halfwise
Orwell
Mrs Figg
10 posters

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Haddon Hall - Page 9 Empty Re: Haddon Hall

Post by Turembar Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:11 pm

Wow! Really. I like your outline. Smile I was really amazed at how the wikipedia article on Janus just blended in so well to what we had started haphazardly. Another coincidence is those eastern skeletons in the Chamber I just introduced. I had thought of them to have been the original occupiers of the hill in pre-history and been of Phoenician origin. But their was something evil about them and the medallions were actually to hold them in their grave. The Etruscans, last I heard were also thought to have possible been of Phoenican origin, but I have not read anything recent on it, and DNA tests will shed some light no doubt.

What I think we should consider now is starting over, but using your outline and perhaps writing alternate sections. We may be able to use some parts of this exsisting story with editing, etc. We could start a new thread, and only post the actual story there. We also could do our plot discussion via PM if thats agreeable.

Let me know what you think. Smile
Turembar
Turembar
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Turembar Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:11 pm

"Whew!" is right. One of the really difficult things for me is keeping things straight in an envirionment that keeps of looping back on itself in the time sense, and how changes rattle back & forth. But it is also one of the challenging aspects that keeps my interest.

Janoc beginning as an Etruscan makes sense and I like how it allows the introduction of a sort of alien eastern influence. As far as the roman era Tom goes, I kind of liked the idea of his being a Roman of mixed Roman/Celtic descent as were many roman soldiers and conflicted about politics. I had initially introduced him as Sequens (name derived from the celtic tribal name Sequani and a actual Brition soldier in the roman army who served on the German border. He left his name and rank like grafitti on a stone near a border fort 'Sequens Signifer'.) So I had thought perhaps he was ultimately a roman who was captured and defected to the celtic side. I had a problem in that I inpulsively killed him off however. My best solution so far was for someone to retrieve his bones and bring them to the hill.

I like the idea of people alternating in good and bad forms over time as it reflects more the actual condition in people rather then to be purely one or the other. Though there are some people more subject to lean one way or another no matter what the situation.

I also had been thinking on simliar lines that the Vernon family, not possesing the house were instead working behind the scenes.

The artifacts possessing power is conveinant as they are mobile. The hill does too.
Turembar
Turembar
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:28 pm

the outline of the Portrait was useful for me to do as it makes it easier for me to get a grasp on all the complexities, but I dont want to condition what you want to write in your part of the story, if you want to change anything just let me know, you may want to go in completely different directions? I dont know if you want to write your own summary so I can fit it better with mine? I guess I want to keep all that I have already written and the pictures, but I now need to write an introduction at the very beginning which sets up Janoc and the objects in the Roman time, maybe something about who he is and where he comes from. I also need to do intros for the main characters, inclusing Tom, Harry and Lady Litton and the 'magical' objects they possess. I need to continue the bits about Odo coming back to take back the stuff he buried, there are a load of loose ends to tie up. as for PM's that ok by me.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Turembar Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:15 pm

Even Boudicca seemed stunned by the mention of Janoc and organized crime. "Well now, that is not good news at all." she said. But she recovered quickly and turning to her group gave some clear instructions. "Orwell, please gather up your security and have them meet here. Everyones out pell-mell and we should conduct the search more carefully now, and in organized fashion. For the rest, I want to see all Chapter heads in the small dining room in 15 minutes. I will speak to the gathering now, and ask all those uninvolved to remain in the upper courtyard. I also want a full head count from all chapter heads at the meeting. So allright then, lets go. She started to go out towards the courtyard, but then stopped suddenly as if remembering something. "Oh, and Mr. Johnson. Would you be so kind as to accompany Orwell ? Your expertise may be of some assistance in the search."

Tom was taken by surprise, expecting to remain as Odo's sidekick, and not wishing to be once again adrift with strangers, but said "Of course." Looking over at Orwell however he saw Orwell was even less enthusiastic about the pairing they he was.

"Follow then... Mr. Johnson." was all Orwell said as he started down the hallway quickly.

Boudicca and the rest went out into the courtyard. The music had stopped and everyone was standing around in small groups or at tables talking in low tones. They had felt the last rumble just as strong in the courtyard and everyone was speculating on it's cause. Boudicca went up to one of the musician's microphones and began to speak to the crowd. "Wheat Germ, Holly has your bag - Please meet at the information booth..." she began, which got a few chuckles and the desired silence. "But seriously, as you all know there are some problems right now that we are investigating. We have had an intrusion by thieves and some of our folks are missing as well. I would like all Chapter heads to make a head count, and meet me in the small dining room in 15 minutes. For the rest of you, I would ask your patience and to remain in the courtyard so we can make a complete search of the castle. It may help if you continue the semblence of the masquerade continuing." And then she motioned to Odo and went back inside the castle.
Turembar
Turembar
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:48 pm

JANOC

Haddon Hall - Page 9 Wallpaper_lg_4_1

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:50 pm

The Celtic Hill

Haddon Hall - Page 9 Warrior_wallpaper_c7b35
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:54 pm

Boudicca

Haddon Hall - Page 9 Boudicca
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Turembar Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:56 pm

Wow! very cool pictures. Don't know how you find them. Noticed the animals in the clouds in the first and the composition of the second pic is pretty amazing. Looks like a real scene but one of those 1 in a 1000 moments.
Turembar
Turembar
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:23 pm

the second one is even cooler but its got cut off by the page, I will have to find a smaller version and post that.

Haddon Hall - Page 9 Nerd-smiley
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Turembar Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:30 pm

(That last pic came in afterwards. Interesting to note tatooing is back in style. Always was a sucker for a woman in battledress, though it's not quite the same these days. In fact it's sometimes hard to tell at first. Laughing )

Haddon Hall - Page 9 Femalegrunts

Haddon Hall - The Queen under the Hill

Boudicca had no sooner entered the castle Tourist Lobby when a loud crash and the sound of smashing glass was heard. It seemed to be coming from down the corridor that Orwell and Tom had taken. Boudicca, Odo and the two security people assigned to Boudicca ran down in the same direction ready for action. Turning a corner they saw two men rolling on the ground fighting and upended furniture and broken lamps scattered about. But as they came closer they saw it was Orwell and Tom who were fighting.

"Get them up!" Boudicca said loudly with some anger, and the rest seperated the two and started to pull them to their feet. But even before standing, the two exchanged words and looked about to go at it again.

"Stop this nonsense!" Boudicca shouted, definately angry this time. And the two relaxed their stance. "Look.." Boudicca continued. "...I need you to save that for our intruders and if you so much as look askance at each other I will throw the both of you in the dungeon for a week, so you can settle your differences in peace. Understood?" And both men nodded. Boudicca then turned around and throwing up her hands let out a "Arrrrhhhh! what am I going to do with these children?" and strode back the way she came.

Tom was wiping at his bloody nose, and said to no one in particular "So that is your Queen. Is she always like that?"

"No." said Odo seriously. "Sometimes she is worse. Much worse."
Turembar
Turembar
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:48 pm

lol! boys will be boys!

btw are they your buddies in the photo? Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Turembar Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:18 pm

Mrs Figg wrote: lol! boys will be boys!

btw are they your buddies in the photo? Very Happy

No, I just searched for female soldiers. In fact their is a really great thread on them on a military photo site. It was like 500 pages long last time I was there. Fascinating to see the women warriors from all over the world. That barrier has been getting breeched and is all but gone now in the US army. Only the last few heavy combat infantry jobs are still closed to women, and the word is that that will change shortly. They are already all over the battlefield already anyway and in many situations there are no 'front lines' in the traditional sense.

I have pics of my own, but will have to dig them out and scan them. Will try to post one or two at some point.
Turembar
Turembar
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Turembar Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:46 pm

Tom was sent to the castle's padded time-out room for 10 minutes. He pulled out his Ipod, chose a favorite song and sat down leaning against the wall. He closed his eyes and thought about what a strange world it was indeed.

(A really good cover of an old Iron Maiden Ballad by a recent spanish band Mago de Oz)
Turembar
Turembar
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:36 pm

Laughing yes I think I need a padded time out room too, with a nice punch bag to beat the crap out of, what with people that park their car like zoo animals and holidays and publicity calls and getting toothpaste on my skirt, its annoying. Mad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:47 pm

Blimey Mrs Figg- where do you keep your teeth? Shocked

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:19 am

My teeth are in the usual place, Mad but I clean them while I walk about and it dribbles. No
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:22 am

My teeth are in the usual place- Mrs Figg

In a glass of water beside the bed? Wink

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:24 am

Moon yeah come and have a look!
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:24 am

I'll get my coat! Very Happy

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:27 am

:carrot:
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Turembar Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:13 am

Haddon Hall

The Day Visitor parking lot was dark, and empty. Figgy’s car was the only one left. Walking the 40 kilometers home wasn’t an appetizing option in the dark, so Figgy reluctantly decided she had to go back in Haddon Hall to use the phone and get assistance.
Getting out of the car, she noticed there was enough light to see a little, and started walking across the parking lot. Someone cleared their throat directly ahead, and Figgy stopped startled, but not really afraid.
“Hullo”, a man said. “Didn’t want to startle you, but it’s me Roger Rowland and Margret Mardon with me. We were the ones that helped you earlier when you fainted in the basement.”
“Oh…yes” said Figgy relieved. “I’m afraid I need your help again. See, my car won’t start, and I wondered if I can use a phone?”
“Yes, of course.” Said Roger. “One of the groundspeople just came in and told us a car was left in the Visitor parking lot and we had come out to see if there was a problem.” But you know it is quite fortunate that we find it was you, though I am sorry for your inconveinance. Since this afternoon, we have wanted very much to talk with you again.”
“Oh, what about?” said Figgy, her guard beginning to go up.
“Well maybe you two like chatting in the dark, but I don’t, so why don’t we talk inside over a cup, and you can use the phone, and all that.” Said Margret, speaking for the first time.
“Allright”, said Figgy.
Turembar
Turembar
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Turembar Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:15 pm

Haddon Hall

Roger then turned on a flashlight and said "It's this way" and began to walk along the path following the castles outer wall.

"But the entrance is over there?" said Figgy, meaning the public entrance to the castle.

"Oh yes, to his Lordship's residence." replied Roger. "The workers entrance is down this way, but it is not far."

"During the day this is a tourist attraction." said Margret, explaining. "But after hours it returns to Harry's family's residence. He likes to have his bit of privacy at night."

"Oh, I see." said Figgy. She was a bit nervous about going off in the dark with strangers, but these were employee's and after all Margret, another woman was there.

"There's just a small dark bit, but around the bend it's a well lit up entrance and seperate parking lot." said Margret knowing intuitively that Figgy might be worried. "There's lots of people arriving down there. Its the Historical Societies Masqerade tonite!"

"Oh, yes, I'd forgotten." said Figgy. "Well then lead on."

The two ladies followed Roger along the wall for a little while. Coming to a outer corner of the castle, Figgy could see reflected light and hear voices around the bend and relaxed more. "I really need to calm down", said Figgy to herself. "Everythings, OK and I'll be on my way home before too long." Turning the corner, Figgy saw a small parking lot, filled with cars and more cars parked along both sides on a curving entrance road as far as she could see with the woods. A steady stream of individuals or groups of two or three were walking in to the well lit workers entrance. All were in costumes and the talk was merry.

Roger stopped for a moment, and said "Yes, this is the first Masquerade being held in modern times, and so its a private performance of the play tonite with the party afterwards." He turned off the flashlight and suddenly said, "OK let's go in then.", and gently but firmly took Figgy's arm and guided her into the entrance rather quickly. They had just entered, when he guided her thru a side door quickly saying "This way to Tea and the phone", cheerfully.

Figgy noticed he seemed suddenly in an unusual rush, and how he seemed to wait for a gap in the people before they entered. "Perhaps he doesn't want to ruin the atmosphere, since we are not in costume?" she wondered, still seeking to reason herself out of silly fears. "I'm just spooked by my thinking I saw a ghost earlier" she thought, and was already beginning to doubt it had actually happened. "Perhaps it was just a dream I had when I fainted." and that seemed a more rational explanation.

Roger led her down a corridor and then into a well lit and large kitchen area. There was a small dining table off to the side with some chairs. "Why don't you put the kettle on Maggie?" said Roger, leading Figgy over to the table and releasing her arm. "Have a seat Figgy." Roger said pleasently.

Figgy wanted to use the phone, but didn't want to be overly rude. And the tea sounded wonderful. Margret was setting the kettle on the stove and asked. "Oh, I have meant to ask. Where do you live Figgy? I don't live at the castle and perhaps I can save you some trouble and give you a lift home.

Turembar
Turembar
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:11 pm

uh oh! I hope nothin untoward happens to Figgy? yikes. Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:27 pm

The Portrait.

I stood there blinking in the sunlight, Lady Litton had gone, suddenly and completely, I had only looked away for an instant, it was disconcerting but by now I was used to the unusual and took it in my stride. I decided to retrace my steps to the door, hopefully I would find myself back in my own time, but it was anyones guess. The three objects on my body were now setting up a constant symphony of electric charges it was not unpleasant, it was a bit like the electric shocks you get from nylon clothes, a kind of static, I also found I was getting visual disturbances, which were more disturbing, I didnt like these at all. It was as if I could see into another dimension, we see in 3D, the fourth being time, I could see into a fifth. It was if I could see time layered like an onion, overlapping all at the same time, I could see the landscape around me, and see all the Seasons at once, I saw Spring Summer Autumn Winter, but all at once, layered over each other, it was decidedly odd.
The various times shimmered in and out of my visual field, one minute it was a golden Summer day the next a rainy Winter, sometimes I could see both at the same time, one thin membrane over the other, the only way to explain it is the way in bevelled edges of mirrors you sometimes see a rainbow effect with the reflected image in each colour, one over the other. But I was seeing details, the fall of an Autumn leaf, a snow flurry, a windy day, the scurrying clouds, the sun after a rain storm.
I gradually got used to the effects, to not avoid rain puddles that were not there, to not shiver in snow that did not exist, I was still in the Autumn of the day I met Lady Litton, I could still feel the sun on my back as I walked up the hill towards the door. I decided to try an experiment, I took off the torque from around my wrist and placed it on a rock, immediately the visions stopped, the day looked normal as it had before Lady Litton had given me the medallion. So it was the three together, the torque, the medallion and the coin that had this strange effect, it was good to know I could stop the effects when I wanted.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:43 pm

Haddon Hall - Page 9 1703_bant_full
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next