Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
17 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Doctor Who [2] - Page 7 Empty Re: Doctor Who [2]

Post by Amarië Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:50 pm

Yup! All is well. Nod

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:14 pm

Filming has started on the new series! cheers

"The first guest star for the series has been revealed as the comic/actor Mark Williams. Having come to fame as one of the faces of The Fast Show, Williams has appeared in a variety of television and films, most recently on Sunday evenings as vampire lore-master Regus in Toby Whithouse's supernatural show Being Human. Arguably, though, the actor is now recognisable worldwide though his role as Arthur Weasley in the Harry Potter film franchise."

Mark Williams
Doctor Who [2] - Page 7 Williams-mark

And a few on location shots- they have been filming in Amy & Rory's house.

Doctor Who [2] - Page 7 Th_1202210-rf-street
Doctor Who [2] - Page 7 Th_1202210-rf-ad
Doctor Who [2] - Page 7 Th_1202210-rf-kg

The real owner of the house tweeted this too;

"Fri 4:26pm Rory and Amy Pond's wedding photos are now on my living room wall and will be all weekend as they're filming Monday.

8:18am I just met Mr Weasley!
8:51am What a lovely group of people.
9:18am Karen Gillan keeps playing my piano.
10:18am Blows my mind how many people it takes to make a tv show. I've counted at least 50.
1:58pm SO glad I can finally just get a bloody cup of tea without tripping over camera leads."

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:07 am

Exciting series 7 and beyond Who news! And a pic from the set on series 7 courtesy of Gallifrey Base.

Doctor Who [2] - Page 7 Publicity-01-small

Spoiler:

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:11 am

Couple of extra titbits of info regarding guest stars.

Ruper Graves.

Doctor Who [2] - Page 7 Graves-rupert
Graves has had a long film and television career, including roles in The Forsyte Saga (2002-2003), V for Vendetta (2005), and even The Famous Five (1979). He appeared alongside former Doctor David Tennant in Single Father, but is perhaps most recognisable currently as Inspector Lestrade in the Steven Moffat/Mark Gatiss re-imagining of Sherlock.

David Bradley

Doctor Who [2] - Page 7 Bradley-david

Another actor with a long career, Bradley has appeared on television ranging from A Family At War (1971) through to recent series like Five Daughters (2010), and has also worked with David Tennant, in Blackpool (2004). However, the actor is no stranger to the Matt Smith era of Doctor Who, having played a Shansheeth voice in The Death of the Doctor. He is probably most recognisable to the wider audience, though, as the scraggly caretaker Argus Filch in the Harry Potter film franchise.

pics and info Gallifrey Base again.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:28 pm

The question of the Doctor's name seems like it may play a role in upcoming events. Although rarely mentioned in the tv series the Doctor has had a name revealed in the past which would appear to be his actual name. Heres a nice little list of the evidence for that name- in spoilers in case you dont want to know- but I should point out this is from info already exisiting so its not really a spoiler in the traditional sense.

Spoiler:

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:18 pm

The Series 6 episode The Doctor's Wife has been nominated for a 2011 Nebula Award from the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America. Written by Neil Gaiman and directed by Richard Clark, it has been put forward for the Ray Bradbury Award for Outstanding Dramatic Presentation.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:02 pm

Well, it was a nice episode. Smile

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:09 am

I loved that Episode! And I think I've heard of the Ray Bradbury award scratch regardless any award with that man's name on it must be good! cheers

Doctor Who [2] - Page 7 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:01 pm

Just seen, The Doctor The Widow and The Wardrobe. Brilliant. Finally. An episode up to and above my expectations. Thrilling, moving, interesting and classic, well acted by all concerned, and only 2 minutes of Ponds, Nice.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:03 pm

Very Happy I had a strange feeling you would enjoy it Mrs Figg but didnt want to jinx it!
It gives me high hopes you may come to like the new series as the Ponds are only in it for their farewell episode(s?).

Spoiler:

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:11 pm

Loved it. I finally "got" the Doctor. He's a big kid. I loved the old fashioned feel, he came into his own and didnt seem weighed down and somehow diminished like he normaly does with Ponds in tow. His true nature shone through for once, without the useless baggage. he deserves better assistants, ones that dont just run round like headless chickens, I feel he needs someone more, I dont know, just more. for the first time he looked like The Doctor.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:29 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:... he deserves better assistants...

