you need a fig leaf for that human bit? Embarassed
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Haddon Hall - Page 6 Empty Re: Haddon Hall

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:46 pm

The Portrait.

The snowy landscape shone like silver in the moonlight, an owl hooted somewhere far away. We ran the final stretch to the Door. It stood, black, silent and still ajar. I got a stitch but I didnt care, it seemed to take hours to reach it, our feet dragging in the weight of the snow. But I just ploughed on regardless, I fixed my eyes on the door and ran for it gasping and groaning. I was desperate to get back to 'reality' and safety. I had had enough of adventures.
But adventures didnt seem to have had enough of me.
We dashed through the door and slammed it shut. We were doubled up and panting for breath, Halfwise slumped into a stool and bowed his head with fatigue. It seemed unbearably hot and stuffy after the cold night, it was good to be back in our present time. I stripped off my jumper thinking of what Harry would say when I told him it had been to the Roman Empire and back. Something metallic clanged onto the stone floor and bounced against my foot. I picked it up, it wasnt a horse shoe it was a silver torque, it had beautiful runes and animal designs etched into the surface, it seemed to be a design of a wolf, its jaws full of jagged teeth, it was stylized and celtic in feel but delicate too. I felt its smooth skin, it was warm to the touch, I put it on my wrist.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:02 am

"Hey wheres our stuff?", said Tom after we had recovered and started to look around. "Well we dont know how long we have been gone do we?", said Halfwise, "for all we know we could have gone missing for weeks, we dont know if time runs the same out there", he said, pointing to the Door.
I looked at Halfwise with alarm and growing fear prickling at my insides. "you dont think they think we are, you know, toast?", I said, I didnt want to even think about the possibility that people thought we were missing. My immediate thought was for my cats, but then I heaved a sigh of relief knowing friends would look after them if I hadnt returned, they had a key to my house.
"Lets go upstairs and tell Harry whats happened", I said. "he wont believe us, but we have to explain where on earth we disappeared to".
"I think he may believe us", said Tom, "he's had weird stuff happen to him, he also knows I dont tell lies".
"ok" I said, and can we eat, I am starving". "Good idea", said Tom, I dont know why but I fancy a banana".
Halfwise rolled his eyes.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Turembar Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:21 am

Mrs Figg wrote:you need a fig leaf for that human bit? Embarassed

I had thought to stop at Boudicca, but suppose we could go back to Adam & Eve. Laughing
Turembar
Turembar
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Turembar Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:32 am

Norc wrote:I would like to read the stories here, please, could someone (ELDO!) do something to make them all in the right order? please Smile

Hey Norc,
It is confusing but really is one just one story. Its starting out as if the same basic story is occurring on two different but parallel planes/worlds. One from Figgy's perspective and one from mine. But they are increasingly interacting in small ways and the plan anyway is for them to ultimately intertwine and merge. Beside two parallel worlds so to speak, movement is also occurring between a few time periods.
Turembar
Turembar
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:51 am

yeah it is confusing and I am writing half of it! scratch But its confusing in a good way I hope? Laughing
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Turembar Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:24 pm

(If nothing else we do seem to be getting good exercise at least Laughing I haven't heard the word 'Stitch' in a long time, but we used it back in school on the running teams. And the Torque has come forward. Before I saw the Torque in the painting, I was imagining a Brooch, which got as far as a planned design of the rim being decorated with the image of 4 animals chasing each other around in a circle. I even thought about which animals and think it was to be a Hind, a Bear, a Falcon and a Wolf. So it was fun to see the Wolf make a unexpected appearence. Btw I noted those 3 Romans quickly burying something in the ground and wondered who they might be.)
Turembar
Turembar
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Turembar Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:41 pm

Haddon Hall

(Midsummer)

"Yes" agreed Halfwise.
"But Halfwise..." Tom began sounding perplexed, "...how did you get here so fast ? I mean I just spoke to you at five O'clock."
"Yes, five O'clock....three days ago." responded Halfwise in a questioning tone.
"Three days?" said Tom incredulously. "But that's impossible! I mean I could of lost an hour or two when I hit my head..."
"You hit your head again?" interrupted Halfwise in an annoyed tone.
"Well, yes, I mean I don't know... I fell off the wall" replied Tom almost apologetically and pointing accross the courtyard. "But, no!" Tom suddenly insisted. "I cant have lost three days, because the party was to be tonite.." and turning to now point through the gateway, continued, "and there is the party!" But Tom's earlier self assessment of maybe having become dellusional suddenly returned. "Halfwise, there is something I need your help with." he said at last.
"Yes, of course, that is why I have come. But I think we had better not waste any more time at the moment. We need to find Mr. Manners and have a talk. I just hope it isn't too late." said Halfwise.
Letting out a sigh, Tom went near to the exit from the gateway, farthest from the party. He peered for a few seconds and seeing no sign of guards or anyone else, motioned to Halfwise to come nearer.
"Halfwise, this will only take ten seconds... do not be startled by what you see." said Tom curtly, and then thrust his right arm out of the shadow, and into the moonlight. As he did so, he turned his own ahead away and closed his eyes saying, "What do you see on my arm?"
"Nice trick! You'll have to tell me how you did it... when we have time later!" responded Halfwise annoyed.
Tom opened his eyes and looking saw his arm, where it was in moonlite, was in it's wolf form. "I wish it was a trick" replied Tom, who then stepped out into the moonlight fully. He waited there three seconds and stepped backwards into the shadow again.
Halfwise just stood there and said nothing.
Tom went over to Halfwise, and taking hold of one of his upper arms led him towards the moonlite. As they passed out into the moonlite, Halfwise let out a muffled cry and jumped away out of Toms grip. Halfwise then retreated back into the gateway.
"What the devil?" Halfwise said excitedly. "I felt a shock!"
"I do too, but not so much as at first" replied Tom steadily.
"No, I mean a physical shock, like an electrical jolt." Halfwise corrected him.
"Oh that, yes I feel something too during the transformation." agreed Tom.
Halfwise then took hold of one of Tom's arms saying "I hope you don't mind" and led Tom back to the edge of the moonlite. There, Halfwise conducted the same sort of experiments Tom had, moving the arm in and out of the moonlite. Tom played a little joke once, extending his claws unexpectedly, which made Halfwise flinch, and say "Very funny!" angrily.
"Sorry Halfwise" Tom said. "I couldn't resist!" chuckling. "But these may just come in handy with Janoc."
"Janoc has bullets." Replied Halfwise flatly.
"And he can be rather gaudy.." began Tom in a agreeable tone, "...but I doubt even Janoc's bullets are silver."

Turembar
Turembar
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:10 pm

had a tiring day today Sleep brains a bit foggy so I will continue tomorrow. Sleep gotta get some ZZZZZzzzzs
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Turembar Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:46 pm

Haddon Hall

(Midsummer)

"Umm... Halfwise." said Tom
"Yes" replied Halfwise.
"There's one more thing. No, make it two more things." said Tom apologetically.
"I'm not sure I can handle many more things." responded Halfwise.
"Yeah, I know what you mean." agreed Tom.
"So what are they?" said Halfwise a little impatiently.
"Well, I'm not sure how to say this, but....Time seems to be slipping around like" Tom said.
"It is slipping by..." agreed Halfwise, "...but what do you mean by "slipping around?"
"Well, a while ago, I could swear I lost an hour." Tom began
"Yes, when you hit your head." interrupted Halfwise.
"Will you stop already with my head!" Tom stated with some annoyance.
"And what about that fever?" Halfwise persisted. "108 or 109 was it ? Brains fry after 106 right?"
"OK, OK, maybe a bit scrambled. But soft scrambled not hard. Are you happy now?" Tom said sarcastically.
"No." said Halfwise.
"Allright, lets get back on-topic shall we?", Tom said. "And do you see those electric lites in the courtyard ?" Tom said pointing, but not waiting for an answer. "Well after I landed in the courtyard they were gone and replaced by torches on the wall. It was only after I bumped into you that they are now lights again."
"I don't know Turembar" said Halfwise more reasonably. "I mean seeing is believing, like with your hairy trick.."
"It's not a trick!" protested Tom.
"Bad choice of words" said Halfwise. "I do believe it, but just don't know what it really is yet. But time 'slipping around' is something else entirely."
"And there was Figgy too?" Tom said.
"Figgy?" asked Halfwise. "Oh... you mean that crazy girl." he added, remembering.
"She was upset, but not crazy." Tom stated evenly. "Why do you think everyone is crazy!" he continued in an rising voice.
"OK, I am sorry. But you have to admit, that until tonite at least, most considered the idea of ghosts, wolfmen and 'time slippage' as you call it, as looneyville stuff." replied Halfwise.
"Yeah... that's true." Tom had to admit.
"But look, we really do have to go and find Mr. Manners. He may be in danger" Halfwise said, nodding towards the party.
"OK. There is just one more thing and I swear it is the last one more thing". said Tom.
Now Halfwise sighed, and said "And that would be?"
"I need you to steal me some clothes." said Tom.

Turembar
Turembar
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Turembar Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:47 am

Mrs Figg wrote:had a tiring day today Sleep brains a bit foggy so I will continue tomorrow. Sleep gotta get some ZZZZZzzzzs

(No worries Smile Weekends are Iffy, for me time-wise, so I am trying to catch up with what's already done in my head.)

Haddon Hall

(Midsummer)

While they were out standing in the moonlite, Halfwise had not noticed anything because Tom had maintained a certain stance, and so did not yet understand the problem.
"Hell no!" Halfwise stated emphatically. "I am no thief, and why don't you just go like that anyway? It's a masquerade party."
"No thief huh...?" Tom said sarcastically. "Oh yeah, company data and classified information don't count. I forgot."
"Now who's drifting off-topic?" Halfwise retorted.
"OK, have it your way." Tom said seeming to cave in. "We'll just stroll right in and find Mr. Manners. And while you are trying to explain this rather delicate situation, I will just stand there exposing myself."
Halfwise had stood listening, nodding, until he got to the last bit, where he choked. "Blluppt! Spurrr...What has..." he started to say, but then he stopped and tilted his head. "You mean you...?" he continued making a funny twirling motion with his finger, "I mean your...you-know-what?"
"Yep!" Tom said smiling and nodding. "But look, I don't need much. Just a pair of pants, or... cape or something, to wrap around myself. While you are doing that, I will go back and hide my rope ladder.
Tom then made his way along the wall trying to keep to the shadow as much as possible. The ladder was in a heap on the ground where he'd left it. Finding some suitable bushes, he stuffed it in them out of sight. Going back to the wall and looking up, he could not see his pack where he had placed it. "It's probably fallen over the other side." he thought. "Which is satisfactory for now. I just can't forget to retrieve it on the way out. Wouldn't be good to lose that." He then made his way back to the gateway, noting there were still electric lights.
Halfwise showed up a long 10 minutes later, and produced a small bundle from inside his Couzin It costume. He handed it to Tom saying, "I'm sorry but I couldn't get clothes exactly. People were watching me. So I made my way to the facillities in the main house and found this. It should work well enough." And with that handed the bundle to Tom.
Tom took it and unfolding some sort of fabric, stretched it out to see what it was. "A curtain!" Tom said horrified.
"It was all..." Halfwise tried to explain.
"A frilly curtain!" Tom said, even more horrified. But he tried to wrap it around his midsection anyway. He managed to get it all around with the ends tied in a knot on his left hip. But there was a slit where they met and it showed a bit of leg on that side.
"Great Halfwise. Yes, just perfect." Tom with just a trace of sarcasm. "But if any guys out there try to hit on me, I will punch you right in the nose!... or at least where I think your nose is".
Turembar
Turembar
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:51 pm

lol! Werewolf in frills, I like it!
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Turembar Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:29 pm

Haddon Hall

(Midsummer)

Halfwise raised his cane and pointing it at Turembar began to say "Now, you need to calm.."
But Tom tensed and letting out something like a low snarl, batted the cane aside, snaping it into two and out of Halfwise's startled hand. The broken pieces of the cane clattered as they hit the cobble stone floor and skidded up against the wall.
Tom instantly regretted what he had done, and raising his hands (paws) palms out, took a step towards Halfwise saying "Halfwise... I am sorry!")
But Halfwise backed away nervously, saying "It's OK, just please stay there."
Tom's shoulder's slumped and he trudged into the shadow of the gateway again and slumped down on the ground, his back against the wall. A silent moment passed, and Halfwise thought he heard Tom quietly weeping.
"Hey Turembar..." Halfwise began, "...don't take it so hard. Your just not yourself when that happens to you".
"No." replied Tom, sniffling a bit and in a froggy voice. "That's the problem. I am myself, just a little more so. You see.." Tom began again, "before I ever came in here, for years I have been a lunatic."
In response, Halfwise just took a place on the wall and sat down himself, listening.
"Not like a Looney-Bin lunatic.." said Tom, his voice becoming more normal,"... but one of those people who get aggitated during a waxing or full moon."
"Oh OK, I see." replied Halfwise.
Tom was looking out towards the party and dancers now, and continued, "Its like it has just become full blown in here... since I crossed that wall."
"So it's something about this castle, you think?" asked Halfwise.
"Maybe...." responded Tom uncertainly, who now looked down, and idled traced meaningless invisable symbols on the cobblestones, "...or something about the ground itself, this hill."
"Well, without any logical explanation I would say they are possibilities." said Halfwise.
The music stopped and Tom looked up, but after only a brief pause a new tune began. As Tom watched dancers twirled around and made odd motions sometimes and were laughing, and it had a weird sort of quality to it....Heatheny he might have called it. They were too far away to see well, but even at this distance he could tell that very old themed costumes dominated. Some were like Mummers, and others in stylized Animal costumes, there were Lords and Ladies and Jesters and Knights. Tom now recalled what he had read about the masquerade being a very old tradition and perhaps even extending back to Pagan days. The thought made him uncomfortable.
"Halfwise..." Tom began slowly, "...I think we need to be very careful...in fact we may be in a lot of danger."
"What do you mean?" asked Halfwise. "Are you talking about Janoc?".
"No, not Janoc" said Tom shaking his head, but still looking out over the dance. "Janoc may in fact be the least of our worries."

Turembar
Turembar
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:45 pm

The Portrait.

Tom opened the little arched door to the ground floor, I was standing on the steps behind him waiting to follow when I saw him tense up, his shoulders gave a characteristic bunched up look. "Whats up?, I said.
"Get a move on" said Halfwise, who was behind me on the narrow stone stair, "I want to get out of this cellar sometime this century, or any century for that matter", he giggled under his breath. Halfwise was a bit of a giggler when he was nervous.
"Can't you hear it?" Tom said. "Hear what? we replied together.
"The music of course, its coming from upstairs and it is quite loud, whats the matter with your ears?"
He walked through the door and stood on the carpeted floor of the Long Gallery, I followed straining my ears for any sound, there was silence, no wait!, there it was, snatches of court music from what seemed like the Elizabethan era. It came and went sometimes near and sometimes it seemed from afar, as though someone with a radio was running hither and thither from room to room at great speed, sometimes it seemed as if it was coming from outside in the gardens and sometimes it seemed in the next room.
"yes I hear it Tom, it seems like music from Queen Bess's time doesnt it? I said quietly, straining to hear the lovely sounds.
"No", he said frowning, "It sounds to me like a Pizzicarella dance".
"what on earth is that? I laughed, "it sounds like the pizza dance". "No, he said, "its a Medieval dance from the south of Italy, when women were bitten by Tarantulas they would go into a kind of frenzy and they would try to dance the poison out of the body, its quite wild and unnerving to watch and they still dance the Tarantala but now its more for tourists, but this music reminds me of some wild dance, something pagan."
"well I hear the same thing as Figgy", said Halfwise having a sneaky yawn, "its kind of making me sleepy not making me want to do the hokey kokey with a spider".
Poor Halfwise did look beat and i felt the need for forty winks too, i supposed it was the aftermath of all the adventures we were having, it made you pooped, adventures.

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Turembar Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:08 pm

Mrs Figg wrote: "No", he said frowning, "It sounds to me like a Tarantella dance".

(lol...yes. I hate Tamborines!)

(Is halfwise really giggly? Shocked I have him so serious.)
Turembar
Turembar
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:37 pm

yes I hate tambourines too thats why I changed it to Pizzicarella, its a bit more of your upmarket annoying tambourine music Laughing
I do see Halfwise as a bit giggly under pressure and a bit sarcastic as well, I mean when you look like Cousin It' who thinks he's Zorro you cant really be too serious can you? Rolling Eyes
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Turembar Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:42 pm

(Cousin Zorro that's good! Laughing P.S. you finally make your much delayed re-appearence next Smile )

Haddon Hall (midsummer)

“What do you mean ?” asked Halfwise.
“I can now turn into a Wolfman. Now look.” Tom said,pointing towards the party, and then adding, “So what’s out there?”
“Hmm…” said Halfwise thoughtfully. “I see what you mean.” And after a short pause he asked “But Turembar, if that’s true, couldn’t it then be true for me as well?”.
Now it was Turembar’s turn to say “Hmm… well I guess it’s possible. Did you have any odd things like that, or maybe sixth senses ?”
“No, not really, or at least I can’t think of any.” replied Halfwise.
“Your probably better off that way anyway. I don’t like this thing happening to me”. Said Tom.
“Well, now that I am thinking about it, maybe there is one thing…” mused Halfwise.
“Really? What?” Tom asked.
“I have always been very good at bowling…” Halfwize started to say.
Tom burst out laughing. “Bowling?” he said between fits of laughter. “Are you serious?”
“Yes well, I don’t know, but I was just trying to think of anything unusual, and…” Halfwise was saying, but Tom interrupted again.
“Halfwise, I’m sorry but I don’t see how bowling will be much use as a super power.” Tom said smiling. “Unless they have some pins set up out there.” Tom added pointing again to the party. “You might be able to hustle a few Doubloons or something!”.
“No, you don’t understand..” Halfwise said indignantly. “It’s the concentration.” He said pointing to his own head. And anyway, you don’t have to laugh at me.”
Tom put his hand to his mouth and really did try to stop laughing. But the idea was too much and kept on bursting out again, and apologizing.
“Come on, let’s go!” said Halfwise getting up. “We will be arrested for squatting if we stay here much longer!”.
Turembar
Turembar
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:05 am

We left Halfwise snoring on a velvet sofa, and I was half inclined to join him it looked so comfy among those cushions, but Tom insisted I stay awake and I did a good impression of cartoon dog Mutley under my breath. SassanfrassanrassanGrrrrrrr!!! I growled. Dick Dastardly wanted me to stay awake so stay awake I would, but I didnt have to like it.
Tom wanted to find the source of the music and I was too tired to argue, so I trudged on behind him giving longing looks at the soft furnishing, not that there was much, most of the furniture was made up of hard wooden chairs and cabinets, but at this point even the floor looked enticing. I was the kind of person that could not function without at least ten hours of sleep per night, twelve hours was even better. Tom strode off and I decided enough was enough, I sat down on a chaise yawning like a cavern, curled my feet up under me, wrapped my arms around me and fell instantly asleep.
I woke up feeling hungry and a bit groggy, my back and left shoulder hurt from lying in a crunched position, I blinked a few times and focused on the legs that were standing before me. They were legs encased in tight leather boots up to the knee and above that were tights and above that were puffy knickerbockers, and above that was an angry looking chap with a pearl earing in his ear and bad teeth.
"Uh-Oh!", I said dead pan.
It was Horrid Harry.

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:20 am

'Horrid Harry', as I came to call him seemed to be in a bit of a strop, he told me to get up and follow him, I was getting used to the way he spoke and indeed he was sounding more intelligible by the minute, which was odd but it didnt really register until later on. It was as if he was speaking to me in modern English even though part of my brain knew it was still the Old English of 500 years ago. He seemed to be resigned to the fact he would bump into me in outlandish modern dress too. He ushered me into a room and closed the door, there was a canvas sheet on the floor and at one end there was a sort of raised dias with a chair on it. Harry told me to sit in the chair and keep still. A man in Elizabethan dress stood in front of an empty white canvas, he had a paint brush in his hand, and a nervous smile on his lips, he was obviously going to paint my portrait.

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Turembar Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:16 pm

(You strike a true cord on sleep. Five is my norm, and I can go for a while on three. The portrait came as a surprise, even though that is it's name. Laughing Here's a very pretty song by Enya.)

Turembar
Turembar
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:47 pm

3 HOURS?? thats amazingly short, put 10 hours in front of that and I am sorted, I like sleeping and I am a dreamer I get lots of them and weird ones too. Last night I had a dream about Petty, he looked like Horrid Harry in my dream and he showed me his computer, which was super dooper high tech with a huge editing suite, dont know why I dreamt those things but it does get odder, like a bridge made out of raw meat with Dave Navarro from Janes Addiction at one end and Britney Spears at the other end, each trying to make me cross over to their side of the meat bridge. Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Turembar Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:04 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:3 HOURS?? thats amazingly short, put 10 hours in front of that and I am sorted, I like sleeping and I am a dreamer I get lots of them and weird ones too. Last night I had a dream about Petty, he looked like Horrid Harry in my dream and he showed me his computer, which was super dooper high tech with a huge editing suite, dont know why I dreamt those things but it does get odder, like a bridge made out of raw meat with Dave Navarro from Janes Addiction at one end and Britney Spears at the other end, each trying to make me cross over to their side of the meat bridge. Shocked

haha! Now I will call that a dream! Laughing One side affect of short sleeping hours is I do not often dream. But when I do, I have long been what they call a 'livid dreamer' in that I know (about 50% of the time) that I am dreaming and will try to end it if it's a nightmare, or turn it to favorite dream activities otherwise. If outdoors in a dream I will always try to fly like a bird, but it is very difficult to sustain, and my average 'ride' is only a few seconds.
Turembar
Turembar
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:06 pm

[url=Haddon Hall - Page 6 Anonymous-movie-image-joely-richardson-01][IMG]
Haddon Hall - Page 6 Anonymous-movie-image-04
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:14 pm

Thats odd because I have had dreams like that, i know I am dreaming and I am kind of hyper seeing things, its as if everything is hyper real, I see everything in great detail and its a beautiful place, but I know I only have seconds to take it all in before it fades, and then it does, it all goes black and i am desperately trying to get it back but it fades, I have flown sometimes, over a lovely landscape and they are my favourite dreams, I get sound too I can hear music, and colour and once or twice touch, but funnily never taste.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:38 pm

The Portrait.

I sat there in the chair and had time to think things through. My first thought was where was the real Lady Litton? where was she when I made my appearances, where there two of us? My second thought was, what has happened to Tom and Halfwise, had they woken up in a different time or where they at this very moment searching for me in the modern age. I wondered what it was about the House that made us slip so easily and without warning from time to time. Part of me wanted to run away and never set foot in the House again, but the more adventurous part was enjoying the ability to visit the past, to actually see and hear with total clarity, it was the dream of all historians, maybe I could write a book about it later.
Harry sat on the side of a table swinging his leg, he didnt look happy to see me, and then there was a knock on the door and a servant girl walked in carrying a pile of clothes. "Dress thyself in the appropriate manner for a lady of the House", said Harry. He flung the orange silk gown at me, and pointed to a screen. It was a good job there was the girl to help me because I had no clue as how to fasten the laces and complicated under clothes. The clothes just about fit, but my shoulders were far wider than the lady whose dress this was, probably due to modern nutrition and sports, luckily the sleeves were only attached by laces which meant I could just squeeze in, but there was no getting away from the fact i was at least 4 inches taller, and the dress hem rose to above my ankles in what was probably a provocative manner.
"Tonight are the festivities for your betrothal", he said between his teeth, "you will smile, you will be silent, you will marry lord Manners before the month is old, and if you try to escape you will be locked in the oubliant until you see sense". he smiled unpleasantly and left the room.

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum