Orwell
Mrs Figg
The Archet Bugle
9 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Little People - Page 2 Empty Re: The Little People

Post by Orwell Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:00 am

I had to pop out for a physio appointment - I gave Anon a lift. He had one at exactly the same time, which was convenient. Thanks Mrs Figg. Sorry I made you cry. Once the penny drops, I'm sure Annabel will too. You'll definitely have something in common then. Very Happy My next move is to see how those carrots are going.

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:33 pm

Poor little Annabel... Crying or Very sad We have a well, wonder if we would have survived.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:49 pm

I'm not sure Amarie. I'm having trouble enough at the moment of assisting Anon to find the right 'perspective', the right 'voice', without botering him about which people use well water or not, and if the Little Ones are in high enough numbers to co-ordinate the poisoning of All hobbit made water sources. Very Happy

{{{I think Anon might have to drop the direct addresses to the audience. I think that's what is not feeling quite right. A straight but modernized Brothers Grimm approach might work best, I think. Suspect }}}

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue May 01, 2012 8:24 am

{{{Note to Anon Author: What's this rumour circulating that you plan to kill off Annnabel...? Shocked I swear, it'll cause some problems... Reconsider... yes ... ... .... it's those dratted fish-oil loving Fjord[ian]landians that you need fear, by all account... Suspect Up in arms! Yep! Up in arms, I say! .. and I hear there's a drastic shortage of deodorant at the moment...Shocked }}}

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue May 01, 2012 11:49 am

You had better not kill off poor little Annabel, that would be too Grimm, I think they were sadists. Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed May 02, 2012 6:38 am

They were you know. Very Happy

{{{Btw - stop reading my encrypted messages, Mrs Figg. As I am now endowed with awesome power (and responsibility) as a MODERATOR [did you notice that?] I am henceforth putting a stop to folk reading encrypted messages not intended for them! You should know better by now anyhow, Mrs Figg! You've been WARNED! Extremely Crabbit }}}

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed May 02, 2012 5:42 pm

MODERATOR???? when did that happen? Shocked does that mean you have your own mug and kettle and a desk with a key in it (all desks have odd keys in them, they could be keys to odd places) wow this is slightly disconcerting news, what powers do you have? I need to know, sos I dont end up in lockholes, again. Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Wed May 02, 2012 5:56 pm

Don't worry (too much), they made me mod too. The Little People - Page 2 Moahaha

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed May 02, 2012 7:04 pm

Aw geez. Now we'll have moderators duking it out with their awesome super powers. You people had better have some entertaining mod fights! I wanna see like whole continents vanishing and being made to reappear with a flash of flame.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed May 02, 2012 7:32 pm

bounce oooh yeah mod fights cool! like Zeus and Athena having a ding dong! er well maybe not Zeus, more like Dionysus and Athena.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed May 02, 2012 10:06 pm

I guess some serious fighting might occur -- but if Amarie calls me out, I insist we fight naked - so as not to be surprised by a concealed weapon! Suspect

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed May 02, 2012 10:40 pm

cheers ah maybe its more affraid anyway the greek heros were all naked as were the olympic games so thats ok then.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed May 02, 2012 11:02 pm

Amarie said
Save Annabel
The Little People - Page 2 Strike

I think we should. Cool
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu May 03, 2012 10:13 am

Mrs Figg wrote: cheers ah maybe its more affraid anyway the greek heros were all naked as were the olympic games so thats ok then.

that's more than ok What a Face
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu May 03, 2012 10:50 am

Shocked Well, Norc, I'm not stripping until everyone else does... Embarassed

As to Annabel... well, I'll see if I can persuade Anon in the direction you hobbit Lasses are suggesting... Though ol' Anon is stubborn in his art, I fear.... "But is it truth," he's always saying. "I need my tales to be true!" {{{He's definitely a pain the arse that way! Nod }}}

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu May 03, 2012 5:21 pm

yeah we know Nod
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by The Archet Bugle Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:58 am

SIX

Mrs McNaughton got Annabel up and sat her in a corner on an upturned box at a small table and saw to it that she had some breakfast. This comprised of a day old bread roll with jam (no butter), two sweet biscuits, and lukewarm apple juice from one of those little cartons with a straw.

While the child ate, Mrs McNaughton continued her conversation with Rufus, and Annabel paid no attention until Rufus asked, “It has me stumped... Yes, we guess they used poison, but how did they accomplish it, Lillith? If what your Sisters have told you, most of humanity has been wiped out. That is a lot of poison - a lot of water supplies!”

“Ha! That is why we think the Horned One is behind it all. He is clever, we know that, and patient. He will have worked on the plan a hundred years or more. Arabath perceives that much work was done and several enchantments used. “

“You’ll need to explain.”

“We speculate the poison had been placed in millions of glass balls and sealed with magic and hidden in deep places by water-sprites or nymphs, each protected from breaking by another enchantment.  These are simple spells.”

“But surely one of the Little People would have revealed such a secret at some stage. Your Sisters often catch and tort....” Rufus hesitated a moment and glanced at Annabel, who he saw was watching them. “Your Sisters have often talked to Little Ones and none have ever told you anything – not even a hint...”

“We suspect something as simple as hypnosis was used,” Mrs McNaughton said.  “If those we have...” She glanced at Annabel too now.  If those we have spoken to over time were under a memory spell of some kind my Sisters would certainly have known it. This is how cunning the Horned One has been. Clearly the Little Ones were put under the power of suggestion, not enchantment. That is a very human way of doing things, and so unexpected of him who hates everything human, so very cunning. He has been devilishly patient. How much time has been spent while this evil plan has been in progress? So much work done it impresses me. And last night – as long planned – the Horned One has had his agents whisper a special word into the ears of his water folk and they have swum to their poisoned glasses and unlocked the spell placed in their subconscious by suggestion. Just amazing and - so unexpected...!” And Mrs McNaughton shook her head with just the hint of a wry grin on her lips.

“The Sisters have been thoroughly out smarted,” Rufus commented with a cynical gleam in his feline eyes. “You’ll be hard pressed to turn things around.”

“We’re doomed if we can’t find enough humans to aid us,” Mrs McNaughton said slowly. “They always had strength in numbers where we had too few.”

“You have too few!”  Rufus smiled grimly, his face far more prone to expression than normal cats.

“May well you gloat, Rufus, but your folk will suffer as much from the Horned One as ours and you know it. The Little Ones have no friendship with Familiars. None! “

“That goes without saying, Lillith,” Rufus grinned with savage desperation. “So what do we do now? How do we get up north for your conclave unseen?”

Mrs McNaughton frowned. “I don’t know. It will be a long journey on foot, I know that much. I will see if my car is intact. If not, we may need to borrow a car.”

“The owner won’t mind, I guess,” Rufus said sardonically. “But the Little Ones will be watching.”

“We must take that chance. No doubt they will be coming out of their hideaways, but there are not enough to watch everywhere. The humans saw to that in ancient times. “

“Nonetheless, cars will stand out.”

“True. We must get within a reasonable distance of the conclave location and walk from there. Perhaps a journey on foot of three or four days from where we leave it must be our goal. “

“If they can, they will disable our transport as we go.”
Mrs McNaughton blinked and looked worried suddenly.

“Surely you must know already that they will try!” Rufus said in scornful disbelief.

“Yes, of course! Don’t call me fool! My fear is that they will have predicted that any survivors will use vehicles. Not just cars, but trucks and.... and military vehicles... and weaponry too... Humans are resourceful. Even a few with access to weaponry and vehicles will be a formidable foe. “

“Your point for now is?”

“My point being, dear Rufus, the Horned One will have had a plan to disable anything any surviving humans might use against them. The Little Ones will be doing it even now! First it will be any dangerous machinery or weaponry or vehicles at military installations... then more mundane vehicles after that I’d hazard... Quickly now! We might have time to find something for transport... Thank goodness the Horned One and his allies would never use human technology against them – or us! Oh how
they despise everything human!  Thank goodness.”

“Ah! Good old humans,” Rufus said in a surly tone. “Good old humans...”

“You never change, Rufus,” Lillith laughed. “Come on, you must go and see if it’s safe to go back to my house.”

“I will be swift.”

“Good.”    

Annabel ate slowly but finally finished breakfast. Finally, she asked, "Will Rufus be back soon?" she asked suddenly. “I've never met a talking cat before," she added as she wiped crumbs from the lap of her nightdress. "I didn't even know cats could talk."

"Not all cats can, " Mrs McNaughton said distracted by a peculiar glass ball on her bench.  

Annabel went over to her from the fold-up table she had breakfasted on to take a closer look in the sullen light of the room. "Is that like a camera, Mrs McNaughton? Can you see things in it?"

"It's crystal ball, my darling. I use it to talk to my Sisters all around the world. Things are bleak and no mistake. But humans are beginning to pop up and there is some resistance mounting..."

"I don't understand."

"Sorry, dear, I'm sure you don't... What's that?"

"I can't hear anything, Mrs McNaugh...."

"Shush now! Oh it's Rufus come back."

Annabel had seen and heard nothing. Could the old lady be imagining it? But a moment later the red cat appeared from under the bench.

"And?" Mrs McNaughton wanted to know, sitting on her stool stiffly upright.

"I've seen none of Them about, Lillith."

"Can we get to my car do you think?"

"Perhaps --- it's the Ones you don't see or hear or smell we have to worry about most."

"We must try."

"Indeed."

Mrs McNaughton went through her bag. "Here, dear," she said to Annabel. "Put these pants and top on. I have a jumper, but I think it will be hot outside today. "

"Are we going back to your house now?"

"We are dear. Yes, we are - but only for a short while. I must pack up my car with enough... But only a few clothes for you, a few for me, and some food, that'll be the sum of it. Goodness me, I'm missing my lovely quaint house already."

"You are too sentimental, Lillith," Rufus grumbled. "If we're goig to make a break for it, let's do it now. At least if the Little Ones are about we'll hopefully see them coming a bit better."

"True. Off we go then."

Annabel was soon following Mrs McNaughton back past the sliding stone into the dark rock passage she had arrived by last night. She was glad to be going back to places more familiar.
The Archet Bugle
The Archet Bugle
Forumshire's Most Respectable Journal

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:05 pm

cheers Little Annabel is back! cheers
And she's gonna break my heart, I just know it!

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:45 pm

Found this while puddling through a host of my unfinished tales. Next I know - I've edited it. (Did not need a lot as it turned out). I'm kinda happy with it and thinking I might get back to writing more. Having forgotten much of it, I was a quite caught up in it. Annabel seems to be in quite a spot of bother - and too young to know it! Interested to know if any folk here think it would be worth continuing. Shrugging

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:17 pm

Yes! More! You've been as lazy as Eldo! Get to work!

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:19 pm

Id like to see you continue it Orwell, Ive just been reading what i can, in between cups of tea  Smile  & de-flea-ing the cats !  Very Happy 

The Little People - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

The Little People - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:45 pm

You even need to ask if we want more stuff written by you?  Mad Just get on with it! Bloody lazy arsed Ozhobbits, probably to busy standing round some shrimps in an eye watering small thong.  Evil or Very Mad 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:57 pm

I think Orwell looks like a *cough* young-ish Ken Stott, So now, after what you said about a thong Petty, all I see is Ken Stott in a Borat style Mankini !  pale No 

The Little People - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

The Little People - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:57 pm

Amarië wrote:Yes! More! You've been as lazy as Eldo! Get to work!

That's a hard blow.....  Sad 

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:58 pm

azriel wrote:Id like to see you continue it Orwell, Ive just been reading what i can, in between cups of tea  Smile  & de-flea-ing the cats !  Very Happy 

Multitalented! More than one thing at once! Women!  Rolling Eyes 

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next