Have anyone in mind, Mrs Figg? Laughing

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:30 am

well if he regenerates back to Eccky, me. bounce
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:38 am

He was my first Doctor so agreed with ya there Mrs Figg! I'm not competition btw, just saying I would support you for assistant!

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:24 pm

"Loved it. I finally "got" the Doctor. He's a big kid."- Mrs Figg

This is very much a return to the Classic Series pre-Time War Doctor. Even the grumpiest of all Doctors, the First has that same mad glee and excitment at things. It was an aspect of the Doctor's personality RTD played down or removed entirely - I supsect the entire Time War was contrived just as an excuse to explain why the Doctor had gone from this being capable of complete childish delight in things to Ecclestons dour Mr Angsty or Teenants 'I'm a God' delusions.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:40 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Ecclestons dour Mr Angsty

Be careful what you say about Eccleston around Mrs Figg! Shocked You don't want to push your luck just as she's starting to come around. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:41 pm

Eldorion wrote:
Pettytyrant101 wrote:Ecclestons dour Mr Angsty

Be careful what you say about Eccleston around Mrs Figg! Shocked You don't want to push your luck just as she's starting to come around. Razz

But that's what Eccleston does --- dour northerner!

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:44 pm

I know my Doctors Eldo and he is a dour angsty Doctor compared to other versions. 1 and 6 are pretty grumpy too mind but not so weighed down and 1 & 7 were devious and circumspect with the truth (something 11 shares).
You are right Kafria, I supect its one of the reasons they cast him. I dont mind so much with Eccy though- whilst the Timewar is a contrivance and happens off screen entirely between the 8th and 9th Eccy has only just regenrated at the start of Rose and that means the Time War had just ended horribly for all concerned, especially for the Doctor who had to stop it by using 'The Moment' and wiping out both sides including all his own people. So it at least makes sense he is the most dour and angsty Doctor (although 10 gives him a run for his money in the angst category).

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:08 pm

He was sometimes a bit angsty but for most of the time he was manic, giggling and bouncing all over the place, anyone would think you hadnt watched the ninth Doctor Petty? He was rarely totally on a downer like he was when he met the Dalek. Anyway I like a dour Northener. its Byronic. Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:11 pm

He had moments of glee sure, but overall he was more dour than most Doctors. But as I say you would be if you'd just died wiping out two entire species including your own. Thats bound to put anyone on a bit of a downer.
Matt is much more gleeful, childlike and bouncy- very like the 2nd and 4th Doctors in that repsect.

I particularly like him in Dalek when he cnfronts it for the first time- there's a lot of quality angst going on there stretching all the way back to his decision as the 4th Doctor in Genesis of the Daleks.

And love the bit later in that episode when the Dalek tells the Doctor "You would have made a good Dalek."

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:22 pm

My theory is that all the Doctors are dour and dark, but Eccky hides it worse than the others. His dourness is more on the surface and not deep deep down like Smith and Tennant, ( just for the most recent Doctors) I think Northeners are naturally dour with a deep dislike of falseness and BS, we tell it like it is, so he couldnt put a gloss of bonhomie on it like Tennant did.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:25 pm

Way I see it Eccy's Doctor is traumitised from the war (which 10 describes as being like Hell in its final days)- Tennant is the one who has to deal with the trauma and frankly goes a bit off the rails with delusions of grandeur and being a God. Smith is the Doctor who is either more over it now or better at hiding it (I supsect the latter) and is the one who has to deal with the repucursions of 10 dillusions.

I agree Mrs Figg! 11 is still messed up- little bits of it show through the cracks from time to time.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:45 pm

Did you get round to finally seeing Forest of the Dead Amarie- it explains a lot about the manner in which 11 reacts to River.

Just for the hell of it a fav clip from Amy's Choice, loved Toby Jones performance as the Dream Lord.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:54 pm

A lovely vid for Abigails Song- contains spoilers for the 2010 xmas special. I could listen to Katherine Jenkins all day- and pretty damn good on the eyes too! Nod

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:49 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Did you get round to finally seeing Forest of the Dead Amarie- it explains a lot about the manner in which 11 reacts to River.
(...)

Oh yes, saw them the following day. It was much sadder this time around since I knew River.

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next