+5
RA
Eldorion
Mrs Figg
Amarië
Norc
9 posters

Go down

Scenes from the Hobbit you really wished where kept/kept unchanged in the movie Empty Scenes from the Hobbit you really wished where kept/kept unchanged in the movie

Post by Norc Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:54 pm

I dunno 'bout u guys, but...

Scenes from the Hobbit you really wished where kept/kept unchanged in the movie Tumblr_mgw9695RsC1r38rxfo1_1280

After that they stopped pleading. Then they took off their clothes and bathed in the river, which was shallow and clear and stony at the ford. When they had dried in the sun, which was now strong and warm, they were refreshed, if still sore and a little hungry.

- The Hobbit, JRR Tolkien

it's like
Scenes from the Hobbit you really wished where kept/kept unchanged in the movie Tumblr_inline_mgyzwclDOp1qft65y

source: http://olgg.tumblr.com/post/40956930502
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Scenes from the Hobbit you really wished where kept/kept unchanged in the movie Empty Re: Scenes from the Hobbit you really wished where kept/kept unchanged in the movie

Post by Amarië Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:47 pm

Slash writers, rejoice! It's canon!!

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Scenes from the Hobbit you really wished where kept/kept unchanged in the movie Empty Re: Scenes from the Hobbit you really wished where kept/kept unchanged in the movie

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:58 pm

I think the best bit has been cut off, is that Thorin I see? dyam! Very Happy

can you make the piccy smaller?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:06 pm

Right click > open image in new tab (or "view image" if you're on Firefox, I think) and you should be able to see the whole thing, Mrs Figg. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:14 pm

I've never been so relieved Jackson is as liberal as he is with the source material Shocked

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:23 pm

Where's that scene from? What were they pleading about? Thought I knew the damn book. Neutral

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:10 pm

Sometimes change is a necessary evil pale

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:14 pm

halfwise wrote:Where's that scene from?  What were they pleading about?  Thought I knew the damn book.  Neutral

Never fear, Halfy, your two years of confusion and misery are at an end! Very Happy That scene comes at the beginning of the chapter "Queer Lodgings", after the Company have been dropped off by the Eagles but before they meet Beorn.  They had been pleading with Gandalf to stay with them the whole trip to Erebor and not to go off to attend to his mysterious other business (ie, the White Council).
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:23 pm

For once I feel sorry for Thorin, looking at that cartoon, he's getting OR gonna get, more than an eyefull ! pale

Scenes from the Hobbit you really wished where kept/kept unchanged in the movie Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Scenes from the Hobbit you really wished where kept/kept unchanged in the movie Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:24 am

I found this comment on Youtube. I don't know about you guys, but I thought it was hilarious.
"It's a fairy tale that should have been named "the dwarves, the treasure, and the dragon" instead of the hobbit, who basically had nothing important to do besides getting the ring from a hobo hobbit who eats ogres or shreks or whatever they are called."
-Daniel something

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down