David H
The Wobbit A Parody
Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
halfwise
23 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

continuing proofs America is wacko - Page 22 Empty Re: continuing proofs America is wacko

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:40 pm

Maybe America doesnt have a monopoly on stupidty afterall.

'A man who failed to carry out a community service order so he could appear on the Jeremy Kyle Show has been jailed.
Alister Lamb, 23, from Dundee, was ordered to carry out 200 hours of unpaid work in November last year as punishment for housebreaking.
However, by April this year, Lamb had only carried out one hour of the work, claiming he was busy filming.
He was jailed for six months at Dundee Sheriff Court.'- BBC Scotland

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

continuing proofs America is wacko - Page 22 Empty Re: continuing proofs America is wacko

Post by halfwise Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:10 am

You feed us that amateur stuff as competition? Look up any list of Darwin awards (they seem to have proliferated and there is no 'official' list) and count the number awarded to USA versus the rest of the world. No point in even trying to compete.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:14 am

And there I was still just trying to be balanced! I had no idea stupidity was a matter of national pride for you over there. Wink

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:12 am

You hang on to what you've got, proudly!

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:23 am

Gay Pride. National Pride. And now Stupid Pride! Oh how much pride there is in the world in these trouble times... Sad

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:18 pm

continuing proofs America is wacko - Page 22 Tumblr_m5b538u0ru1r0eo86o1_500

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:19 am

He's got a point, though, even if he screwed up in his reply. There's plenty enough of idiots to go around in Europe too.
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:27 am

Very true. Still funny though!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:30 am

Indeed Laughing

continuing proofs America is wacko - Page 22 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:59 pm

continuing proofs America is wacko - Page 22 248052_3601076819604_1796538263_n

:facepalm:

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:07 am

That....was beautiful.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:25 pm

superb! lol!
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:14 pm

A classic case where the word dough and DOH! are equally applicable.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:23 pm

lol! I am still giggling.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:47 pm

Actually, I see nothing stupid in her response. She acted according to the situation. Probably traumatized - as you would be - she took the 'simplest' form of preservation action and hoped - quite reasonably - for someone to come and help her. Maybe she felt any 'movement' on her part might be too risky. If you, for instance, fear a neck injury in an accident, you try not to move the patient until the proper medical experts arrive to assist. So, if I were to hear an unexpected explosion, and feel a blob of soft stuff on the back of my head; well, then I might easily think I had been shot - or similar - how could I know for sure in such an unexpected unimaginable situation? It could very well be how I'd react. What would one do? Perhaps tunnel vision - shock - may set in? I mean, it's one's own life one is trying to preserve. Things narrow in traumatic situations. Indeed, my experience is that 'tunnel vision" can either save your life or cause it's end, but to suggest only 'dumb blondes' can react in such manner is a pretty narrow (and 'dumb') idea. Armchair Expertism at Work again, my fellow Forumshirans? Hmmm? Sorry, I feel sorry for the girl. Not only did she have an 'unexpected' traumatic experience - now she's being unfairly laughed at by buffoons.

Tangential thought ---- I saw a comedy show on Ozhobbiton TV one night. One of those doco-like send up of real people shows. Anyway, one 'prank' has a guy walk into a convenience store with a stocking stretched over his head - possibly a pantyhose with head in one leg, can't remember - and he orders something over the counter. The attendant looks like he's stunned. Frightened? I don't know - just stunned. Hilarious! I wonder if it crossed the guy's mind if the customer had a knife or gun as well? To this day, I don't know if it was a 'set-up' or just a 'prank' on an unsuspecting convenience store worker. If it was a 'prank, and I'd been called in reponse to the incident - say by another staff member or a passerby who was not aware of the 'prank'- I would have been looking at assault charges at the very least'- 'placing someone in fear of assault'. I wonder how many convenience store workers have had to face 'pranks' like that - or had - or heard of - guns or knives being thrust in store workers faces by pricks with - or without - stockings stretched over their heads? The arrogant ignorant stupidity of it still makes my blood boil.

Anyway, it's nice to sit back and have a laugh at other folk's expense, idn't it? Oooh, this armchair is comfy...

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:57 pm

I dont think the blonde line is necessary- still think the rest is funny. Dough for brains is always going to raise a smile, come on.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:00 am

Interesting

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:02 am

I think the guy who wrote the article is the dumb one. Could have been a good 'example' of human reaction to 'stress' to mention in a learned article in a psychology journal. Sorry, Petty, I can only feel sorry for the girl.

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:09 am

It is pretty hard to see things in perspective after shocks so I agree. Still I'm a total bitch and found it hilarious!!

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:11 am

I shall then laugh at you when something traumatic happens to you, my love. Very Happy

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:13 am

You will die of laughter before the year is out tho

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:16 am

This has got me thinking about 'context'. If this was a comedy movie we were talking about, and we're watching it, I'd think it was hilarious too; but as it's a real event (apparently), then I can only see it from the girl's point of view. She must feel really silly about it all, and, indeed, made to feel all the more silly (and sorry) by ignorant stupid (bitchy) folk like you guys (I mean it kindly). I thought we folk here would be against bullying... oh well... I guess I'm naive...

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:25 am

Orwell wrote:Actually, I see nothing stupid in her response. She acted according to the situation. Probably traumatized - as you would be - she took the 'simplest' form of preservation action and hoped - quite reasonably - for someone to come and help her.

I take you point Orwell, but it still seems extremely silly.

First I doubt very much that I'd be traumatized by an exploding roll of biscuits. Startled probably, but not traumatized. And either way it would be funny! For example when I was passing through Beijing a few years ago and was getting a cab, a small bomb exploded someplace very close by (it was just before Chinese New Year). I swore and dived headfirst into the back of the cab without thinking, then the driver and I shared a laugh at my expense. lol! (OK maybe he was laughing harder than I was... Embarassed)

In the case of the dough-head though, is this a person who has lead such a sheltered life that she's never bumped her head hard enough to know what a head impact feels like? A blob of dough wouldn't even have the impact of walking into a door (which yes I've done, and yes I was laughed at). And then even if her conclusion was silly, her first thought after "I've just been shot in the head!" should have been "F***! I need help FAST!" But she never even honked the horn in front of her!!!! This and the not unlocking the doors makes me wonder if she was terrified of the whole neighborhood she was in before the biscuits attacked her.

David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:32 am

All well and fine, David - but different people act in different ways in different circumstances. To suggest one's reaction is 'dumb' in any given situation is 'dumb'. To predict your own reaction to the unexpected may be fair enough, but I have seen all sorts of different reactions to all sorts of different things/events by different pweople, some of them quite surprising and unexpected. I include my own surprise at my own reactions at times - tunnel vision is called tunnel vision for a reason, methinks! I've never met anyone who is immune. I'm certainly confident I can't predict as wisely and accurately as you. You are, of course, like a God in these things. Very Happy

As to: "In the case of the dough-head though, is this a person who has lead such a sheltered life that she's never bumped her head hard enough to know what a head impact feels like? A blob of dough wouldn't even have the impact of walking into a door (which yes I've done, and yes I was laughed at). And then even if her conclusion was silly, her first thought after "I've just been shot in the head!" should have been "F***! I need help FAST!" But she never even honked the horn in front of her!!!! This and the not unlocking the doors makes me wonder if she was terrified of the whole neighborhood she was in before the biscuits attacked her. " You read my post, but did not understand my post! Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Orwell on Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:37 am; edited 2 times in total

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:34 am

Orwell wrote: You are, of course, like a God in these things. Very Happy

Thank you for noticing!
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next