warg tracking orc introductory dialogue spoils movie

+2
Pettytyrant101
richardbrucebaxter
6 posters

Go down

warg tracking orc introductory dialogue spoils movie Empty warg tracking orc introductory dialogue spoils movie

Post by richardbrucebaxter Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:26 am

The blu-ray release should remove the introductory dialogue of the warg tracking orc: it is stupid and not in the book. The worst scene is when the warg tracker looks out over the crevasse at the camping dwarfs - it is worse than anything I have seen in film, and an embarrassment to the franchise. Note the initial tracking process is too long, unrealistic, and could even be cut entirely (it is not in the book). Azog should not begin his pursuit until the Great Goblin has been killed.

(And Bilbo really shouldn't become a hero at this stage of the adventure. The burglar was praised in the book for his stealth - sneaking past their guard - not for saving Thorin).
richardbrucebaxter
richardbrucebaxter
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

warg tracking orc introductory dialogue spoils movie Empty Re: warg tracking orc introductory dialogue spoils movie

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:52 pm

With you on all points Richard, and welcome to the Forum.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

warg tracking orc introductory dialogue spoils movie Empty Re: warg tracking orc introductory dialogue spoils movie

Post by richardbrucebaxter Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:49 am

Thank you for the welcome.

I tried to find the exact dialogue/monologue on the internet so that I could be more precise; basically whatever that orc/goblin says who is tracking the dwarfs should be cut (including the later conversation between the tracking orcs). I didn't have a problem with the Thorin looking out into the distance (and the flashback), but for there to be actually an orc there looking back and planning his demise seems ridiculous.
richardbrucebaxter
richardbrucebaxter
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by the truth Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:38 am

there should be NO wargs,wolves or orcs till in the Misty Mountains , OH my Azog makes me want to Puke
the truth
the truth
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:41 am

yup Azog stood out as totally unecessary crap the 2nd time I watched too. I can just about tolerate goblin Town and the Stone Giants, but Azog and his bad cgi wargs, not ever.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanwa Raumo Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:02 am

I have half a mind to buy a BluRay player for my computer along with the BluRay SUPER ULTRA EXTENDED version of The Hobbit, rip the movie off that, and proceed to edit out the parts that I didn't particularly love (the parts with Azog and the wargs and Orcs, the stone giants and some other bits.)

Vanwa Raumo

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:07 am

You should talk to the guy on here called Pettytyrant101. I think he might have had a similar idea at some point. Nod

Welcome to Forumshire! Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanwa Raumo Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:59 pm

I think I might talk to him about some of the ideas for cuts I have had. Ultimately, however, I will have to wait until all 3 movies are released and out on BluRay/ DVD before making any final decisions on cutting things pertaining to Azog. Hopefully PJ doesn't make him too big of a thing until the Battle of the Five Armies.

I also hope he is killed by King Dain as he should have been 150+ years before, when Dain was a young dwarf prince avenging his father's death. *Sigh.* If this keeps going the way it is Fili and Kili won't die and Thorin will end up killing Azog or Bolg. PJ always has to do unnecessary meddling with Middle Earth, at the same time he sometimes wonderfully translates it into a film. I guess nothing can be perfect.

After all the movies are released I would also like to work on, or help with, a shorter edit that condenses all 3 movies into 1 about 3 hours long. (Just so I can watch the entire Hobbit story in one sitting rather than having to watch all 3 all the time (though I am sure I will do that quite often.) I am sure there are other people who would like that as well.

Vanwa Raumo

Back to top Go down

Post by richardbrucebaxter Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:18 am

Vanwa Raumo wrote:I have half a mind to buy a BluRay player for my computer along with the BluRay SUPER ULTRA EXTENDED version of The Hobbit, rip the movie off that, and proceed to edit out the parts that I didn't particularly love (the parts with Azog and the wargs and Orcs, the stone giants and some other bits.)

I had less than half a mind not to do the same thing. Furthermore the association of the introductory orc chase to the final chase ruins the plot. The reason the goblins/wargs came after the party was because they killed the great goblin. I personally don't mind PJ introducing additional content, but this more counts as a deformation rather than an addition.

Can't wait to watch through this movie without the introductory monologue by the warg tracking orc and the subsequent interorc communication (which is all just f-a-k-e). I might even cull the initial chase also. The worst case scenario is that they were just wanting to get their money out of the CG warg modeling. I understand them wanting to find a reason for dwarfs entering Rivendell, but the entire sub plot thing is completely over done and comic book like. Being waylaid by some random orcs would have been justifiable. Give the great goblin some credit. He could have spread the word out to Azog (assuming it was actually needed to show Sauron in the Fellowship of the Ring, or, cough, at all - real enemies are far more subtle).

I was going to call it the Tolkien cut.
richardbrucebaxter
richardbrucebaxter
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:35 am

Welcome to Forumshire Richard- you might want to take a look at my purist edit. (Theres a relevant thread in the LotR's section- Petty's Purist Edits)

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by richardbrucebaxter Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:03 am

Thanks Petty I have started to take a look at the thread now (http://www.hobbitmovieforum.com/t550p405-petty-s-purist-lotr-edits-2)
richardbrucebaxter
richardbrucebaxter
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:55 am

Very Happy Good luck!

Like all Forumshire threads there tends to be, well pages of lets say diversionary material!- inbetween stuff about the actual edits- probaly best starting at the newest page and going backwards unless you want the whole history of the development of the edits!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down