Spoiler:
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Nora's Birthday Surprise - Page 3 Empty Re: Nora's Birthday Surprise

Post by Eldorion Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:16 am

Those are brilliant, Nora! cheers Awesome visualizations of the story. Thank you so much. Cool

NB Next installment is making good progress and will be done soon. Smile

Last edited by Eldorion on Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:16 am

Orwell wrote:This is exactly the kind of story Odo would ban from Forumshire if he could (and he wasn't - apparently - a prisoner in Dul Guldur).

Abominable, Eldo - ABOMINABLE!

I look forward to seeing more of it, if only to make some more Moral Judgments on it, and not because I'm enjoying it very much! No way! Mad

I had hoped you might be able to see past the immorality of the tale. Very Happy I always really appreciate your feedback, thanks for reading. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:31 am

They are pretty cool. cheers Capture two gay friends and their platonic girlfriend really well. Nod

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:33 am

Poor Agent Nora, I don't think anyone ships her. Laughing Apparently it's Ringo/Eldo all the way with you guys. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:10 am

Fantasic Norc! cheers

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:04 am

Nora's Birthday Surprise

Part 2

Nora awoke feeling refreshed. The sun was shining and even though her drapes were closed, a hint of sunlight could be seen shining around the edges. She got up and stretched, not minding the temperature at all.

“It's so nice to spend winter somewhere that has snow and sunlight!” she said out loud. She smiled broadly and hummed to herself as she got dressed and walked over to Eldo and Ringo's room.

She knocked once on the door. “Hey guys, it's me. Can I come in?”

No one responded for a minute, so she knocked louder. “Hello? Is there anyone in there?”

This time there was a muffled response after a few seconds, and then Ringo called out, “come in.”

Nora opened the door and stepped in the room before letting out a screech. “What is going on in here?” she yelled.

Eldo and Ringo were lying in bed together with the covers pulled up to their necks. Eldo glanced at her. “What? It was cold on the floor, so I came up here. What's a little body heat between friends?”

Nora appeared ready say something in a very loud voice but Eldo cut her off. “It's not like we're naked or anything,” he said. “Look, I'm still fully dressed.” He kicked off the covers and sat up.

Nora took several deep breaths before managing, “You went to sleep in your day clothes?!”

Eldo pretended to look puzzled. “Would you rather we undressed each other?”

“Ugh!” Nora stomped her foot on the ground “What is wrong with you? You too Ringo, don't think you're getting away with this!”

“Alright, alright, we get it,” said Ringo. He crawled out of bed to show that he was also fully dressed. “Just give us a moment to get ready and we can all have breakfast. Everything seems better when you're not hungry.”

Nora nodded tersely but remained in the doorway until Eldo made his way past her to change in the bathroom.

Once the two males were both ready for the day, the trio gathered in the kitchen where Ringo was cooking a batch of Fjordlandian pancakes. While he cooked, Eldo and Nora set the table without looking at each other.

“We were thinking,” Ringo began when they had finished.

“That's a first,” muttered Nora.

Ringo let that slide. “We were thinking about what to do for your birthday since we only have two days left to prepare,” he said. “And Eldo had the idea that even though we can't watch The Hobbit, we could do a marathon screening of The Lord of the Rings movies on the big screen as a way of getting ready for it.”

“That could be fun,” Nora said in a voice that sounded like the opposite of fun.

“If you'd rather do something else on your birthday we can,” said Ringo. “The theatre will still be there so we can have a marathon any time.”

“Okay,” Nora said blankly.

Ringo sighed. “Did you have anything in mind that you wanted to do?”

Nora started to say something, but caught herself and tried to turn it into a cough.

Ringo and Eldo glanced at each other briefly and Eldo shrugged. “Hey, listen,” he said. “Let's not let the way this morning started ruin the whole day.”

“I'm not letting it ruin anything,” said Nora. “I've been in a fine mood ever since I woke up.”

