Post by Bluebottle Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:25 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:Kiwi hey? is that North or South Kiwi? Cool  

I think he is actually a kakapo in a waistcoat. :brows:

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Shannon - Page 3 Empty Re: Shannon

Post by Handsome Harry Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:30 pm

Halfy! You might be right. My fear as well. But it’s good to know she’s okay. And that’s good. 👍
Handsome Harry
Handsome Harry
Shireling

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:39 pm

Yes, it was like finding Meiko Electra.  Who one might not say is "ok" but ... persevering - triumphantly.

https://www.meikogeorgouras.com/scroll-series

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Handsome Harry Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:44 pm

On the issue of one’s quality of life and mental state, persevering = ‘okay’ for me.
Handsome Harry
Handsome Harry
Shireling

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:57 am

With the help of a lady friend, I have returned, thus thwarting Amarie’s deep state plot! Hurrah!  😎

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:18 pm

cheers
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:34 am

Yes, I’m back, Julia. And I feel it incumbent on me to inform everyone that as Moderator General, I plan in these troubled times to impose dominance and discipline and a certain firmness on anyone who is disrespectful of the rules here. To keep order in the chaos. So, be mindful, Julia, as you have long been a disobedient Forumshiran - as Odo would say, a disrespectable type by very nature - you might well expect some firm dominance coming your way if you slip into disrespectability henceforth. Just saying.

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:54 am

Dominance indeed. Well played, Orwell.

Shannon - Page 3 Screen14

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:29 am

Well, how did that happen!? I never would deliberately do something like that! 😳

We do live in a Trumplican universe at the mo, so these things can happen, if you’re Moderator General...  or something... It’s not anything to do with hypocrisy, as such, just different rules for different people. Cool

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:22 pm

Eldy wrote:Hi, Ally. Smile

Sorry I'm a bit late in replying to this thread. Turns out that after seven years of speculation and second-guessing, I ended up not knowing what to say when finally given the opportunity! Still not really sure, so I'll just settle for saying that it's indescribably relieving and happy to hear from you and know that you're still around. I'm really glad you decided to drop by here again. Hope things are going well for you these days.

Thank you Eldy; hope you and your loved ones are keeping safe xx

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:38 pm

I've been working for nearly a week to try to figure out where the cryptic part of that statement is buried, but still can't find it. Disarmingly straightforward but I'll get to the bottom of it!

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:42 pm

Ally, I fear, might have gone and got all growed up, Halfy! Had brief correspondence with her. Nice to hear from her in person.(I was fashionably late in replying to her reply to my PM!) All is good. The thought Ally is around, even if she’s all growed up, makes me happy. Cool

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:34 pm

You mean her cryptocracy sprang from the freshness of a young mind rather than being intrinsic to Ally? I suppose I shall have to accept a growed up Ally (though I never thought of her as particularly young as a very keen intellect was obviously in play) the some way I've had to struggle with a growed up Norc and (though we haven't been subjected to it and I doubt I could deal with it) the thought of a growed up Squach.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:22 pm

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:12 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:

Being growed up has little to commend it.

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:49 pm

A college friend of mine made a couple of pertinent comments:

"The teenage years are a long series of near misses."

"Adulthood is spent trying to recapture childhood."

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:43 pm

halfwise wrote:A college friend of mine made a couple of pertinent comments:

"The teenage years are a long series of near misses."

"Adulthood is spent trying to recapture childhood."

Housman said that youth is wasted on the young. I think it was Housman.

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:31 pm

Handsome Harry wrote:The Banks Clan all have different email addresses but I can’t redo my forgotten passwords because I can’t remember any of them there emails, sonny!* Not that I know who you are talking about, ‘Banks Clan’? Sounds preposterous, and me being what they call a ‘Newbie’. Not that I know what that is, though I am often called a ‘Nudie’...not that the police can ever catch me... And you can call me Handsome. Everyone else can call me Harry. And as to who you are, Pettytyrant101, well met. Are you Scootish perchance? One of those be-kilted Scoots I have heard of...down here in Ozhob...err...Kiwiland...

Anyway, this is not about you, it’s about me and my long lust love, Ally. Well, not so much about the love. And maybe we should meet. Not you and me, Ally and me. This is like old times, but with inuendoes.  Very Happy

*For some reason i got logged out totally from my accounts, which were on auto log in or some such thing.

PS I want to see Ally’s private diaries. I bet you they are filled with darkness and whimsy and blackness and poetry and fire and sauce....lots of sauce....

Uhhh no...mostly filled with my desperate attempts at finding a boyfriend + wanting to change gender + wanting to live like Chris McCandless.

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:04 pm

Wait, you mean we'd comb through the journals and still be no closer to discovering the ever mysteriously alluring Kate?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:10 am

I also must remark on the incompatibility of your three goals.  I can't but admire that for such a young age.  Most people take decades before they realize life is irreducibly complicated.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:54 pm

halfwise wrote:I also must remark on the incompatibility of your three goals.  I can't but admire that for such a young age.  Most people take decades before they realize life is irreducibly complicated.

Oh, I spent a lot of time dwelling on how incompatible they seemed, especially with those last two things. It's challenging to be nomadic when you need weekly trips to the GP & pharmacy. As a university student, I did hitchhike for months at a time (long summer holidays!) buying food from shops which I cooked up on my little backpacking stove. Wild camping where I could. Trying to live outdoors as much as I could.

I suspect a lot of people wonder how their lives would have played out if they hadn't got a steady job and 'grown-up'. I know everyone wants the life they can't have & I'm not unhappy. But the freedom was enticing, and I still daydream about living like that.

Lots of my friends tell me that they dream of buying a small rural homestead with the person they love. I actually think that would probably result in a happier life than living like a Jack London or Kerouac character.

The middle ground for disparate dreams, I guess.

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:08 pm

One of my former high school students took to travelling as part of a grunge band - weeks sleeping on couches of fellow musicians, camping in foul weather, the whole works with basically no income for years.  She told me she couldn't believe her parents were supportive.  I told her they were supportive because they regretted giving up the same chances long ago.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:26 am

True. plus parents know the sense of loss so are happy to contribute to making their offspring fullfill their dreams & hopes. When your kids are happy so are you. I dont see border lines between children & parents as they get older & achieve what the other couldnt, it all rolls into one & happiness wraps itself around you all like a cosy warm blanket.

Shannon - Page 3 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Shannon - Page 3 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:18 pm

Jack Kerouac wasn't middle-aged. Once you become middle-aged you will want 5 star luxury and someone to peel your grapes. Believe me freezing soggy tents and digging holes to poo in just doesn't cut it when you are middle-aged.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:38 pm

I still flee from 5 stars like the plague, but I do like a toilet every now and again.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum