azriel
Norc
Mrs Figg
Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
23 posters

Page 6 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 27  Next

Go down

3Rd Annual Forumshire Awards Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: 3Rd Annual Forumshire Awards Discussion Thread

Post by Norc Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:25 pm

suggestion for nominations.

Eldo's http://www.hobbitmovieforum.com/t312-the-needlehole-mysteries-resumed

Haven't gone through this, but there's stories by Mrs Figg, Amariƫ, Kafria and Petty
http://www.hobbitmovieforum.com/t336-dark-planet-day-challenge-forumshire-fanfic

then there is anonymous writer (who was that in the end, I can't remember) http://www.hobbitmovieforum.com/t394-my-untitled-novel

and then another anonymous author: http://www.hobbitmovieforum.com/t400-hannah-and-ethel

and then there is the archet bugle, mainly the new story, but I believe he/she/it has loads.. recommendations?

this is something Tinuviel wrote, but I haven't read it.http://www.hobbitmovieforum.com/t340-panacea-a-solo-show

I don't have time to go through the creative corner much more, but people who've been there, read something, please nominate or whatever or say your views on the ones I've already mentioned(haven't nominated, just breathed the names)
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

3Rd Annual Forumshire Awards Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: 3Rd Annual Forumshire Awards Discussion Thread

Post by Norc Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:26 pm

yes, best unfinished story, in true tolkien spirit, would fit right in. There is the needle hole mysteries, Hannah and Ethel and probably some more that would fit into that category.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:28 pm

Thanks Norc that gives me a start on compiling a list of nomineess and story titles.
If everyone could nominate some that would be great. I will put forward a preliminary list of Creative Corner nominees in the next few days.

I'll add best unfinshed to the list then.

editt add- Ive updated the list (page 7) and removed Mrs Figg from the nominees.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:35 pm

Best individual story does that include short stories as well as long novels?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:41 pm

I think eventually the Creative Corner awards will be thinned out a bit where there are overlaps- the best individual story can probably go if we are going to have a best short story- best serial should cover longer stuff as I dont think anyone has posted a long story in one single chunk.

Not sure if Wholesome Tales should qualify in the stroy section or not, as it is already nominated in the Best Newspaper category as its published by the Archet Bugle.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:43 pm

serial like needlehole and Agent Nora-ish. where there is a plot that get finished and then there is a new story. best drama would be like..theatre/musical and comedy.. archet bugle?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:08 pm

Rough list of nominees-

Best serial.
The Darkest Day (DP fan fic)- Petty Tyrant
Tales from Middle Earth- Lance
Hannah and Ethel- unknown
Nuwest Who- Orwell
Needlehole Mysterious- Eldorion

Best Short Story
Home for christmas- Norc
How Eldo got his groove back-Eldorion
Seasons- Squach

Best Author
Norc
PettyTyrant
Orwell
Archet Bugle
Eldorion
Kafria
Squach
Lance
Tinuviel

Best Unfinished Tale
Untitled Story (Dp fan fic) - Kafria
Home- Petty Tyrant
My Untitled Novel- unknown

Best graphic/illustration
Norc
Petty Tyrant
Eldorion
Ally
David

Stuff yet to find a category-
Pamacea- Tinuviel (play)
The Wise Collection- Wisey- poetry

Only highlights what a shame it is Mrs Figg has withdrawn- looks odd without the Agent Nora stuff in best serial (considering how popular they are) and she would also have been in the best graphic/illustration and Best author categories. Ho hum!

Looking for more suggestions- Im bound to have missed some.

Last edited by Pettytyrant101 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:32 pm; edited 3 times in total

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:31 pm

I think that Mrs Figg raises a valid point about some awards being created with specific people in mind, but I think that last year showed that not everything is predictable. I certainly hope that we have variety and my votes will probably reflect that (I didn't vote for myself to retain my Best Lore title last year, for instance). I hope Mrs Figg will reconsider being nominated but I understand if she doesn't want to. However, I do think she should still be able to vote.

Also, on the Creative Corner awards, I'd like to nominate Nuwest Who in the Best Serial category. I'm not sure where to group the Wholesome Tales since they're so varied, but Nuwest Who was a spin-off of that and I feel more strongly about including NW. Smile Also, if it's not too presumptuous, I'd like to second Norc's nomination of The Needlehole Mysteris in the serial category (assuming we can have works in both the serial and short story categories). Smile

Final thoughts: I think Ally should be in the Best Graphics section. Her photoshops are pretty great. Very Happy Also, should Orwell and Anon Author really be listed separately? I'd hate to split the vote for the two of them.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:37 pm

Problem with Wholseome Tales is they are already nominated in the Newspaper category- and if I take them out of that category that would only leave NotP and State News- and State News hasnt published too much this year.

Ive added Ally to the list (just an oversight on my part- which is why I need feedback) and Ive added Nuwest Who to the serials (whose the author of that?)

On the point of some awards favouring certain people- the awards have always been that way- the categories reflect aspect of the forum and its posters- I think the field is more open this year than in previous years, and as you point out Eldo- some categories where there seems a clear favourite can go the other way when it comes to the vote.
I am more open to adding categories to widen the field than I am to removing exisiting ones- as I feel they give a sense of continuity between awards and give people something to win/defend or lose.

Ive left out Needlehole Mysterious for the present- does it not have multiple authors?

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:45 pm

Just a question, but is it necessary to name the author when nominating a work of creative fiction? Because I think the Agent Nora series deserves to stand on it's own merits, and I'd like to nominate it for best series if nobody objects.
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:49 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Problem with Wholseome Tales is they are already nominated in the Newspaper category- and if I take them out of that category that would only leave NotP and State News- and State News hasnt published too much this year.

Ah, that makes sense I guess. I would have considered Wholesome Tales and Archet Bugle as separate but so long as they're nominated somewhere I'm cool with that.

Ive added Ally to the list (just an oversight on my part- which is why I need feedback) and Ive added Nuwest Who to the serials (whose the author of that?)

Orwell/Anon Author.

Ive left out Needlehole Mysterious for the present- does it not have multiple authors?

Nope, Needlehole Mysteries were mine. Norc and Amarie were writing a spin-off of it for a whole though.

David H wrote:Just a question, but is it necessary to name the author when nominating a work of creative fiction? Because I think the Agent Nora series deserves to stand on it's own merits, and I'd like to nominate it for best series if nobody objects.

I think that Agent Nora absolutely deserves to be nominated but I guess it's up to Mrs Figg. For what it's worth, the Creative Corner Awards are a wide-open field with many deserving nominees so I don't think there's a clear favorite at this point, which is a good thing. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:35 pm

Ive added Needlehole Mysterious to the best serial categories.

Unfortuntely David I can't add Agent Nora for so long as Mrs Figg does not want to be nominated. Although I agree the list is incomplete without it.

"I would have considered Wholesome Tales and Archet Bugle as seperate"- Eldo

Problem with that is the Archet Bugle rarily puiblishes anything other than Wholesome Tales.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:47 pm

Fair point. Laughing

Thanks again for keeping track of all the nominees. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:51 pm

Heres the full list as it currently stands-

Forum Awards-

Most Liberal
Tinuviel
Ally
Norc
leelee
Amarie

Most Pure

Elthir
Ringdrotten
Kafria
Sinister
Lorient
Recovery Anomonyous
Petty Tyrant
Eldorion
Orwell
Chris

Most Respected

Ringdrottten
Tinuviel
Amarie
Halfwise
Orwell
David
Elthir
Kafria
Lorient
Chris
Lance
Leelee
Eldorion

Best Nose
Amarie
Tinuviel
Kafria
Ally
David
Orwell
Norc
Halfwise (well maybe, under the fur)

Best Female
(all female Forumshirians- excluding Mrs Figg)

Best male
(all male Forumshiarians)

Most enigmatic
Norc
Ally
Orwell
Azriel
Leelee
Halfwise

Best Lore
Eldorion
Elthir
Chris
Petty Tyrant (Im making up the numbers!)
(Suggestions required)

Best news hound
Petty Tyrant
Chris
Eldorion

Best Newspaper
New of the Pure
The Archet Bugle (Wholesome Tales)
State News

Best Newcomer
Sinister71
Norc
Semiramis
Feanor 1999
Recoveryanonymous
Turembar
Lancebloke
Kendalf
Yooper
MeikoElektra
Azriel
Carly Castle

Most Crabbit
Petty Tyrant
Azriel
Orwell
Eldorion (well Star Wars new trilogy gets him crabbit)

Best unique forumshire device/phrase/meme
Buckie
norcing
encryption brackets

Best Avatar
(all members)

Best Norcer
Ally
Norc
David
Halfwise
Orwell
Petty Tyrant

Creative Corner Awards

Best serial.
The Darkest Day (DP fan fic)- Petty Tyrant
Council of Odo- Odo
Tales from Middle Earth- Lance
Hannah and Ethel- unknown
Council of Tyrants- Petty Tyrant
Nuwest Who- Orwell
Needlehole Mysterious- Eldorion

Best Short Story

Pies- Norc
How Eldo got his groove back-Eldorion
Seasons- Squach

Best Author
Norc
PettyTyrant
Orwell
Archet Bugle
Eldorion
Kafria
Squach
Lance
Tinuviel

Best Unfinished Tale

Untitled Story (Dp fan fic) - Kafria
Home- Petty Tyrant
My Untitled Novel- Lance

Best graphic/illustration
Norc
Petty Tyrant
Eldorion
Ally
David

Last edited by Pettytyrant101 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:49 pm; edited 4 times in total

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:13 pm

How about the Council of Odo and the Council of Tyrants?

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Garek the Guard Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:25 pm

Lest we forget...
Garek the Guard
Garek the Guard
Lucky Number

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:40 pm

Oh drat, I see the Council of Odo was started in December, though the Council of Tyrants began in January. How do you count a series that bleeds across the boundary? I love them both and would like to see them considered.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:49 pm

Council of Odo started less than two weeks before the end of the year. I think we can safely say that it is was outside the eligibility period of last year's awards, particularly since Norc is eligible for Newcomer this year. She joined at the very end of 2011 as well.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:55 pm

Yay!! Smile

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:57 pm

What category would they go in- best serial? Short story? Or Unfinished Tale?

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:04 pm

Best serial I believe.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:04 pm

OK. Ive added them to the above list.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:43 pm

it's too bad Figg isn't on the list. She should really be one of the graphic nominees. Though i believe we can nominate her work, so Agent Nora in the best serial.

Also, I like my pie story better that Home for Christmas, but maybe that's just me.

also, I nominate Mrs Figg for most crabbit. because she left the whole thing.

also, Hannah and Ethel is an unfinished tale I believe.

and this makes me very happy Smile

particularly since Norc is eligible for Newcomer this year. She joined at the very end of 2011 as well.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:31 pm

I can add to or change anything in the list you want Norc- its juts a preliminary list to give people an idea- can you link me to the pie story? (theres a question I thought I'd never ask again!) Or tell me the title- I am assuming its not called Pie Story- although you never know! And I will add it to the list.

And I dont think we can put up stuff by Mrs Figg if she has withdrawn herself from the awards. Nor am I sure we should as I dont really want to set a precedent of people picking and choosing what categories they are nominated in. In or out- not halfway.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:34 pm

How about we stop speculating about Mrs Figg until she has a chance to come back and respond herself? Wink
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 27  Next