Before either of the the other two could respond, someone knocked loudly at the front door.

“I'll be right back,” Ringo said apologetically.

Nora stared at Eldo while they sat in the kitchen alone. Eldo had the good grace to look somewhat embarrassed while he pushed the remnants of his breakfast around the plate with his fork.

A voice then came from the front door. “Eldo! Nora! We've got to head out.”

The two stood up and made their way to the door, where they saw Ringo standing opposite Lt Halfwise.

“Can we help you with something, Lieutenant?” asked Eldo.

“I believe you can, Detective Inspector,” Lt Halfwise said in a steely tone. “We need you to Inspect something for us.”

“Just me, or all of us?” said Eldo.

“All of you would be better,” replied Lt Halfwise.

The Lieutenant led the three other policehobbits down the street towards Mrs Figg's. “Can you tell us what exactly you need help with?” Eldo asked.

“You'll see in a minute,” said Lt Halfwise.

He pushed open the doors of Mrs Figg's House when they arrived and led the way upstairs to the saferoom, where Mrs Figg and Mr Cieslik both stood looking upset and nervous.

“What's going on here?” asked Ringo.

“Someone broke into this room last night and stole all three copies of The Hobbit on disc that we were transporting,” said Lt Halfwise. “When Mr Cieslik checked the safe this morning he discovered that it was completely undamaged, but also empty. There is no sign of a break in anywhere in the building.”

“A real mystery,” said Ringo.

Lt Halfwise glared at the Fjordlandian. “This is a very serious matter for the entire State. If we are held by Peter Jackson to be irresponsible then he might refuse to allow us to show The Hobbit in the future, including parts two and three.”

Mr Cieslik stepped forward. “I speak for my employer when I say that no one wants to deny the good people of Forumshire the right to see The Hobbit films,” he said in a quiet but very tense voice. “However, it is absolutely imperative that security for these films be maintained. I for one question how someone was able to steal from this room without damaging the security system at all.” He nodded towards Mrs Figg.

“I've told you a dozen times already,” Mrs Figg said angrily. “I didn't touch your precious discs. I'm the last person in the world who would want to hurt The Hobbit. I'm a huge fan of Peter Jackson, ask anyone in town.”

“That's not exactly an alibi,” said Mr Cieslik.

“If it's an alibi you want, then I have one of those,” said Mrs Figg.

“Do tell.”

“I happen to have spent the night with one of my eel boys,” Mrs Figg said shamelessly. “He will be able to testify I was far too, ahem, busy to have participated in any burglaries last night.”

Mr Cieslik gave a joyless smile. “Not exactly an unbiased witness.”

“Enough,” snapped Lt Halfwise. “Like I said earlier, Cieslik, Mrs Figg should not be a suspect in this case. We've known from the beginning that the Front to Advance Purism is our biggest enemy in this region. They are the ones we need to hunt down.”

“Of course,” said Mr Cieslik, his lip curling into a sneer. “I shall leave matters of security in your undoubtedly more than capable hands, Lieutenant.”

“Thank you,” Lt Halfwise said dismissively. “Now, you two,” he turned to Eldo and Ringo. “You've been police in this village for a while. Are there any known purist subversives operating in the area?”

“That's easy,” said Ringo. “Petty Tyrant is probably the most subversive purist in northern Forumshire.”

“Tyrant…” said Lt Halfwise slowly. “Yes, that name sounds familiar. He is a resident of this village?”

“Yes, he is,” said Ringo.

“Good. We don't have much time before the premiere, so we need to resolve this quickly,” said Lt Halfwise. “Take us to his house.”

“He doesn't really have a house, per se,” said Eldo.

Lt Halfwise looked puzzled. “But he does live here?”

“Yeah,” Eldo replied.

“Well, take us to wherever it is that he lives.”

Everyone returned to the lobby, where Mrs Figg bade them well. The policehobbits and Mr Cieslik then stepped outside into the bright winter day.

Lt Halfwise gestured to the muddy tracks and footprints in the snow-covered streets. “We checked for footprints all around the building the moment we realized the films were gone, but by that point too many people were already up and about. You can't trace any prints now.”

Ringo led the group down the street and through several alleyways until they were near the edge of town. Finally, he stopped near an oversized barrel standing next to a liquor store.

“Are were here?” Lt Halfwise asked sarcastically.

“As a matter of fact, we are,” replied Ringo. He rapped loudly on the lid of the barrel.

Lt Halfwise rolled his eyes. “You're telling me that the infamous Petty Tyrant, purist scourge of movie-lovers in three countries, lives in a literal goddamned barrel?”

“We think that he likes the smell of alcohol that was absorbed into the wood,” Eldo said with a smirk.

“You're joking.” Lt Halfwise looked back and forth incredulously between Eldo and Ringo. “You're not?”

“It's Eru's own honest truth,” said Ringo.

“May He help us all,” said Lt Halfwise, putting his face in his hands.

“No need to feel down,” said Ringo. He gripped the edges of the barrel lid and with a Fjordian heave lifted it off. The others crowded around the barrel, but it was empty except for a pile of dirty blankets and assorted junk.

“Nobody home?” said Nora.

“Apparently not,” said Ringo.

Lt Halfwise gestured for the others to back up before leaning the barrel on its side. He then put on a glove and distastefully reached inside to search for evidence. After pulling out several empty buckie bottles, various soiled food wrappers, and a dead rat, he found a crumpled envelope addressed to the Tyrant.

The Lieutenant carefully opened the envelope and withdrew the letter inside. Tossing the envelope aside, he quickly scanned the letter before handing it to Ringo. The Fjordian gingerly held the letter at the corners and read aloud:

'To my comrade in the great struggle against Peter Jackson, greetings. If and when you have successfully acquired the item, proceed to the secondary headquarters to complete our preparations. The day is at hand when everything we have struggled for all these years will come to fruition. Hold out hope and finish your work and everything will end well. Your companion, Nagual.'

“Do you two know who this Nagual character is?” Lt Halfwise asked when Ringo had finished reading.

“I can't say that I do,” replied Ringo.

“He's a convicted separatist and one of the most dangerous operatives of the Front to Advance Purism in this province,” said Lt Halfwise. “He escaped from custody several days ago and was last in this vicinity, in Nobottle.”

“I see,” said Ringo.

“Unfortunately, I don't know what he means by secondary headquarters,” continued Lt Halfwise. “Do either of you?”

“I'm sorry, but I'm at a loss again,” said Ringo. Eldo simply shook his head.

Lt Halfwise sighed. “If we find these headquarters, I have no doubt we will find Petty Tyrant and the stolen films.” He paused to collect his thoughts. “Let's split up to search. Sergeant Herring, you take your lady friend and look through the downtown area. Cieslik and I will search the periphery. Eldorion, you come with me.”

Ringo hesitated for a moment and glanced at Eldo. “All right, then,” he said. “Come on Nora, let's see if we can find any trace of Petty.”

Nora stared over her shoulder at Eldo as she left with Ringo. Soon the rest of the group was out of sight as the pair of Fjordlandians walked back towards downtown Needlehole.

“Do you really think that Petty broke into that safe and stole the movies?” Nora asked after a long silence.

Ringo sighed. “I don't know, but I wouldn't put it past him,” he said. “You never know with those purists.”

“I thought you said yesterday that Eldo used to be a purist,” said Nora.

“That was before I knew him,” replied Ringo. “All I've heard are his stories and anecdotes from people who knew him back then. I think he understands where they're coming from, but he wouldn't let that get in the way of his job.”

“Mmhm.” Nora stared at her feet as they continued to walk along.

Ringo glanced at her with concern in his eyes. “Look, Nora, I don't know what you're thinking but there wasn't anything going on this morning. Or last night. I promise.”

“I believe you,” Nora said glumly.

“Do you want to talk about what's got you down?” Ringo asked.

“Not really.”

“Just know that I'm here for you if you change your mind, okay?” Ringo paused and smiled. “We're all still friends.”

Nora paused as well and gave him a hug. “Yeah, we're still friends.” She gave a small smile in return.

As they resumed walking, Nora began to speak. “You know, I had an idea for where we could start looking,” she said with some of her usual energy.

“What's that?” asked Ringo.

“You remember Ambassador Amarie?”

Ringo chuckled. “How could I forget her? Didn't she try to convince you to wear a traditional Fjordlandian dress and let her fix your hair last time we saw her?”

Nora giggled at the memory. “I think she might have. Anyway, she follows everything that's going on in Forumshire, if not the world. I'll bet that if anyone knows where Petty has gotten off to, it's her.”

Ringo frowned momentarily. “You're probably right,” he said. “Are you sure it's wise to involve her in an investigation, though? She is from the Dark Planet.”

“It can't hurt just to ask,” said Nora. “We don't have to go into too many details.”

“Fair enough,” said Ringo.

Soon they found themselves on Main Street walking past the Sheriff's Office and up the steps to the Ambassador's house next door. Nora knocked several times on the door. In less than a minute, they heard quick steps from inside and the door opened to reveal the familiar brown-haired, bespectacled Ambassador.

“What do you know? My two favorite Fjordlandian friends, so far away from home.” Amarie gave a bright smile and stepped back so they could enter. “Please, come in. What brings you to my door today? Are you still looking for your boyfriend?”

Nora's mouth twitched but she managed to restrain herself. “Actually, we're here on business. We were wondering if you might have heard anything about a suspect we're pursuing.”

Amarie led them into her parlor and sat down on a plush armchair. Nora and Ringo sat down on a love seat across from the ambassador.

“I might have,” said Amarie. “Who are you after at the moment?”

“Petty Tyrant,” said Nora.

“Oh, the drunken purist,” said Amarie. “Well, everyone has heard of him, of course. What is it you're trying to find out about him, though?”

Nora glanced at Ringo before continuing. “He's wanted for questioning but he isn't in his, uh, barrel … so we were wondering if you might know where he is right now,” she finished lamely.

“That isn't a lot to go on,” said Amarie, pursing her lips. “Do you have any leads at all.”

Nora looked at Ringo again. He sighed and leaned forward. “Yes. We found a letter in his barrel from one Nagual, advising Petty to proceed to their 'secondary headquarters',” Ringo explained. “Do you know where that is?”

“Possibly,” said Amarie. “I'm curious why you want to know, though.”

“Because we're on a case and we need to find a suspect,” Nora cut in. “It isn't that complicated.”

“There's no need to be irritable, young lady,” Amarie said reprovingly.

Nora bristled but Ringo laid a hand on her shoulder. “I'm sure Nora didn't mean to cause offense,” he said. “It's simply that this is a rather urgent matter, so if you could help us, we would be very grateful.”

“How grateful?” asked Amarie. “Knowledge is power, after all, and only a fool just hands out power to all who come asking.”

“I feel like you've told us that before,” grumbled Nora.

“Perhaps,” said Amarie. “Those are wise words to live by.”

Ringo ran his hand through his hair before speaking again. “What do you want to know?”

“I'm simply curious why you're pursuing poor Petty,” said Amarie. “Tell me that, and I'll tell you where to find him.”

Ringo hesitated for a moment. “He's wanted for stealing something from one of the Admin's couriers,” he said eventually.

“And that thing is…?” Amarie asked expectantly.

Ringo sighed. “The official copies of The Hobbit for the premiere in Michel Delving.”

Amarie's eyes widened momentarily, but she quickly composed herself. “Did he really? Well, the least I can do is let you know.” She leaned forward conspiratorially. “I have it on good authority that Petty spends a lot of time at the Muck and Duck.”

“Everyone knows that,” said Nora. “Is that really all you have?”

“Of course not,” scoffed Amarie. “He spends a lot of time in the bar, yes, but he spends almost as much time in the back room behind locked doors with various travelers who pass through Needlehole mostly in the dead of night. Does that help you?”

“Yes, it does,” said Ringo. “Thank you very much.”

“Any time, my handsome Trønder friend,” said Amarie. “Don't be a stranger.”

Eldo stared uncomfortably at Lt Halfwise's back as he walked along the edge of Needlehole with the Lieutenant and Mr Cieslik. Cieslik was preoccupied by his mobile Palantir and was feverishly texting on it. Lt Halfwise walked briskly and fidgeted whenever he stopped to examine tracks on the roads leading out of town.

“Are you alright?” Eldo finally asked after half an hour.

“I'm fine,” Lt Halfwise said tersely, turning around to look at the DI.

Eldo nodded skeptically.

“I'm simply hoping that we recover the discs quickly so Cieslik and I can continue towards Michel Delving,” said Lt Halfwise. “The premiere of The Hobbit is in two days. We were supposed to get there a day early. That's not going to happen and we don't have much time left. If the premiere is delayed and word of this matter gets out, it will be a massive propaganda victory for the purists.”

“I understand that,” Eldo said simply.

“I'm sure you do,” Lt Halfwise said dangerously. “I'm well aware of your ties to the purist movement, Detective Inspector. Don't think that you're above suspicion just because of the badge you carry.”

Eldo raised his eyebrows. “Don't you think that's a little uncalled for, Lieutenant? My partner and I are doing all we can to help your investigation.”

“And I am very grateful for it,” Lt Halfwise said sharply. “I just want you to know that I have my eye on you.”

“I'll make a point of remembering it,” Eldo said sarcastically.

After a few more minutes of searching the roads and outbuildings of Needlehole's outskirts Lt Halfwise appeared disgusted at the lack of clues. “We might as well head back into town,” he said.

As the trio walked towards Main Street, they saw two figures hurrying towards them.

“Hey there!” Ringo's powerful voice called out. Lt Halfwise and Eldo glanced at each other and hurried forward with Cieslik bringing up the rear.

“Did you find anything?” Lt Halfwise asked urgently.

“We asked around and got a tip that Petty is hiding in the back room of the Muck and Duck, and that he has been using that location to meet with other purists,” said Ringo.

“Finally,” said Lt Halfwise. “Are you all carrying?” He patted his coat, under which the distinctive bulge of a pocket crossbow could be seen.

Eldo, Ringo, and Nora all nodded.

“Good. Let's hurry.”

The group made their way to the far end of Main Street, where the Muck and Duck stood to welcome visitors to Needlehole. Cieslik stayed at the side of the road while the four policehobbits hurried inside.

“What can I get for you all today?” called the bartender.

“Police, we're here on business,” said Lt Halfwise, flashing his badge and pulling out his pocket crossbow. “We need to examine your back room.”

“Hey, what's this all about?” asked the bartender, waving his hands. “You can't just come in here like that. Do you have a warrant?”

“Internal Security Service, we're exempt,” said Lt Halfwise. He pushed open the door to the kitchen and walked through. The bartender tried to block him but the Lieutenant held out his arm and pushed the bartender away.

“You're not involved yet, and if I were you I'd keep it that way,” he warned. “Now, do you rent a room to one Petty Tyrant?”

“That one over there,” the bartender said in a high-pitched voice, pointing at a sturdy brown door.

“Is he here right now?”

“Y-yes!”

“Thank you,” Lt Halfwise said with a cold smile. He walked over and knocked on the door as Eldo, Ringo, and Nora followed. No one responded from within, but the smell of alcohol seeped around the edges of the door.

“Allow me,” said Ringo. He gestured for Lt Halfwise to move away, and then brought down the door with a single might kick. The four policehobbits rushed through to find a filthy, hairy Scotshobbit hunched in front of a glowing monitor.

“Hands up and turn around slowly!” barked Lt Halfwise.

The Scotshobbit swiveled around to face the intruders into his private room. “Och the nee nelly noo!” he exclaimed in indignation. “Wot de fook is de meaning of dis?!”

“You are Petty Tyrant of Scotsdale, yes?” demanded Lt Halfwise.

“Wot izzit tae ye?”

“Petty, we know it's you,” said Ringo. “Don't be like this now, of all times.”

“Och, ye damned Fjordian baestard,” spat Petty. “Wot are ye all doing here? Ahm in tae middle of sumthin.” He gestured at the screen.

“What is that?” said Lt Halfwise. “Get out of the way.” As the Lieutenant leaned forward to examine the screen his face paled. “What have you done?” he cried.

“Ah, I edited tae films into sumthin respeckful tae Professur Tolkien's legacy,” Petty said proudly.

Lt Halfwise took a moment to compose himself. “You edited The Hobbit?” he asked.

“Aye,” said Petty. “I got mae hands on tae films early and deleted all of PJ's nonsense, leaving nothin but pure Tolkien. I've not taken a break since I started.”

Lt Halfwise hit the eject button on the computer and removed the disc over Petty's protestations. “Did you alter all three discs?” he asked quietly.

“Three?” Petty shook his head. “Nay, I've only got two. But it's only tae one I changed, the other I left as a testament tae all PJ's bastardizations.” He pointed at an unopened case sitting on his desk.

Lt Halfwise handed the altered disc to Petty and opened the other case to inspect its contents. After a few minutes he looked up. “I know you are not smart or sober enough to have stolen this disc from under my eyes yourself. So I'll make you a deal. If you tell me who gave you these two discs and where the third one is, I will let you keep the one you altered.”

Petty's forehead wrinkled as he considered the deal. “Och, I told ye, I didnae ken nuthin bout a third disc.”

“Very well,” said Lt Halfwise. “Just tell me who gave you these two.”

“And if I do, ye won't send me tae gaol?” asked Petty.

“You have my word,” said Lt Halfwise.

Petty glanced around the room guiltily for a few seconds. “Och, I'm sorry, but I cannae pass on an opportunity like dis.” He cleared his throat. “The one who dun gave me those discs was yer Detective Inspector. Eldorion!”

Last edited by Eldorion on Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:05 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Editing/fixing typos)
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:36 pm

Eldorion wrote:Poor Agent Nora, I don't think anyone ships her. Laughing Apparently it's Ringo/Eldo all the way with you guys. Razz

oh yeah Razz
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:24 pm

woah! that was unexpected! Shocked but.. what? omg... ?? WHAT!

As always, this was great fun, I like how you picked up on the trønder and that you made Ringo into this housemother making food Very Happy

but I wonder? why was Agent Nora so upset? ammagawwd... this is very interesting Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:09 pm

As much as Im loving this story, Im enjoying the PACE, its not to drawn out & yet not glossing over quickly, just right ! Im enjoying the character descriptions,they are well thought out. Ive got a good visual in my head thanks to the great flow of information. Ooooh, its getting exciting!

Nora's Birthday Surprise - Page 3 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Nora's Birthday Surprise - Page 3 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:20 pm

OMG, just had time to read it. I'm a tall police leftenant?! Nobody's called me tall before! I may have to change my avatar.

I noticed I address people crisply. To go along with that I want to carry a riding crop that I snap impatiently against my leg while interviewing people. Can I have that? Can I? bounce

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:11 pm

whoah... Halfwise...

I imagened a tall very hairy/beared man...
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:55 pm

Well, Priscilla Banks shouldn't have all the fun.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:45 pm

I am amazed Ringdrotten has missed out on this....
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:45 pm

Norc wrote:woah! that was unexpected! Shocked but.. what? omg... ?? WHAT!

As always, this was great fun, I like how you picked up on the trønder and that you made Ringo into this housemother making food Very Happy

but I wonder? why was Agent Nora so upset? ammagawwd... this is very interesting Very Happy

The twists and turns are beginning. Very Happy All shall be revealed by the end though, which will take another one or two updates of similar length to this one. Nod

I like to incorporate little things that get mentioned on the forum so when you and Amarie were talking about Trønder I saw an opportunity. And I figured Ringo wouldn't mind cooking for everyone else since he can be somewhat protective. Cool

Norc wrote:I am amazed Ringdrotten has missed out on this....

Yeah, unfortunately he got busy in real life right around the time I first started writing Needlehole stories. I'm still not sure how much he knows about his doppelganger. Hopefully he won't mind too much. Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:46 pm

azriel wrote:As much as Im loving this story, Im enjoying the PACE, its not to drawn out & yet not glossing over quickly, just right ! Im enjoying the character descriptions,they are well thought out. Ive got a good visual in my head thanks to the great flow of information. Ooooh, its getting exciting!

Thank you very much for the feedback, Azriel. Smile This was meant to be a short story and while it has grown much longer than I originally intended I am trying to keep it moving along briskly. The character parts are the most fun to write for me so I'm glad they're reading well too. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:47 pm

halfwise wrote:OMG, just had time to read it. I'm a tall police leftenant?! Nobody's called me tall before! I may have to change my avatar.

I noticed I address people crisply. To go along with that I want to carry a riding crop that I snap impatiently against my leg while interviewing people. Can I have that? Can I? bounce

Thanks for reading it, Halfwise! Very Happy I had an idea for a new policehobbit who hadn't made a previous appearance but might intimidate DI Eldo and when I was trying to pick a name I thought of yours. Don't ask me why.

I'm not sure but I'll see what I can do about the riding crop. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:58 pm

Eldorion wrote:
Norc wrote:woah! that was unexpected! Shocked but.. what? omg... ?? WHAT!

The twists and turns are beginning. Very Happy All shall be revealed by the end though, which will take another one or two updates of similar length to this one. Nod

I like to incorporate little things that get mentioned on the forum so when you and Amarie were talking about Trønder I saw an opportunity. And I figured Ringo wouldn't mind cooking for everyone else since he can be somewhat protective. Cool

Norc wrote:I am amazed Ringdrotten has missed out on this....

Yeah, unfortunately he got busy in real life right around the time I first started writing Needlehole stories. I'm still not sure how much he knows about his doppelganger. Hopefully he won't mind too much. Laughing

yeah, but is he really a trønder?! Shrugging I think he knows about the abs.. but like.. that's it Razz
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:18 pm

Unfortunately, I still haven't read your stories, Eldo, though I hear I play some part in them Laughing I really must get round to reading them some day, if I could only remember it. And yes, Norc, I am from trøndelag Laughing

Nora's Birthday Surprise - Page 3 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:36 pm

woop woop!! en ekte trønder! Very Happy
I recomend you print the stories out, that way, you can read them when you're doing something else. toilett. buss. waiting rooms etc. Wink
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:42 pm

Simple, yet brilliant - I'll do that Smile

Nora's Birthday Surprise - Page 3 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:48 pm

*thumbs up!*
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:59 pm

I think I found the reason my floors are so disgusting. Its Petty rolling round in his barrel. and he's smoking. Mad

Nora's Birthday Surprise - Page 3 ImagesCABQ8P0S_zpsbaf45efd
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:02 am

Not only that, buckie aint yellow. Twisted Evil

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:34 am

I hope you enjoy the stories if you're able to read them, Ringdrotten. Smile Just remember that I make no claims to accuracy in my depiction of any of the characters! Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next