Pettytyrant101
Eldorion
Ally
29 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Television programmes - Page 3 Empty Re: Television programmes

Post by Squach Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:15 pm

its on after Deadliest Catch but never really wanted to watch it! Too disgusting to me. bounce bounce bounce bounce

I like poking things with sticks. Get over it.
Bouncy bouncy  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bouncy bouncy Smile
Your mum.
Squach
Squach
Princess Of All Things Fashionable

Location : Brit-rain. Yorkshire, yo. On the sofa poking Kafria.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon May 16, 2011 11:02 pm

A new series of the Scheme started tonight- its a documentary about a Scottish housing scheme in a poor area. It caused quite a stir here, got pulled and now is back. It was ecritisized for being the middle class mocking the poor- but in many ways its at least a truer portrayal of many Scots expercience of everyday life than most things are.
This is from the last series, the new series will be on the iplayer if you are in the UK. Welcome to the other side of Scotland. Strong language and crabbitness!

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Tue May 17, 2011 12:45 am

What's the other side of Scotland? I only knew the one. Shocked

Respectable Hobbit of Needlehole

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue May 17, 2011 12:19 pm

Shortbread tins, bagpipes, mountains- you have to go to Scotsdale (the other Scotland- where all we Scotshobbits live) for that. Sadly all the Big Folks have to put up with this version and inferior Buckie not made by wizards at all! Shocked

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon May 23, 2011 3:59 am

A sad fairwell to Edward Hardwicke. Who I will always fondlt remember as Watson to Jeremy Brett's Holmes. R.I.P.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Mon May 23, 2011 2:33 pm

Didn't know he died - what a loss, he was fantastic as Watson.

Television programmes - Page 3 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:14 am

Watched a superb doc ealrier, but also absolutely horrific, par tof the BBC natural world series -Empire of the Desert Ants. Its on the BBC iplayer for those with access and highly recommended- just not when eating. Life is very, very harsh down there.

OOh amazingly found it on youtube- narrated by Serkis too.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:48 am

Saw part of the ants documentary while away, was very well done.

TV has been my undoing this hols, so many plans, so little done. All due to rediscovering a series I love then treating myself to the box set of the first five seasons. Supernatural, love this show (And has nothing to do with this initial promos here that were -Scary just got sexy- based. The basic premise is two guys on a never ending road trip across the states finding and killing evil supernatural things.

Clip is the pilot recap on the second episode, so doesn't give much away of the overall arc.

It was originally intended as a five season arc, which they stuck to, but left it open and the current (here) sixth season is kinda a reset, with the show going back to the original 'horror movie every week' idea. So far is working, seventh series starts in the us in setember (we're the best part of a year behind which is very annoying.

Also the series doesn't take itself too seriously - Just a quick explanation, chuck the author is a prophet, writing the story of Sam and Deans struggle so they are at a convention for the books of their real lives.

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:53 am

I got to admit I had not watched this and dismissed it as one of those twilighty teen girl programs. But seems better than that judging from the clips I shall have to keep an eye out for it.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:15 am

Clips from the episode when they first find out about the books of their story

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:24 am

Oh and they do scary too!

Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:29 am

Love a good scare- just as well with Pretty as a sister you should see her of a morning shocking. Buffy clearly has a lot to answer for however as I am sure there one or two 'inspired' monsters from it in this.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:31 am

Kafria wrote:Oh and they do scary too!

Saw the first two or three series - which I though damn good - but then the series got stupid in my opinion. God fighting the Devil. Eegad! How stupid!

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:34 am

It did go on a strange arc, was meant to be a complete arc for the boys and I enjoyed their story (Annoyed Squach by crying all the way through the series 5 finale). But they have made a shift back to the darkness and film noir feel of the first series, slowly removing their ties to the real world again so it can be the two against the world again! You might like 6

Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:44 am

Kafria wrote:It did go on a strange arc, was meant to be a complete arc for the boys and I enjoyed their story (Annoyed Squach by crying all the way through the series 5 finale). But they have made a shift back to the darkness and film noir feel of the first series, slowly removing their ties to the real world again so it can be the two against the world again! You might like 6

If it's bit more episodic - you know, a different spooky adventure each time - then I might get sucked back in. The "Genie" episode where one of them is hung up getting "dripped" while he blissfully dreams of an imagined past, was soooo excellent. There were others too, earlier on. A lot of them, in fact.

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:26 pm

Did you see the movie monsters episode, that was great fun too or mystery spot where they were stuck in tv shows and then a time loop?
So many good ones, I may have to complie a favourites list now I have the dvds! Very Happy

Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:37 pm

Kafria wrote:Did you see the movie monsters episode, that was great fun too or mystery spot where they were stuck in tv shows and then a time loop?
So many good ones, I may have to complie a favourites list now I have the dvds! Very Happy

I don't think so. I can't remember if I saw all the early ones, or which series I started losing interest.

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:51 pm

Finished my suernatural summer marathon, all 5 seasons on dvd first half of season six on normal telly, then gave in and was naughty. Watched rest on the interweb to be ready for the us airing of season 7 (23rd Sept) - which I will once again interweb as we hav had to wait 10 months for season six after the US air date!

Even finished watching the commentaries, so to avoid withdrawal I started the second season of Haven (again still waiting for a UK air date in that!) Love the show!

Oh and for those in the Uk my fav Alice is reshowing on Syfy this weekend!

((I wonder if I'll have any brain left by the time I start back - or will there simply be a gooey dribbling mess coming from my ears?))

Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:52 pm

Don't know Haven. Whats that one about?

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:58 pm

Inspired by the Colorado Kid - Stephen King

Syfy's one-hour drama series Haven, starring Emily Rose (Jericho, Brothers and Sisters) is based on the novella The Colorado Kid from renowned author Stephen King. The series follows the shrewd and confident FBI agent Audrey Parker (Rose) who has a lost past, and arrives in the small town of Haven, Maine on a routine case. Before long, her natural curiosity lands her in the epicenter of activity in this curious enclave, which turns out to be a longtime refuge for people that are affected by a range of supernatural afflictions.

As the townspeople's dormant abilities begin to express themselves, Audrey helps keep these forces at bay while discovering the many secrets of Haven — including one surrounding her own surprising connections to this extraordinary place.

http://www.syfy.com/haven

Been really well done. not read any Knig as I have this idea that I don't like Horror although the older I get an the more I watch the more I realise I probably do! Rolling Eyes

Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:01 am

RIP John Howard Davies.

Who? You might ask. I did. Turn sout he was behind a lot of tv I really enjoyed. The list of comedy shows he produced includes The Good Life, Monty Python, The Goodies, Black Adder, Only Fools and Horses, and Fawlty Towers.
Thanks Mr Davies for making TV that has kept me smiling and less crabbit than otherwise for my entire life span.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:03 am

MMM Kafria less keen now I know its a King.I kind of lost patience with King story's when I was about 16 and never got it back. He does great set ups, the middles are always too run out and the end is often a let down or anti-climax (IT was what fnally did it for me- great premise and -spoilers- its just a big monster)

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:04 am

From what I've read the set up is from a novella, but thats about it, story itself is independant! Don't know though as I haven't read it!

Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:08 am

That might be ok then- as I say he does a good premise just not good conclusions (bit like RTD there with is Doctor Who and Torchwood).

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:05 am

Red Dwarf is making a come-back with a new series going into production about now for tv station Dave. They did a mini 3 part one a couple of years ago I thought was pretty poor so not sure how this will go. But hoping tit works as its a classic bit of sci-fi sitcom and there ain't many of them about.

For those who don't know the show is about the crew of the Deep Sapce Mining Vessel Red Dwarf which undergoes a really catostrophic radiation leak wiping out the entire crew, save Lister, the human races most slobbish individual who was in status as a punishment for smuggling a cat onboard. Several million years later the ships super intellignet computer Holly (who sadly has developed computer seniality in the intervening millenia) revives Lister (now in all likelihood the last member of the human race) along with a hologram of his dead cabin mate Rimmer, the universes most egotistical and cowardly individual. They soon discover Cat a humanoid cat descended from the cat Lister suggled onboard.
Having nothing better to do Lister decides to stick to the plan he had before the accident- to set up a farm with his cat on Fiji. So they head back towards Earth.
Special effects are terrible, sets are cheap, but it all works brilliantly. Heres a couple of clips.

Blue Alert

The Arnold Rimmer Expercience (this comes right after the character of Rimmer departed the show- fortunetly as he is one of the best characters he returned the following series).

Heres a 5 min clip showing how it all begins.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next