmos or the cloud layer, or both. And then bunged the sun right behind the clouds to show how that makes things even worse.
Then I thought 'actually that's pretty bloody nice', bunged in a tree to give a bit of foreground and there you go.

Or in short, blame Nagual. Twisted Evil 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:22 pm

So ... you were trying to make a deliberately bad render? Cause if so, I don't think you succeeded at that. But I'm not entirely sure I follow. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:28 pm

No, we were just discussing how seeds work, and then how noise gets added when you complicate the lighting. Basically instead of what I usually do- hours of painstaking trial and error till I get something I want, this was quickly bunged together to demonstrate something in a conversation. But annoyingly turned out rather nice, nicer than some stuff Ive spent the painstaking hours working on Mad 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:30 pm

Ah, I think I understand a little bit now. Though I still don't know what seeds and noise are in this context. scratch
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:35 pm

seeds are the math on which the program can render an entire planet surface from, change the seed, change how the terrain looks.
Noise is basically white noise- speckling, graininess ect

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:44 pm

Thanks for explaining, Petty. I don't know much about rendering but it's always cool to see what you come up with. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:25 pm

Im sure Halfy or David can fill us in on the math details- seeds are quite fascinating, from what I understand once you pick your first six numbers you get the second set by adding the first set together, and then so on. So you get what seems to be an as long as you need it random number. Except if you put the same first six numbers again- you get the exact same seed without needing all the other numbers.

So in my render program if I did a landscape using a 6 number seed, I could give you those numbers, you put them in your render program you would get the exact same landscape. Thus saving me having to give you the entire set of numbers that could run into the thousands depending how complicated the thing the program is using it for.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:10 am

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 21 Bosque_de_colores-1024x768

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:46 pm

Very nice, I like that. Nod 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:53 am

I like the fall colors.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:28 am

Not sure if anyone will like these or not  but here are some pictures i took of landscapes i think are beautiful

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 21 <a href=Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 21 100_1611" />

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 21 100_1612
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:34 am

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 21 <a href=Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 21 100_1613" />

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 21 100_1614

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 21 <a href=Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 21 100_1615" />
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next