Post by Mrs Figg Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:09 pm

Haddon Hall - Page 11 N643161362_1628966_5902
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Haddon Hall - Page 11 Empty Re: Haddon Hall

Post by Turembar Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:54 pm

(Is that a painting or a photograph of the Lady?)

Haddon Hall

Boudica walked up to Figgy and tilted he head, saying "Lady Litton?" questioningly. Everyone else in the room just stared, including Tom.

"No..." replied Figgy confused now. "...I thought you were?"

"Your not the only one to have made that mistake." said Boudica, "For we indeed looked almost exactly alike. But I did know the Lady in the old days when there was but a Holy Grove and Stones upon this hill. After she arrived out-of-the-blue, the people talked and were fearful, so we assumed the roll of cousins and she was welcomed into my household until she married. I am Boudica, once Queen of the Iceni, and now just Guardian of the Sacred Hill"

"But still our Queen." said Odo. And Boudica threw him a annoyed glance.

"Oh, I see." said Figgy, suddenly very tired and putting a hand on Tom's chair back to steady herself.

"And you are Figgy then ? That is Liza Figgs, the woman Tom has told us had a unusual experience in the basement." asked Boudica.

"Yes." replied Figgy nodding.

"Well then you must be another cousin! Exclaimed Boudica smiling. For you also have our same look. But I am sorry for being rude, for I see you are weary with the Time-Lag and please have a seat. Now be a gentleman Petty and let the Lady have your seat, and while your up, get me the largest plan of the Hall you can find."

"Yes, oh Queen of Munificence", mumbled Petty getting up heavily.

Boudica then turned and to the company said, "Allright lets' all go and help get the visitors to their cars. Afterwards all the house guests can meet again in here.

"Another Meeting?" complained Petty, who still had not made it out of the room.

"Are you still here?" said Boudica suddenly turning to face Petty with a look that would kill at 1000 yds.

"No." said Petty meekly and he slipped out of the room.

Soon all had left except Tom and Figgy who sat next to one another just resting, at the end of the table. Tom's legs and head still ached, and he didn't want to move. He was looking at Figgy who was settling into her chair, and was thinking how lovely she looked in the Elizabethan dress. Looking up Figgy noticed him staring and Tom quickly averted his eyes a little embarrassed.

"Figgy, I totally believe your story now." said Tom emphatically.

Figgy nodded with a smile and then said, "Now if it would only end." ruefully.

Turembar
Turembar
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Turembar Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:29 pm

Haddon Hall

(This happened a little earlier at some point)

The older workman returned to his room and found Figgy still asleep on the bed and the younger man sitting in a chair.

"Hey Jack..." said the younger man. "Did you find Roger then?"

"No..." replied Jack. He must already be waiting for us at the Gardeners House. But I checked the door and those foriegners aren't around anymore. So let's take her Ladyship out then."

"Right." said the younger man who's name was Trevor.

The two carried Figgy out without incident this time and proceded towards the walled garden. Jack who was leading aimed them towards the garden gate and Trevor said. "Hey Jack, remember Roger said to go around and keep to the shadows like."

"I know, but we have lost some time & there's no one about. There all up at the party anyway." Jack said heavily, already short of breath, with a nod up the hill. Music could be heard coming from there.

"All right then, but it was your idea." said Trevor snickering.

"Here then, stop a moment while I open the gate" said Jack, and they laid Figgy down again, while he opened the heavy wooden gate in the stone archway. Picking her up again they walked thru the gateway and almost fell over backwards when Figgy suddenly disappeared and her weight they were carrying was gone without warning.

"What the hell!" exclaimed Trevor. Jack was turning about frantically peering all around in the moonlight.

"Not so loud! Come on, we have to find her!" said Jack in a harsh whisper.

"But she's not here!" replied Trevor lowering his voice. "She bloody disappeared!"

Turembar
Turembar
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:31 pm

no its just a random picture that I liked Very Happy

Boudicca called to order and everyone sat quietly waiting for her to begin the meeting, all eyes were on her and she seemed to like the attention.
'I will explain briefly for the newcomers, the situation as it stands' she said.
'We are the Guardians of the Sacred Grove, our duty is to protect the loci from attack and abuse, we have fought for a thousand years, since the time of Janoc the Roman, he began as our enemy but we came to know him as a man of honour, he left us an inheritace that should have allowed us the ability to travel at will through the layers of time, but part of this inheritance was stolen by some unscrupulous men from your time', here she looked at me and Tom as if it was our fault, I felt a stab of anger, we had nothing to do with the three fake Romans who had buried the objects on the hill hoping to dig them up in the Now.

I noticed Petty was backing out of the room, trying not to show his face, but I caught a glimpse in the candle light and knew I had seen him before. He was one of the Romans I was sure. He caught me looking and left pretty quickly, I didnt know whether I should mention it outloud, but I would tell Tom later.

'It is my duty', she continued 'to find the objects before they are sold or trafficked abroad in some antique collectors hoard, we have had our spies out for months and have found a link to organized crime and a certain Janoc II, a decendant of the Roman Janoc, basically he sees the objects as his and is determined to get them back at any cost. The problem is if the objects are dispersed they destabilize the fabric of time, it begins to unwind and fray, the results are the time storms you have felt and they are getting worse, far worse will happen if Janoc succeeds, time will come undone and there will be no continuity, no order.

I remembered the bewildering feelings of confusion when I wore the torque, the coin and the medal all at once, I wondered if it was all connected in some way?

'We are here tonight to put a stop to Janoc and his crew, we believe there are his spies in our midst, but there is no proof', she said sternly, a ripple of surprise went round the room, by all accounts this was news.
'Tonight is the equinox and the anniversary of the building of the house, the first stone was laid today one thousand years ago, either we stop Janoc or the house will fall and time will be undone forever.
'But doesnt Janoc know about the time storms?' I piped up.
'No he thinks he has the power to control the situation', said Boudicca.
'and that is what makes him so dangerous'.

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Turembar Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:20 pm

Haddon Hall

"Well is that all." said Tom blithely. "You had me worried there for a moment."

""I appreciate the attempt, Mr Johnson..." said Boudica "...but fail to see the humor in this."

Tom was also a bit annoyed with the lowering mood and wished to reassert himself as not exactly part of their group.

"OK, but it may not be that hard to find the three... " Tom began, looking for a word, "....Talismans...since we already have two."

All eye's turned towards him, and looking directly at Boudica he said "I brought you your coin back...."

"Yes, you did." said Boudica nodding and seeming to understand Tom's implied meaning of 'you can trust me.' "But you say we have a second Talisman?"

"Yes." replied Tom nodding and drawing it out for personal satisfaction.

"Where is it then?" said Boudica obviously annoyed at being played, but refraining from possibly making it worse by getting angry.

"Here." said Tom matter-of-factly and he gently grasped Figgy's wrist, and raised her arm up a little for all to see. "For Figgy has brought the Torque back." As he did so Figgy looked at Tom with puzzlement. "It's OK Figgy." Tom said.

There were murmors around the table, and after a moment Tom lowered Figgy's arm, but held her wrist lightly for a few seconds longer. He was reluctant to let go. Figgy did not pull her arm away, but said under her breath "I don't know if I want to give it up."

"I know the feeling." said Tom, also quietly, so no one but Figgy could hear. "But we are out of our depth here and it would be best to go with the flow, I think."

"Your probably right." Figgy said with a sigh, and slowly pulling her arm out of Tom's grasp, removed the Torque from her wrist, got up and went over to Boudica. "Here is your Torque." she said offering it to Boudica.

The Queen Boudica had watched the whole thing without revealing what she felt, but when Figgy approached her, she smiled and said. "I thank you for returning one of our treasures. But you may keep it for now, as it may yet serve you again before the night is done, and I already have a Talisman." As she said this she reached in her pocket and pulled out the coin to show Figgy. Figgy took the coin from Boudica for a moment and looked thoughtfully at both sides. Figgy then returned the coin and put the Torque back on her wrist. For some reason it made her feel safer, or maybe it was stronger. Finally she nodded to the Queen and returned to her seat, and as she did so she grasped Tom's hand under the table, and held it.

Turembar
Turembar
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:33 am

The Portrait.

'So where is Janoc now?, said Tom, 'I have not seen him since my meeting with his henchmen in the cellar'.
'We dont exactly know, said Boudicca, 'He has the ability to travel at will through time, but we do know he has a weak point, an achilles Heel. It was a phrophecy, and one we are searching for desperately here in the archives and library'. She pointed to the many books and papers on the table. There were modern books along side parchments and scrolls.
'The prophecy says that only the man with the sign of the wolf can defeat him'.
This man is the key to his defeat and our victory, but we cannot find him, and we do not know in what manner he will defeat Janoc. We are searching for details, anything to unfold this mystery, but time is running out, its nearly too late'.

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:36 am

Haddon Hall - Page 11 1246646968_cartogb
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Turembar Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:00 am

Tom had a uncomfortable physical reaction to this news. His stomach rose and his heart sank. 'Sign of the Wolf!' he thought. "What more do they want? A written letter of introduction from his Wolf Mommy?. With his free hand he loosened the collar of his Polo shirt. He did not feel up to this in the least. He would have never have come had he known Janoc was here as it was. And that was just Janoc the small time mobster. This powerful Janoc from the past who could move thru time was 100 times worse. He wanted to go home and pretend it wasn't happening. He felt Figgy squeeze his hand and turning saw she was watching him with a concerned face. Tom felt a drop of perspiration fall from his forehead onto his open throat.

"Your not alone." Figgy said quietly and pressed his hand again.

Tom took a deep breath and nodded to her. But he was still too shaken to talk about it. "I need something to drink." was all he said.

"Good idea." said Boudica, who then said "Let's go out now for a break. Will everyone please go and move some of the refreshments into the lobby. We'll meet back here once all the visitors are off."
Turembar
Turembar
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Turembar Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:01 am

Haddon Hall - The Party Turns Hot

Tom and Figgy went out with the rest and helped bring in some tables and then food and drink. As they set it up in the Lobby, the party guests filed thru and out to the private parking lot. Or at least most of them did, for Tom noticed a fair portion remained, like themselves in the Lobby in small groups talking. Tom and Figgy stood alone by a tea pot and had already guzzled one cup and eaten half a scone. Neither had eaten since morning and they were famished. They were wrking on their second tea when the room suddenly echoed with the loud explosions of gunshots. Tom heard the whizz one one pass close by and the smash of glass behind him. He grabbed Figgy and pulled her down to the ground and then under the table. Taking a quick look out from under the table, Tom could see muzzle flashes coming from down one corridor. It was the corridor that contained the stairs going down to the crypt. He also saw people dashing away at a crouch, trying to get out of the way of fire. Two, Orwell's security people, Tom guessed were against the wall on either side of the corridor entrance, and periodically firing down the corridor. Two other people were down, hit apparently lying on the floor between Tom and the corridor. Tom grabbed the pot of tea and a cup and ducked back under the table. Handing the Tea to Figgy he said "Whatever you do don't lose this." and made a poor imitation of a smile. He then tipped the table over so it became a wall between them and where the firing was coming from, and plates and cups smashed on the stone floor. He was planning to make a dash and pull one of the downed people out of the way, but more security people were arriving now and Tom though he heard Orwell arrive and shouting orders. His security now opened up a constant fire while others ran to the downed people and pulled them out of the way. Shortly after, the security people made a rush down the corridor and drove the assailants back down the stairs. One of the assailants was left behind, dead, curled up on the floor.

"All right, you Eldo, stay with me and cover the stairs. The rest of you get furniture to block up the stairwell." said Orwell.

After the stairs was blocked, they then blocked up all the ways into the main house area. There turned out to be four entrances, two being the corridors that led to the rest of the castle, which followed the outer walls roughly, and one into the high courtyard where the dance was held. The last entrance was on the other side of the house and opened to the Manners private parking area. Tom and Figgy helped and they piled thick layers of furniture over head high in the passagways, with little gaps to keep watch (or shoot) thru. While going about their work Tom had stopped to look at the dead assailant, by the stairs. He was surprised to see it did not look like one of Janocs men, but instead was dressed in very old style fine clothes, like from the late 1700's. He even had a powered wig, that was askance now, and revealed greying thin hair. Tom looked for his gun, but someone must have already picked it up. Tom shook his head puzzled and went back to piling furniture. While working at the doorway to the courtyard he heard Orwell, Boudica and a few others in discussion behind him.

"It was bad enough, but not really a main effort, I think." said Orwell. "There were only a few involved."

"I should have remembered the crypt." said Boudica sadly.

"We all forgot." said Odo. "But listen Orwell, wouldn't it be good to leave one exit clear, in case we have to evacuate.

"Good point." said Orwell. "We will keep the main entrance to the parking lot free."

Tom had gotten seperated from Figgy while they worked, but now found her again, carrying a chair in one hand and cradling the pot of tea in the other. "Good man!" said Tom with a chuckle. "I see you have kept the Tea!".

"You bet!" said Figgy cracking a smile. "But it's up to you to come up with some cups."
Turembar
Turembar
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Turembar Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:57 pm

Haddon Hall - (Bits and pieces)

Retcon 5 - The three Talismans were not sold on the underground black market. Only some of Harry's Heirlooms and the Roman Eagle. Tom has to have come by the coin then, some other way. Boudica is still upset someone sold the Eagle, for it is a cherished memento of Sequens.

On Lady Littons Keltic Lover - He is not actually a Kelt. He was a plain soldier in Harry the First's service in Elizabethan times, that had a crush on Lady Litton. Somehow he went back to Boudica's time and remained there and got together with Lady Litton.

Boudica and Sequens - When Boudica was very young and just a daughter in her Father's household she illicitly fell in love with a Roman soldier (Sequens) who was stationed at a nearby Roman Fort. They could meet because a village had sprung up around the Fort consisting of Roman veterans settling after retiring and romanized Kelts. Sequens had a kind of part-time job with a Blacksmith armourer and also was in love with Boudica. The tryst was discovered and Boudica was moved away by her parents and she never saw Sequens again. When the three stooges showed up at Boudica's secret refuge much later, she was able to determine the Eagle had been given to them by Sequens, because as Signifer, only he wore the Wolf skin cloak over his helmet and armor. That is also how she fould out about Sequens death. She later made a secret journey with the three to to try and find Sequens remains, to bring them back to Haddon Hill. But it was a few years before it was safe enough to risk the journey and they were unable to find the clearing where he had died.
Turembar
Turembar
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Turembar Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:20 pm

Haddon House

"All right... If I can't come up with a few cups in a house like this, I should throw in the towel anyway." said Tom, and he began looking around. His search brought him by some people kneeling besides one of the people who had been injured. It was a woman, who was grimacing silently with her eyes closed. Tom went nearer to take a closer look, and saw she had been shot in the leg. The ones rendering first aid were competent, and had the wound dressed already from a large first aid kit.

"We should move her upstairs to a bedroom." said one of the care givers looking around.

"If you give me just a moment I can make up a stretcher." said Tom.

"That would help." replied the care giver.

Tom found Figgy again and asked her to come up with a stout blanket from upstairs, and off she went. Looking around for something to use as poles, he spied two old crossed spears mounted on one of the walls. "Perfect" Tom thought to himself, and he removed the two spears from the mountings. Figgy returned with a blanket shortly after, and with her help they assembled a stretcher next to the injured woman. It took a moment to get the folds right, but it was soon done. The care givers had in the meantime moved to the side and Figgy and Tom realized they were also the stretcher team. After exchanging a look, Tom went to the woman's side and getting another person to assist, rolled her carefully onto her good side. Figgy then slid the stretcher underneath her and together they lowered and shifted her onto it. Going to the pole handles at head and feet, Tom and Figgy tentatively lifted the woman and found the stretcher stable. "Are you good?" Tom asked Figgy.

"Yes, she isn't that heavy." Figgy replied, and they headed towards the main staircase on the other end of the Lobby. As they went they passed the other person who'd been hit, laying by themselves off to the side with a table cloth laid completely over them. Tom sighed, and it occurred to him how businesslike and unexcited everyone was about it. He would have expected a bit more confusion and hysteria. The carry up the stairs was harder, and they stopped to rest twice, but eventually they made it up and followed two of the care givers who had come with them to a bedroom on the second floor. After getting the woman transferred to the bed, the care givers said they would take it from there, and Tom and Figgy went back down with the stretcher. By the time they got back to the Lobby, Boudica and Odo were ushering everyone back into the dining room and Orwell's security people were taking up their positions at the barricades. Tom had thought to move the dead person somewhere, but noticed they were already gone. Tom & Figgy laid the empty stretcher down, out of the way.

"I hope we don't have to use this anymore." said Figgy.

"Me too." replied Tom, arching his eyebrows. "I'll go find some cups quick, and meet you in the dining room."

"OK" responded Figgy.

But removing the spears from the wall, had given Tom an idea and he quickly looked about for some other weapon to carry for defense first. He located a sword fairly rapidly with a nice hand guard (not that he knew how to use it really) but no scabbard. So he just carried it pointed down and found some cups behind the Lobby counter. He was about the last to enter the small dining room which now felt crowded with about 25 people crammed in altogether. He was surprised to find Figgy sitting at the same chair and the one he'd been sitting in was empty. Making his way to it, he first passed Orwell who glanced at the sword and then gave him a disapproving look.
Turembar
Turembar
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Turembar Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:40 am

Haddon Hall

Tom set the cups down on his table and took his seat next to Figgy. Her eyes widened when she saw the cups. Despite being a little embarassed she filled them from her tea pot. Tom was at a loss what to do with his sword and eventually just laid it on the table in front of him. Tom took a long sip of tea and noticed many in the room were staring at him and Figgy.

Boudica had been talking quietly with Odo and Orwell at the opposite end of the table but now she stood up and got everyone's attention. She remained standing and briefly introduced Tom and Figgy to the group and then summarized what they had discussed at the first meeting. Tom noticed Boudica now had a bow and quiver of arrows hanging from her chair and a short sword in a scabbard at her waist. Having finished the summary she now brooched new subjects and Tom and Figgy became attentive.

"As far as these attackers go," began Boudica, " we know that a mobster name Janoc is probably the, or one, of the leaders. Harry, Roger, Maggie and Tom's companion Halfwise are also with them. Of these we are only completely sure Halfwise is not actually working with them. In the last attack, one or more of the attackers were from the sealed prisoners in the crypt." At this last statement there was visable reaction around the room.

"How many sealed are there?" asked one of the men standing.

"Seventy four." said Odo evenly, and there were more reactions and a few whistles around the room.

"And how many guns did they get?" the same man asked.

"About thirty." answered Orwell. Including what the mobsters probably have we are currently outnumbered about 2 to 1, and they have 35 guns to our 11.

"Well I see Tom and Figgy at least have the right idea.." said Petty. "There are plenty of arms all around us." he said gesturing with his arm to the walls.

"And they have tea!" said one of the standing women, to which a few chuckled.

"Those are both good suggestions Petty." said Boudica. "So those who can, should arm themselves as best they can, once we are finished here." Then looking at Orwell, said, "Perhaps we could pair one armed with an edged weapon with each of the security guards with guns?" To which Orwell nodded assent.

"But what I would like to know is why. Why are they attacking?" said one of the standing women.

"Honestly we don't really know." said Boudica, "but our best theory right now is that this mobster Janoc is either a descendant of the original Janoc or perhaps even the original come forward in time. We also know that some of our own folk, that is Harry or Roger and Maggie have been excavating and selling off objects secretly. We suspect that this is the link, or way Janoc was brought into the picture. We are not certain whether our people have been in this plan from the beginning or just got in over there heads and are now forced to cooperate. Waking the sealed took inside knowledge. As far as what they want, the Time Talisman's is probably the prime goal and they probably already have one. After that, then, possession of Haddon Hill. From the size and strength of this attack I would guess that they are going for everything at once."

Turembar
Turembar
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Turembar Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:22 am

Haddon Hall

A single shot was heard at a distance and everyone in the room froze. After half a minute passed, Boudica spoke hurridly. "These are the last instructions. Those that can use them, should arm themselves with weapons from around the Hall and pair off with the security guards. The rest are to go upstairs quickly and barricade the top of the stairs, but leave a gap thru which we can get thru...carrying casualties. Now go."

No more shots had been heard yet, and everyone began fileing out quickly. Tom and Figgy stood a moment at the end of the table watching them exit the room. Tom then picked up the Tea pot and handed it to Figgy with a forced smile, saying, "You had best get upstairs now, unless you are handy with a Battleaxe".

"No." Figgy replied and she began to turn, but then suddenly turned back to Tom and gave him a powerful hug saying, "Be careful."

"I will". Tom replied returning the hug as best he could around the Tea pot. "But don't be slacking now, and find a way to fill that pot. Break up furniture to burn if you have to."

"Oh this poor house!" Figgy said shaking her head, but then she smiled and led the way out of the room.

Figgy headed upstairs with about half the people from the meeting. The rest and Tom spread out to join the security people at the barricades. Boudica remained by the two barricades near the Lobby and Orwell went to the opposite wing of the castle. Odo took charge of the House's parking entrance on the other side of the house. Tom was moved once and found himself at the barricade with Orwell and Petty. There was very little talking and everyone just waited tensely.
Turembar
Turembar
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:48 am

The Portrait.

Everything happened at once, there were guns shots in the great hall and the sound of running feet, Tom jumped up and Boudicca and the others grabbed their weapons, obviously there was another attack on the way. Tom seemed to switch seamlessly from civilian to soldier in an instant, he was alert and in control of the situation, his eyes scanned the surroundings looking for points on entry, weak links and defences, I let Tom and the others organize the defences I didnt have a clue what to do so I followed instructions to keep a low profile and not get in the way. The last thing they needed was collateral damage of civilians.
Janoc and his mob had snuck back in the dark and had obviously overcome the outer defences and the lookouts. I noticed people in historical costumes and colourful party clothes getting their weapons ready, it looked bizarre, and I badly wanted to get the heck away from there.
My three talismans begun to emit strong electric static, it was getting to an almost painful pitch, and I scratched my wrist and chafed it as the torque set up currents of prickling electricity up my arm. I wondered why they were starting up the pain symphony right now when I needed all my attention on just surviving.
I turned to look at Tom to tell him I wanted to get out of the room, I felt trapped, and stopped in my tracks, in the shifting shadows of the darkened room, I thought I saw something that made my mouth open in a shocked Oh!.
Tom seemed to shift and swim in and out of focus, as if his form was not stable but fluid. he was one minute human and the next a large wolf headed creature with huge white teeth and silver fur. I wasnt frightened but mesmerized and curious, after a few minutes the effect wore off and Tom noticed I was staring and asked me if I was alright. 'Sure, I said, 'just fatigue playing tricks I guess'.
I told him I wanted to get out of the room, I was no use in any battle and I could feel panic threatening to overcome me. He went over to Boudicca and rapidly said something to which she nodded and replied. 'There's a hidden priest hole behind the wood panelling, it leads to the cellars, but it may not be safe, Janoc's men may be using it to get into the house', he explained. Boudicca doesnt recommend we use it as an escape route, but its the only way out'.
I felt a sinking feeling and realized I was prepared to risk it, anything was better than just sitting here, I didnt want to end up freaking out and embarrasing myself. I wasnt used to all this danger, I didnt know if I could cope with it if the push came to the shove. Plus I was tired and feeling drained with the constant irritating buzzing from the talismans, it was like they were tapping into my vital forces and setting up a Faraday cage, with me trapped in the middle.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Turembar Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:13 pm

Haddon Hall

(Description of same episode, but from different Tom's perspective. Retcon 6, Tom is stationed in Lobby, not with Orwell's group.)

Tom was sitting on the floor behind a heavy old cupboard at the courtyard door barricade. Through a gap he was keeping an eye on the courtyard, with it's abandoned tables and chairs and empty stage area. He saw no one, but there were shadows along the walls, his eyes couldn't penetrate, and big enough to move a small army though unobserved. He was thinking about going out and slinking around to establish a more advanced watch post, so he would be able to give more warning. As it was their opponents could probably almost reach the door before he would see them. He was gripping his sword tightly and felt along the tip. He frowned inwardly, knowing he was no swordsman. Tom would have given anything at that point to have his old UZI and 100 rounds.

Gunfire errupted in several places at once, and slugs splintered parts of the barricades or thudded burying themselves into the old thick wood. Other rounds passed over the top and smashed vases and tableware displayed on shelves along the walls. Boudica went into a crouch and scurried over to the barricade that blocked the main cooridor to the rest of the castle on this side. "Conserve your ammo!" Boudica shouted. "Wait till you have a clear shot." Tom looked down the connecting corridor to the opposite wing and could see Orwell and about six others were engaged in a similiar fight. Muffled shots could also be heard from the other side of the house and Tom though Odo, and his group must also be under attack. Tom suddenly caught a glimpse of Figgy standing on the other side of the Lobby by the entrance to the Great Hall. He had thought she'd already gone upstairs with the other non-combatants, and was worried for she looked disoriented.

There was then a great flash of light, tremendous explosion, and shock wave all in succession fractions of a second one behind another. The shock wave hit him like wave in the ocean and he was showered with tiny debris. Turning his head he could see roiling smoke filled the connecting corridor between them and Orwell's group. This was the corridor with the stairs going to the basement, and the asssailants must have blown the barricade. "Wher the devil did they get explosives!" Tom said outloud to no one in particular, and he threw himself on his stomach.
Turembar
Turembar
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Turembar Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:26 pm

Haddon Hall

Figures now emerged in the smoke by the stairs, the muzzle flashes revealing they were firing, but Tom couldn't hear them, for he had been deafened by the explosion. All he heard now was a painful tone ringing in his ears. This new attack took Boudica and the rest at the barricade in flank and they had to flee back into the Lobby. As Tom backed away himself, crawling on the floor he saw a man in Jester's costume spin suddenly and fall in a heap. The retreat from the barricade left out exposed by himself. He was about to get up and make a run for it when a dark figure suddenly came out of the smokey corridor at a trot a gun in one hand and a sword in the other. It was a surprise encounter for both and the dark figure almost ran over Tom still lying on the floor. Tom threw out his arm and caught the man by the ankle. It nearly wrenched his arm out of its socket but tripped the man, who came down hard flat on his face. Tom jumped up to a crouch and saw the man was one of the ancient warriors Tom had seen in the crypt. The warrior was not a skeleton anymore and his armor was no longer rusted and rotting, but whole and in good condition. 'A short revival' Tom thought Ironically as the man was not moving. He wanted to grab the man's gun but bullets began to hit all over the room again and he fled back into the Lobby. Boudica and the others had taken up positions behind the information counter and elaborate stairway. Tom was going to dive for cover behind the stairs, but saw Figgy was still standing by the entrance to the Great Hall. 'She's in shock' Tom thought, and he ran to her crouching. As he reached her he put his arm around her waist to lead her to the stairs, but recieved a powerful electrical shock that made him jerk his arm away. Tentaitively he touched her again, but felt no shock and putting his arm around her said "Figgy, we have to go upstairs!" She nodded in return, and Tom was relieved to see she was not too far gone. Weaving a little as he went, he back-tracked to the stairs with Figgy. The firing was getting very hot now however and the stairs and railing were being hit now occasionally. It was unsafe to go up, so Tom sat Figgy down on the ground behind the stairs.

Janoc's men, if Janoc was indeed the leader now had moved up to the opposite side of the barricade and to where the connecting corridor met the Lobby. Orwell and his group, if they still were alive, were now completely cut off. Tom wanted to go to Boudica and suggest they try to pull back Odo's group, but Figgy looked so shakey, he was afraid to leave her. Another of Boudica's people had been hit, a younger woman, and Tom saw someone administering first aid to her behind the counter. Boudica's folk had almost no ammo left, and in most cases only had 1 or 2 rounds left and could barely return fire. Tom shook his head thinking 'This is going to hell fast.' He hadn't noticed it yet but some of Tom's hearing was returning and hearing shouting behind him, he turned towards the Great Hall.

It was Odo shouting "Don't Shoot! It's Odo." as he appeared at the doorway to the Great Hall. Tom made a wry smile thinking to himself that Odo was worrying for nothing, and that they couldn't fire at him even if they wanted too, with almost no ammo. Behind Odo who now approached, came two others helping a wounded person along, and that was all. When they reached the stairs they joined Tom and Figgy sheltering behind the Staircase. Boudica scuttled over, carring a gun, her bow slung on her back and sword at her side. She seemed very calm.

"We need cover fire to get the wounded upstairs!" shouted Tom barely hearing himself.

"OK" shouted Boudica back. "Get the wounded in your arms ready to go, and when I shout Go!, you go like hell! Allright?"

Turembar
Turembar
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Turembar Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:33 pm

Haddon Hall

"OK" Tom said nodding vigorously.

Still looking at Tom, Boudica then pointed to Figgy and said "Don't let her out of your sight, and make sure Janoc doesn't get her Talisman's."

Tom nodded again saying "Got it!"

"OK get ready. Anyone with ammo left get ready to lay covering fire."

Tom got two others to help him and Figgy carry up the wounded woman Odo's people had come back with. He had each take an arm or leg and wait there crouching.

Boudica shouted "Cover!" and the few that had bullets remaining opened a sparse fire in all directions.

"GO!" shouted Boudica. And Tom's group lifted the woman and stumbled up the stairs as fast as possible. Behind them came another group carrying a man. All the while Tom shouted "GO, GO, GO!" and hearts pounding and sucking air they finally made it thru the gap in the barricade at the top of the stairs. They had just gotten up onto the landing when Figgy and one other collasped themselves, and Tom and the other man still carrying the woman, laid her up against a wall. Others came to help, and Tom went back to the stairs as the second group came thru the gap, but only with three carriers. Looking over the barricade Tom saw the 4th carrier sprawled at the bottom of the stairs, unmoving. Someone was tapping Tom on the shoulder and he suddenly remembered Figgy. But he turned around to see a older woman carrying a shotgun and a box of shells.

"I found this." she said calmly. "You take it."

"Bless you!" said Tom warmly, and the older woman smiled.

Tom looked around quickly and found Figgy where he had left her sitting against the wall catching her breath. He caught her eye and showed her his gun like a little boy. Figgy just shook her head, still breathing deeply. Tom knelt and opened box of shells, putting most in his pockets and then cracking the breech loaded two in the chambers. His hands shook as he did so, which did not surprise him, but he felt better, finally having something better then a stupid sword to fight back with. But he didn't want to give up the sword just yet, and stuck it threw his belt. He Knew Boudica, Odo and the few others downstairs were now trapped, having used their ammo so they could get the wounded upstairs.

Seeing the stairs continued up at least one more story on the opposite side of the landing, Tom shouted to those there, "Hey! so what do you want to do? Take a nap? Get all the wounded up to the next floor and make another barricade." The people reacted and were milling about, but slowly, and Tom added "There is no time folks... you got to go now, and make it quick!" Tom then grabbed someone by the arm and asked how many floors there were. The man answered 'Three' and Tom let go of his arm. "Well then that's it then." Tom thought to himself. He then went thru the gap in the barricade and shouted down to Boudica and the others who were all now sheltering behind the information desk, with bullets striking all around.

"I can give you cover fire now!" Tom shouted. "When I say 'GO' you come up quick, cause it ain't gonna last long, OK?"

"OK Johnson" Tom heard shouted back.

Tom stepped down to right above where the stairs entered the open space of the room. He planned his move and foot placement, stretched as best he could and shouted GO!" He then ran down a few steps and fired in one direction. The survivors from below were coming up fast. Tom pivoted and fired the remaining shell in the opposite direction. IT helped put some of their assailants heads down but not all, or for long, and bullets began to strike and whizz past the stairs. One of the people coming up the stairs was hit once and then again, and slumped aginst the stairs. There was no time to reload or anything anyone could do, except continue running up the stairs, for it had become a killing zone. Tom joine dthe others as they rushed passed and they all went thru the gap in the barricade.

Turembar
Turembar
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:34 pm

The Portrait.

I crouched there besides Tom feeling useless and drained, I felt a strange pulling sensation as if I was being propelled against my will to the Long Gallery, I knew because it got stronger the nearer I got, I also knew I was being guided to the secret door to the cellars, all ways led downwards it seemed. My talismans were now getting to the point where i would have gladly flung them off they were so disturbing, but they were stuck to me fast, I couldnt get them off even if I had wanted to. The visual disturbances were making me stumble and weave about, I couldnt be sure of the level of the floor, one minute it was a few inches higher than expected, the other it was normal, I kept lifting my feet trying to avoid obstacles that werent there. Ghostly grey shades passed me by, the past was coming to life, the people of the past were drawing nearer to the surface of my visual field, like someone swimming under the surface of water, they were still hovering just out of focus, but when they broke through and all time existed at the same moment, I knew it was over,, for everyone, for all time. There would be no past and no future, only now, for ever.
I had to stop Janoc before it was too late, Tom had to stop him, he was the man with the sign of the wolf, I had found him after centuries of looking.

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Turembar Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:04 pm

(The second half of that, the image of shades just beow the surface, rising, was very evocative and powerful. Sorry if my section has become rather militant. I had a battle brewing and it needed to come out I suppose, but I should be sated for a good while now. Probably. :lol):

Turembar
Turembar
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Turembar Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:38 pm

Haddon Hall

On the second landing people were still hurrying trying to get the wounded up to the third level. Tom saw Figgy still sitting against the wall, looking pale and her face strained. Something was going on within her, but Tom did not know whether it was shock of the action or something else supernatural, that only she was experiencing. He moved a dresser to block the gap and took a peek over the barricade. He saw movement around the periphery of the stairway but not worth a shot. He supposed they were gathering to rush the stairs.

Boudica came up alongside him. She no longer had a pistol, but instead held her bow with an arrow nocked. "Upstairs there is a secret passgeway in the Master Bedroom." she said slowly and clearly, looking directly into Tom's eyes. "Under the old dry sink is a hatch. Pull the pipe under the sink to open the hatch. It leads to the basement. In the basement go to the door beyond the crypt. It is a time portal. Have Figgy stand in the doorway itself and she will open a passage in time that the rest can go thru. At the last take hold of Figgy's torque on her arm like this" and Boudica grabbed Tom's wrist tightly. "She will not be able to control where the others go, but if she thinks with all of her mind on my time, when you step thru together, that is where you should go. I will meet you there if I can. Now go upstairs and place all the injured together in one room, and Norc here..." and she nodded to a young woman nearby, "...has volunteered to remain with them."

Tom's heart sank, and he said. "Is there no way to take them with us?"

"No." said Boudica. Parts of the passage are a crawl space only and you'd never get them thru. There isn't time anyway. If we try all are certainly lost. Figgy must get out at all costs. Everything depends on that. Give Amalie her your gun and get Figgy and the others who are able to the Passageway. We will buy you a little time."

Tom was sinking under a sudden avalanche of emotions. His empath side was kicking into overdrive. He looked at all the people around and felt waves of admiration, sadness, pain, and death. "Your people..." Tom said, choking up a little, and a tear falling down his cheek (he hated when that happened). "They are like soldiers, special forces... so calm and brave."

"Death isn't so bad after the first time." Boudica said cryptically and smirking conspiratorially with Amalie.

"Will you follow us in the passage ? Should we wait for you at the portal? said Tom wiping his cheek and his voice steadying.

"No, don't wait!" said Boudica. "We have our own escape plan. But it is something only we can do."

Tom didn't know if she was lying just to make it easier, or if they really did have a escape route, but there was no time for further words, and "Well good luck then." was all he said, and he ran over to Figgy.

Turembar
Turembar
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:29 pm

((Dont worry I think theres a bit of a battle coming up soon. Nod Very Happy ))

The Portrait.

We stood in the cool and tranquil hallway looking for the opening to the priest hole, Boudicca had explained it was hidden amongst the wooden panelling, and was well hidden for obvious reasons. My hands felt over the polished oak looking for any sign of a door handle, there was nothing there. The panelling was a smooth expanse with no discernable break or protrusions. I sunk down into a hall chair and my arms rested on the carved arm rests, they were carved in the shape of animals, the legs ended in a claw foot as did many pieces of furniture from the seventeenth century. Animals I thought vaguely, they were usually lion paws, but these were in the shape of wolf paws. I sprang up all tiredness gone, wolf paws, I searched the chair and there it was, the wolf head in the head rest, I called to Tom who had be watching the stairs for any, intruders.
'I found it, I whispered, 'its here, come quickly'. I pointed to the chair stoode up against the wall, it had obviously been there for centuries, probably never moved it was so heavy.
Tom ran up to me and stood silent as I turned the wolf head. It creaked and groaned, the wood resisting, probably covered by layers of wax wood polish and dust. The wooden head turned and fell inwards leaving a blank hole. I gingerly put my hand into the hole, hoping nothing snapped or bit, inside was a lever of sorts made from rusty metal, I felt it crumble as I pulled the lever towards me.
A whole section of the wooden wall swung open on an invisible hinge, the candles we had brought up to light the way guttered in an unwholsome ancient breeze that smelt of damp rot and stale air, cobwebs fluttered and dust particles made me sneeze.
'Well here we are', said Tom, 'can you try to get us out of this mess' he said kindly. I could see he was worried but trying not to show it, I was hoping he wouldnt be too disappointed when I failed to get us to Boudicca's time, I hadnt a clue what to do, opening time portals was not something I did every day.

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:57 pm

I stood at the entrance of the doorway in the wall and tried to gather my thoughts, I was distracted by the distant sounds coming from downstairs, muffled cries and shots, they were getting closer. My task was to open a portal for Boudicca's people to escape, it was up to me to help them, soon people would be coming in the hopes that I had done my bit, but I was afraid they would only find a dead end, as I didnt seem to be opening zilch.
I held the torque in my hand, closing my eyes tight and thought hard about the day I had first met Lady Litton in the garden, no that was no good that was Elizabethan times, i had to go further back., and then I had it, the Roman encampment, the night of the celt attack, I remembered vividly the sounds of the battle the fires and the tents going up in flames with the burning pitch, I remembered firing the arrow deep into the night.

'Well well well, said a low and deadly voice, 'If it isnt my bride to be?'.
'Harry!' I cried in alarm.
'Thats not Harry, said Tom quietly but clearly. 'Thats Janoc!'.

Janoc stepped forward a sword in his hand, it flashed evily in the candle light and seemed to move of its own accord.
I couldnt bear to look at it or Janocs contorted face, it looked for one moment like he had two faces, one looking forward, one looking back. Suddenly I felt heat hitting the back of my body and light streamed over my shoulders. Janoc looked beyond me to the open door behind me, surprise on his face and then his face set still. I had opened the portal, and he knew what I had done.
I grabbed Toms arm as tightly as I could and dragged us towards the door, Janoc lunged forward trying to grab us, but it was to late, for with my last strength I toppled headfirst through the door and sent us spinning into the past.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:40 pm

Haddon Hall - Page 11 Corfe_castle_by_fuzzypiggy-d3evbpl

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Turembar Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:49 pm

(I have a bit more on the fight and results back at Haddon House, to write. It would have occured around the time that Figgy and Tom were escaping into the past. I like your description of finding the secret entrance to the Priests Hole. Much better then yanking a pipe under a sink Laughing )
Turembar
Turembar
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Turembar Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:59 pm

Boudica watched Tom help Figgy upstairs. She knew something of the effects of wearing all three of the Talismans and hoped Figgy could hold up a little longer. She looked out a thin window then, trying to see if the sky was lightening at all. It did seem to be, but she wasn't sure. "Does anyone have the time?" she asked.

"Four Twenty." someone answered.

"Only a little longer then, to see the injured safely off." Boudica said, but inside she thought "It's too bad we couldn't have held out... we came so close."

"I think they are getting ready to try again." someone said.

Downstairs Janoc was in a fury. He was thumping his men towards to stairs and telling them to attack now, but the men were confused and reluctant. There was already a small pile of bodies collected at the bottom of the stairs.
Turembar
Turembar
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum