Middle Earth Roleplaying Project (total conversion mod for Skyrim)

+13
Ringdrotten
chris63
Norc
Owen Yulefield
Mrs Figg
Garek the Guard
Ally
azriel
Eldorion
CC12 35
Pettytyrant101
David H
RA
17 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Middle Earth Roleplaying Project (total conversion mod for Skyrim) - Page 4 Empty Re: Middle Earth Roleplaying Project (total conversion mod for Skyrim)

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue May 14, 2013 12:07 am

Well Id prefer more book less film- so Sarumans orcs should have the white hand emblem on shields and stuff rather than splattered on their face. And whilst the props and costumes ect were probably the best things in the films it still doent seem wise to me to try to use them one the one hand and claim no theft of intellectual property on the other.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Middle Earth Roleplaying Project (total conversion mod for Skyrim) - Page 4 Empty Re: Middle Earth Roleplaying Project (total conversion mod for Skyrim)

Post by CC12 35 Tue May 14, 2013 12:08 am

i dunno owen as a purist of the book the style of the armour really disapointed me, its like, thats not what it was like in the book

you know

Gypsy gal, the hands of Harlem

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue May 14, 2013 12:12 am

For me it simply comes to I would have preferred if Pj had made a film of the book and when it comes to a game Id like to play a game of the book. Not a game of the film, sort of from the book. Simple.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Tue May 14, 2013 12:13 am

what about a game of a fillm about the book about the film

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue May 14, 2013 12:13 am

No.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue May 14, 2013 12:16 am

CC12 35 wrote:what about a game of a fillm about the book about the film

You mean like a game where you play as Peter Jackson directing the films? You have to balance studio pressures and budgetary constraints to finish shooting on schedule and then have the films be a success upon general release. But the more changes you make, the more attacks from rapid purists you have to dodge.

I'd be down.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Tue May 14, 2013 12:17 am

it'd be like zoo tycoon or rollarcoaster tycoon

i was really into those games as a kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue May 14, 2013 12:18 am

Or where you play as PJ and dont bother with anything as trivial as a script whilst you play with all the models and cgi instead and then just make it up on the hoof as you shoot. Middle Earth Roleplaying Project (total conversion mod for Skyrim) - Page 4 1918643206

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue May 14, 2013 12:18 am

That's what I was thinking.

The zoo tycoon expansion with dinosaurs was the shit.

I also liked building walls around the guests and putting them in exhibits.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Tue May 14, 2013 12:19 am

lol! YES that's what everyone did (including me)

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Tue May 14, 2013 12:20 am

that's one of those classic moments like when i was playing civilisation and spend 300 years researching sailing when my country didn't have a sea

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue May 14, 2013 12:20 am

Did you ever put tigers in an exhibit with prey animals (sometimes humans) just to see what would happen? Cause I did that once or twice ... a game.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue May 14, 2013 12:22 am

My biggest facepalm moment in Civilization was when I accidentally declared war on the Babylonians by pressing the wrong button when asked if I wanted to cross their border without permission.

I spend the next few centuries getting my ass handed to me and eventually had to start over from scratch. Sad
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Tue May 14, 2013 12:23 am

i struggle on novice on the smallest size world, all of them are just incredibly hard for me

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Tue May 14, 2013 12:24 am

and i normally get bored after a few hours and declare war on someone and my underdeveloped economy and militray just fall apart and i either lose or beg for peace

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue May 14, 2013 12:26 am

I haven't played in years but when I did our lousy family computer couldn't handle the graphics requirements of Civ 4 on any but the smallest world size and completely crapped out on the expansion pack.

I was too timid to go to war much without exhaustive preparations. I loved exploring and building trade but I wasn't that good at it IIRC.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Tue May 14, 2013 12:33 am

yeah it was annoying how strong enemies defending their land were

normally it would be approaching the end of the game and i still had warriros defending some of my cities

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue May 14, 2013 1:03 am

I always thought it was bullshit when I had a helicopter that got defeated by mounted cavalry, though I couldn't complain too much when the tables were turned and my guys didn't get wiped out.

I really liked Age of Mythology too, though that game was sort of ruined for me when I learned about cheat codes and would just give myself infinite resources and armies of titans every time.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Tue May 14, 2013 1:05 am

that family guy episode where peter is explaining cheat codes to god I love you

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Tue May 14, 2013 8:00 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:For me it simply comes to I would have preferred if Pj had made a film of the book and when it comes to a game Id like to play a game of the book. Not a game of the film, sort of from the book. Simple.
There's so little of the mod that was completed before the cease and desist letter to judge before that sort of conclusion can even be reached.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Tue May 14, 2013 10:27 pm

but pj did make a film of the book ? #confused

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Wed May 15, 2013 12:05 am

sorry owen for hikacking the thread again

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Thu May 16, 2013 6:23 am

Yeah, sorry about that.

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Thu May 16, 2013 6:29 pm

twenty-five exhilarating games of Solitaire later

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Thu May 23, 2013 1:37 am

Ok. I've begun editing the YouTube video for Merp. I've just been really busy.
Should have it done in (hopefully) a few more days.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next